Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Lunatic

but don't get mad at me because I don't know if it's really the first season. D:
It's the one with Christopher Eccleston.

But anyway,
should I keep going? Some people have told me that the next season ruined it for them.
That's Series 1 (aka Season 27). Season 1 started back in 1963. It's really good. The show has ups and downs as all shows do. But, I'd definitely recommend sticking with it.

Man-Hungry Lunatic

RoseTyler05
That's Series 1 (aka Season 27). Season 1 started back in 1963. It's really good. The show has ups and downs as all shows do. But, I'd definitely recommend sticking with it.

Should I go back and watch the ones from the 60's then?
I know I saw older episodes before because I used to watch them with my dad when I was younger and they looked much older.

and okay, I will. Thank you! c:
I love the seasons 2 - 4 but 5 and 6 are also good. (Doctor Who 2005)

About the 60's:
I love them too. I think who Doctor who love should also see the old season.

Sparkly Lunatic

Yes, you should stick with it. Season 1-6 are so engrossing that you won't even know when it is finished.

You could watch the older ones later.
The next season can be slightly disturbing at the start if you're not used to the Doctor.... regenerating. I remember when I saw the 9th Doctor regenerate. Took me 5 episodes to stop hating 10.... I've heard of people saying to skip season 1; most people like 2 better. Some even start with 5.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Yumiki G
Yes, you should stick with it. Season 1-6 are so engrossing that you won't even know when it is finished.

You could watch the older ones later.

There is nothing older than Season 1. talk2hand

Anyway, OP... Eccleston's a good place to start. Yes, it's Series 1, but the actual Season 1 means you have to get through nearly 30 seasons of the show (though luckily some are shorter than others). But with the 2005 reboot, you get all the information you need about the Doctor, and only various hints at the old stuff, mostly for long-time fans. You can usually pick it up as it goes along though. I'd only recommend the older stuff if you really get into it.

Youve Been Loki-d
But anyway,
should I keep going? Some people have told me that the next season ruined it for them.

Are you kidding me? Most people I've talked to say that the revival only really hit its stride once Tennant became the Doctor. He's one of the most popular Doctors ever, next to (Tom) Baker. I actually prefer Smith over Tennant, but that's just my opinion.

I say keep going and don't listen to what anybody says. Decide for yourself whether you like it or not. Maybe you'll enjoy it, maybe you won't. It's worth a shot either way. And even if you don't, just know that there's always another Doctor and new writers shuffling into this show, so the tone and quality will always change every few years.
I've loved each season of Doctor Who, and hate when people say that they skipped things. There are good and bad episodes in each season. I have a friend who refuses to watch Season 5 on, because he hates Matt Smith...I think it's mostly that it isn't David Tennant, and he refuses to get over that.
As for watching Classic Who, I'd highly suggest it (though I haven't watched a lot of it myself) It really helps to understand where the show came from, and once you get over some of the sub-par special effects, it can be really great! Word of advice: Do not try to watch an entire serial in one sitting. Doctor Who used to be broadcast in serials that consisted of about 4+ episodes that made up one large story. If you watch them all in one go, you'll probably end up hating it because the plot moves a bit slower.

Sexy Exhibitionist

13,125 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
watch the 2005 revamp first, then go back and watch the 1963 classic who. Thats what i'm doing. It will get to you to like WHO, and won't scare you off by the black and white.

I tried to watch it from 1963 (the very very first series) but the black and white was killing it for me. Now that i'm a fan i can deal with it, but back then i was like "f- this"

and you will love David Tennant, he's my favorite from the new who

~Eva
Definitely keep going! Each of the Doctors is worth watching for different reasons!
Yeah, finish New Who first. Moffat and the other writers really know what they're doing; it's a seriously fantastic show, especially in the next few seasons. Old Who is great, too, but unless you're already a fan, it's really not worth it (at least, not for me).

Man-Hungry Lunatic

I'm already on the thread season of the new ones,
and I love it so much!
Thank you, all of you. c:

Witty Prophet

7,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Timid 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
definitely continue on. You be the judge of whether or not you like the later series. I've been a rabid fangirl since series 2 was first airing, and not even the specials and the LONG a** WAIT FOR SERIES 5 managed to ruin it for me. and so far, neither is the painfully long wait for series 7. go for it, man!
So did I, I am excited to see the rest of the series as well.
I personally think the 1st Dr. Who was hotter then the one he transformed into.

Wealthy Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
keep goin! im on season 2 too so if you wanna talk to someone about it and avoid spoilers pm me ahaha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff