option 3 0.2 20.0% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
1 2 >

Eloquent Dabbler

17,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
Has anyone seen the Doctor Who movies starring the actor Peter Cushing? I haven't watched it yet, but know of a few differences. The major one being that he's human and not a timelord! eek He also has two granddaughters. There are daleks though. I'm not sure about this. User Image

Here's a link to show you what the DVD looks like: link
Yes, I have seen them. I was disapointed with all the stuff they did wrong because Peter Cushing would have made a great Doctor.
Peter Cushing's Doctor Who is not canon, no. But a lot of people watch it anyway, and if you're not connecting it to the rest of the Whoniverse, I hear it's rather good.

Newbie Explorer

I understand the granddaughters part (the 1st Doctor traveled with his granddaughter so that seems ok) but the human part? Is it like what happened in the episode The Next Doctor or is he a human clone with a TARDIS?

Dear Dog

I am always happy with Doctor Who to willingly suspend my disbelief

... there are all sorts of anomalies. Just sit back and enjoy.. biggrin

Dangerous Vampire

9,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I saw the first one. I liked it ok. It was fairly faithful to the serial. My one big gripe was that Ian Chesterton was an imbecile in it.
In the show I love Chesterton. He is one of my all time fave companions. He's smart, resourceful, good-looking, and is actually often the hero because the Doctor is so old and frail.
Other than that, Its a good watch.

ButtHairSalad's Husbando

Hesitant Dabbler

11,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The whole 'Doctor is half human' thing came from one of the comic books or books that were out and around at the time.
Although in the end the comics/books pretty much just ended up shrugging-saying "lol I don't know"- and then moving on.
Maaaaaaaaybeeeee
The Doctor as human? well thatd just be like a normal madman trying to save people from aliens and then being put into a mental institution. Now the Doctor as a time lord, a completely different story biggrin

Angelic Vampire

12,425 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
The Doctor as a human? That does not sit well with me.
Ileana the artist

Although, seeing the doctor as a human means he gets to live out what he truly wants to do. Bad for human and all of space but good for him >...< I cried when he had to choose between being the doctor or being john (episode containing the Family of Blood*)

Angelic Vampire

12,425 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
mlnwninja
Ileana the artist

Although, seeing the doctor as a human means he gets to live out what he truly wants to do. Bad for human and all of space but good for him >...< I cried when he had to choose between being the doctor or being john (episode containing the Family of Blood*)
Yes...

Eloquent Dabbler

17,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
mlnwninja
Ileana the artist

I cried in that episode, too.
Earyn
mlnwninja
Ileana the artist

I cried in that episode, too.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas