Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If I had to 'blame' anyone for my addiction, it would be my mother xD She told me how she used to watch it when she was young and we watched the first episode of the Dr Who reboot together. I've been a fan ever since biggrin

How was your frist encounter with the Doctor?

Beloved Shapeshifter

Through curiosity. I heard good things in the past about the series with strong suggestion that I checked out Classic first. However, the store I got the first season from didn't have Classic and I didn't care for the prices of the classic discs (I actually signed up for Hulu Plus mostly so I can watch it in the future initially). So yeah, after buying the first season, I was hooked. So much that I bought seasons 6 and 7 within two months after watching it... and committed to the David Tennant box so I could watch seasons 2-4 after watching those and the Snowman special... then the movie.

Ok, so a little out of order, though I wound up going back and watching them in order, finally watching and finishing the Tennant box last month. 9 remains my favorite doctor, with the war and 11th doctors coming in the following places. Not that I didn't like Tennant. I did and find him a good actor. I just liked Eccleson and Smith because their humor hooked me.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Suiseiten
Through curiosity. I heard good things in the past about the series with strong suggestion that I checked out Classic first. However, the store I got the first season from didn't have Classic and I didn't care for the prices of the classic discs (I actually signed up for Hulu Plus mostly so I can watch it in the future initially). So yeah, after buying the first season, I was hooked. So much that I bought seasons 6 and 7 within two months after watching it... and committed to the David Tennant box so I could watch seasons 2-4 after watching those and the Snowman special... then the movie.

Ok, so a little out of order, though I wound up going back and watching them in order, finally watching and finishing the Tennant box last month. 9 remains my favorite doctor, with the war and 11th doctors coming in the following places. Not that I didn't like Tennant. I did and find him a good actor. I just liked Eccleson and Smith because their humor hooked me.

Even though Eccleston was the first Doctor I encountered, Tennant really stole my hearts. Not to say that I didn't like Eccleston; he was pretty good but Tennant just added a bit more flair and daftness to it.

Beloved Shapeshifter

xSahri
Suiseiten

Even though Eccleston was the first Doctor I encountered, Tennant really stole my hearts. Not to say that I didn't like Eccleston; he was pretty good but Tennant just added a bit more flair and daftness to it.
I'll agree that his take had a bit of a fun charm to it. Especially with how he'd sometimes appear aloof to some of the flirting when it came to Martha or even how well his doctor played off of Donna.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Suiseiten
xSahri
Suiseiten

I'll agree that his take had a bit of a fun charm to it. Especially with how he'd sometimes appear aloof to some of the flirting when it came to Martha or even how well his doctor played off of Donna.

Yeah, he seemd a bit oblivious to Martha's feelings towards him, but that was probably because of the loss of Rose Tyler.

Space Werewolf

I got in at the start of a cycle of reruns on BBCA over the summer of 2012; I managed to be all caught up on the new series (and thanks to the internet, familiar enough with the old series) before Asylum of the Daleks aired.

Technically my sister got me into it, since she had watched some of the new series with friends at college, and suggested I try it too, but I turned into a much bigger fan of it than she is sweatdrop

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
I got into it with my mother. She told me that she had been watching it since she was a kid and seeing as my mother and myself are into a lot of sci-fi I decided to check it out and discovered TORCHWOOD as well. I've been a fan ever since.

Adorable Lunatic

16,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Waffles! 25

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I legit was talking to a friend a few years back. We were walking and she started talking about it And I wasn't too interested since I was reeling from the visual testicle kick that was Harry Potter part one (DOBBYYYYYYYYYYY) when some dude in a tweed jacket must have overheard us and said I should definitely watch it and he walked away all nonchalant. We were both confused, but kept talking about it. Eventually I did end up watching an episode on BBC America because I saw Moaning Myrtle get trapped in a stone slab and I became a huge fan of Ten-nant.

And it weirded me the ******** out when Eleven appeared on the show in a tweed jacket. What. The. ********. WHO THE ******** WEARS TWEED WITH JEANS IN NORTH DAKOTA?

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Alexander J Luthor
I legit was talking to a friend a few years back. We were walking and she started talking about it And I wasn't too interested since I was reeling from the visual testicle kick that was Harry Potter part one (DOBBYYYYYYYYYYY) when some dude in a tweed jacket must have overheard us and said I should definitely watch it and he walked away all nonchalant. We were both confused, but kept talking about it. Eventually I did end up watching an episode on BBC America because I saw Moaning Myrtle get trapped in a stone slab and I became a huge fan of Ten-nant.

And it weirded me the ******** out when Eleven appeared on the show in a tweed jacket. What. The. ********. WHO THE ******** WEARS TWEED WITH JEANS IN NORTH DAKOTA?

Yeah, Tennant has become my favorite doctor, even though he wasn't the first Doctor I met. He simply was more Doctor-y to me than Eccleston but he did it well too smile

Original Genius

8,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I got myself in to it mrgreen

The DW reboot started when I was like 11 in 2005 and I watched the first episode when it aired for the first time and I fell in love with it heart heart
The 12 days of Space mes. Playing a game on my DS (Digimon Dawn) and had Space on as background noise and then The mad man with the box came on and I've loved it ever since.
Borrowed Season 3 reboot from my university library. Got so hooked that the librarian started calling me "Doctor Who Girl" because I was in there every few days borrowing a new DW DVD.

Friendly Bard

7,275 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
I'd actually heard about "The Definite Article" (aka, the 4th Doctor and his Jelly Babies) long
before I ever saw an episode. Then I got to see the 9th Doctor and I think i just missed his
regeneration episode! So when David Tennant showed up in the next part I was confused and
wanted MY DOCTOR with his daft old face back! I was genuinely upset that some traditionally
handsome guy was apparently the Doctor now and I didn't understand _why_ because I'd missed
the regeneration. Poor Ten, it wasn't his fault. I'd have loved him for the Lion King quote right away
if I'd been able to see that episode first.

I eventually got back into the show with Martha and that went well. Then I lost cable for a while.
And then, lo, summer of 2011 or so, I catch back up with Martha and Ten (God Bless Netflix). I watch him with Donna too. I see Silence in the Library and actually start considering Ten 'ok'. He's not my Nine, but he's ok. He can do the job now. (Moffat is magic...) Anyway, I slog through Journey's End and End of Time in the same week or so. My emotions are _spent_. I am done. I am done with this show, I am done with _life_ and my heart is broken like five times. And then Ten says his tragic final lines and regenerates. Just as I'm wiping my eyes, there's Eleven.

I'd seen him in the 2010 Christmas special and again, he'd been ok, good with kids, but He Was Not My Nine so I was havin' none of it. And then he's running around a crashing Tardis like a maniac, and I decided I -had- to see what this madman did next. I just had to. I'm so glad I did. Matt was the Doctor for me the minute he tells little Amelia "Do I even look like people? Trust me. I'm the Doctor." He was My Doctor by the end of the episode. And I've been running with him ever since smile .
(PS - You know a Doctor is your particular Doctor when he makes you want to discover all the others too smile
I asked my dad and he said I started watching it in 1990. I don't remember that XP I was too little. But I do remember getting bullied in primary school for talking about it when I was 6 or 7.

So I guess I got into it because my mum worked nights when I was little and my dad didn't want to stop watching sci fi just cuz he had to look after me. My little brother would get put to bed and I got to stay up later watching Doctor Who, Star Trek, red dwarf and sg1.
As a result , my brother couldn't care less about sci fi, I'm the one who goes crazy for all of it, and my mum found out at wedding 4 years ago and 20 years too late that my dad had let a little kid watch "scary adult shows" while she was working her a** off XP She said it explains a lot haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff