Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Entrepreneur

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
AND I DON'T CARE WHO THE ******** DISAGREES, BUT ROSE WAS MY FAVORITE COMPANION, BY FAR. That episode where the ninth regenerated...when Rose is a bad a** with the time vortex in her head... yes, please. I'd totes go straight for her. >.>

Dangerous Loiterer

Okay then?

Fashionable Entrepreneur

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Caerthakatha
Okay then?
I get so much s**t on FB when I post about loving Rose. :c

Dangerous Loiterer

Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Okay then?

Really? I've found the majority of people love the s**t out of Rose and will defend her to the point where I've been threatened for saying I don't like her.

Fashionable Entrepreneur

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Okay then?

Really? I've found the majority of people love the s**t out of Rose and will defend her to the point where I've been threatened for saying I don't like her.
They always b***h about her being an ego-centric b***h who is too whiny and a two-timing jezebel. D: True story. :c

Dangerous Loiterer

Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Okay then?

They always b***h about her being an ego-centric b***h who is too whiny and a two-timing jezebel. D: True story. :c

I always get some 'sgdfeelsohmygodican'tevenfgfg doomsdayiloverose doctorsosadness rosedoctor4eva rosetaughtthedoctortoloveohsofeels' bollocks. My main issue is that 1) Billie Piper is a poor actress, 2) Rose from series two lost all personality, and 3) Rose became overly possessive and a Mary-Sue insert for fans who fancied Tennant.

Fashionable Entrepreneur

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Okay then?

I always get some 'sgdfeelsohmygodican'tevenfgfg doomsdayiloverose doctorsosadness rosedoctor4eva rosetaughtthedoctortoloveohsofeels' bollocks. My main issue is that 1) Billie Piper is a poor actress, 2) Rose from series two lost all personality, and 3) Rose became overly possessive and a Mary-Sue insert for fans who fancied Tennant.
I agree with point 3. However, points 1 and 2 I disagree with. I think she didn't necessarily lose her personality, but become more of a stereotype. I mean, I think she almost become a little more bubbly and ditzy and lovesick for season 2. It's as though the writers tried too hard to pursue a love angle for the show than to do what they should have done, which is let the relationship and love interest between the two remain an undertone. And I don't think Billie Piper was a poor actress. I felt she was definitely good. Especially in the episode where Cassandra kept taking her over. And damn could that girl cry on cue. xD

Dangerous Loiterer

Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Okay then?

I agree with point 3. However, points 1 and 2 I disagree with. I think she didn't necessarily lose her personality, but become more of a stereotype. I mean, I think she almost become a little more bubbly and ditzy and lovesick for season 2. It's as though the writers tried too hard to pursue a love angle for the show than to do what they should have done, which is let the relationship and love interest between the two remain an undertone. And I don't think Billie Piper was a poor actress. I felt she was definitely good. Especially in the episode where Cassandra kept taking her over. And damn could that girl cry on cue. xD

I don't know; from my point of view, Billie Piper was no spectacular actress and was generally a bit lacklustre. She wasn't really an actress until she got into Doctor Who, and I think that shows in that she often was quite wooden and not very believable as a character leaning towards being a chav (for me, she sounded far too posh). In part that was the writing (as it seemed that she was intended to be seriously working-class but not chavvy so that anybody could insert themselves), but I think Piper's acting declined as it went on and other actors outshone her. It was painfully obvious it was her bringing down the quality of the acting in the episodes where Rose returned. I can't tell whether it was because she simply lost her ability to do a vaguely Mockney accent or whether it was the ridiculous surgery she'd had that made it that way.

Part of Rose's personality drop was probably due to the way RTD disappeared up his own arse (much in the way Moffat has since done, since we see the same personality drop in most of his characters as well) and began to bodge bits of writing together, assuming that people would just insert themselves and be done with it.

Fashionable Entrepreneur

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha

I don't know; from my point of view, Billie Piper was no spectacular actress and was generally a bit lacklustre. She wasn't really an actress until she got into Doctor Who, and I think that shows in that she often was quite wooden and not very believable as a character leaning towards being a chav (for me, she sounded far too posh). In part that was the writing (as it seemed that she was intended to be seriously working-class but not chavvy so that anybody could insert themselves), but I think Piper's acting declined as it went on and other actors outshone her. It was painfully obvious it was her bringing down the quality of the acting in the episodes where Rose returned. I can't tell whether it was because she simply lost her ability to do a vaguely Mockney accent or whether it was the ridiculous surgery she'd had that made it that way.

Part of Rose's personality drop was probably due to the way RTD disappeared up his own arse (much in the way Moffat has since done, since we see the same personality drop in most of his characters as well) and began to bodge bits of writing together, assuming that people would just insert themselves and be done with it.

I ******** THOUGHT SHE LOOKED DIFFERENT, DAMN IT! D:<
And I'm sooo American.
So the difference in what sounds posh and what doesn't has no effect on me.
As well as whether or not she was using an accent. > .<

Can you please marry me? :c

Enduring Genius

8,825 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
Victoria Marie Blackwood
AND I DON'T CARE WHO THE ******** DISAGREES, BUT ROSE WAS MY FAVORITE COMPANION, BY FAR. That episode where the ninth regenerated...when Rose is a bad a** with the time vortex in her head... yes, please. I'd totes go straight for her. >.>

I agree with you. (except the go straight part because i dont understand it) I LOVED the ninth doctor.

Fashionable Entrepreneur

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
xX-Kira-San-Xx
Victoria Marie Blackwood

I agree with you. (except the go straight part because i dont understand it) I LOVED the ninth doctor.
I'm a gay guy. So I'd go straight for Rose. lol

Enduring Genius

8,825 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
Victoria Marie Blackwood
xX-Kira-San-Xx
Victoria Marie Blackwood

I'm a gay guy. So I'd go straight for Rose. lol
You had such a beautiful female avatar i couldnt tell ^_^;

Dangerous Loiterer

Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha

And I'm sooo American.

In the returning episodes, she lost her ability to do Mockney because she'd had elocution lessons. She also had obviously had her teeth done and something or other done to her lips that prevented her moving her mouth properly. So her accent there was dreadful; she just ended up sounding like a lesser version of d**k Van Dyke.

General guide to posh and non-posh Southern accents: if they say 'milk' like 'miwk' and 'north' like 'norf', they're usually lower-class. It's a trademark of Cockney and Estuary English. To American ears, a lot of lower-class Southerners sound Australian (partly due to that being the origin of Australian accents). If you could mistake them for Australians, they're usually not posh. That's only for the South, mind you; the North is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Fashionable Entrepreneur

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha

And I'm sooo American.

In the returning episodes, she lost her ability to do Mockney because she'd had elocution lessons. She also had obviously had her teeth done and something or other done to her lips that prevented her moving her mouth properly. So her accent there was dreadful; she just ended up sounding like a lesser version of d**k Van Dyke.

General guide to posh and non-posh Southern accents: if they say 'milk' like 'miwk' and 'north' like 'norf', they're usually lower-class. It's a trademark of Cockney and Estuary English. To American ears, a lot of lower-class Southerners sound Australian (partly due to that being the origin of Australian accents). If you could mistake them for Australians, they're usually not posh. That's only for the South, mind you; the North is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

OMG! I have a bunch of friends from England on my xbox live and whenever I hear one of them talk, he talks with "f" instead of "th" and stuff. It's SO ******** cute. D:< I love English accents... <3 I also have some on there that don't pronounce it that way. So I'm guessing they're posh..? o:

Dangerous Loiterer

Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha
Victoria Marie Blackwood
Caerthakatha

And I'm sooo American.

OMG! I have a bunch of friends from England on my xbox live and whenever I hear one of them talk, he talks with "f" instead of "th" and stuff. It's SO ******** cute. D:< I love English accents... <3 I also have some on there that don't pronounce it that way. So I'm guessing they're posh..? o:

It isn't a hundred percent, because England in particular has thousands and thousands of accents, but in terms of being around London, that's generally an indicator, yes. It would depend on other factors as well to see whether they were posh. One is where you're looking from: everybody below Birmingham sounds posher than what I'm used to. xD

If they aren't from the areas around London, it's nearly impossible to say whether they're posh unless you know the speech of the area they're from.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff