Welcome to Gaia! ::

Let's see how much the new comers to the fandom really know...what LIFE is the Doctor on?

Gold Whore 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 6 ]
Wait...what? 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
12 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
13 0.47619047619048 47.6% [ 10 ]
14 0.23809523809524 23.8% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
Newbies to Doctor Who aren't going to like this, but since I started on Tom Baker (Fourth) I consider myself an old hand. After all, I suffered through Sixth (the Coat)

The things to remember are that 1. The BBC is sneaky and 2. If you're not paying attention to the details, when they hit you with a surprise twist in the plot, you'll never see it coming.

Let me (AND My Doctor Muses) show you some details you probably missed. Since Deep Breath bore me out on the Doctor's age, I'm still grinning and making educated guess as exactly what they're going to do to inattentive viewers. Old watchers, like me, know to keep notes.

I actually have this posted on FFN because there are still some idiots trying to resist the updated numbering. Link at the bottom. This was copy pasted directly from the Wordpad file used to upload the fic.

LECTURING MY TYPIST:
A MUSE'S EXPLANATION OF THE UNORTHODOX LIFE-CYCLE OF THE DOCTOR, TO A WRITER

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE DOCTOR WHO LIFE/BODY COUNT MESSED UP: Stop counting FIRST as a regeneration...that Him was LOOMED. That's the first thing. The second thing is pay closer attention to the last five or six seconds of the part of The 2013 Christmas Special when the crack gave him back his Life...there's a quiet whisper that sounded a lot like Rose...or Bad Wolf just before he got it back...or did not notice. It wouldn't surprise me, you writers miss so much.

Oh gee, thanks a lot.

A Gift of an Extra Life Cycle: For those, who, like you, weren't pay attention to the details, your beloved Doctor has slid a few extra lives in on you, in canon, and you lot weren't pay attention.

OMG...what are you on about now?

Given the Mini Episode Shown on the BBC website...and thus making it canon...that showed 8th's regeneration into the War Doctor...you have to recount...because John Hurt's War Doctor is NOT Eighth...and this was the first of three. That's right...I said THREE. *pause* That's a very unpleasant expression, you know. Close your mouth, you look like a freshly caught fish gaping like that.

Dude, I do have other fandoms, you know. I can just stick you back in the basement.

*clears throat and hastily continues*

Now then, I know the hard core people don't want to have to change the Doctor's body count, but that's just too bad cuz Moffat already did. Get over it and move on. I'm adding the body numbers and the regeneration numbers to their correct Doctor. You've been using the body number when you name the Doctor, but you've been calling it the regeneration number which is incorrect.

(No, not you, Typist, but you did miss the extra regeneration that occurred because of the unorthodox method he employed, certainly, but you did miss it, nevertheless...put the White Out down.)

To continue, Time Lords, when the Eye was active, got a total of 12 lives, not twelve regenerations, so you have to get the numbers right. First step to getting the regeneration numbers right is to STOP counting the first as a regeneration. He was LOOMED, for spit's sake.

(Loomed - ORIGINAL DOCTOR)
First he was okay, really. He just had a low tolerance for BS and people who were being deliberately stupid.

(1st regen)
Second was okay and he'd have made someone a NEAT weird uncle...

(2nd regen)
Third was alright, if a bit of a poof.

(3rd regen)
Four is my Typist's favorite cuz he was in that body when she found him.

(4th regen)
Five was pretty, really pretty.

(5th regen)
Didn't like Six, aside from being a walking embarrassment he was more than just a little bit of a bunghole..

(6th regen)
Didn't like Seven, manipulative little...anyway.

(7th regen)
Eight was beautiful, inside and out, Second Favorite.

(8th regen)
War Doctor (Real 9) Has no English accent. Matter of fact, since I can't hear an accent at all, I think that one is American...which means that potion 8th took prior to regenerating did it's job, Americans are good in a fight and we'll do what needs doing. I liked that body. I seriously did adore John Hurt's Doctor...

(9th regen)
Chris' Doctor (REAL 10) In shock for a good portion of his tenure, part of which was probably because he couldn't remember where he'd heard Rose Tyler's name before or why she was precious...and likely figured it out right as he kissed BW...which would account for the odd glances he gave Rose.

Here is where the unorthodox Regeneration took place. This is the First Problem, together with the War Doctor, it adds two bodies and two Regenerations to your previous count. Only, you knew about this one and still failed to add it...what is wrong with you people? If it uses a Regeneration, it COUNTS. It doesn't matter that only a part human Doctor was created, the energy was still used.

(10th regen)
David's Doctor. (REAL 11th)
Bi-Polar, PTSD, ADD, ADHD, Got a lot of denial going on an should be on medication. Sorry, not on favorites list due to being more that just a little unstable and somewhat irresponsible. The Ood told him his song was ending...they didn't mean the Tenth's Song, they meant the DOCTOR'S SONG, was ending. This should have been the last body in the main universe since the metacrisis already existed when this body ended it's Time, even though he was elsewhere. Still counts because the regeneration ENERGY was still expended and the full Time Lord can't get that back. It COUNTS.

(11th regen)
David's Biological Metacrisis (The 'hand' was used to store the energy from a regeneration, which was later used to FORM Ten2, technically, this makes him the REAL 12th) There is a possibility he will regenerate in the other universe, though, given that we now know our's has had his entire life-cycle reset and restarted.

(12th regen)

Matt's Doctor (REAL 13th) This body should have never formed. THIS is the reset, for all intents and purposes, he was extra. Given that, the Doctor should have died here, for real. Only Clara's plea to Time changed this...the Doctor himself said he'd been 'reset'. You people just missed it entirely. You completely mistook what he meant. He was so much more stable, because he wasn't the last of a cycle, he was FIRST of a NEW cycle.

(13th regen, 14th BODY) And so, he will continue...although, now, with the myriad ways he's cheating, there is growing evidence that because of the fact that the series makes very good money for the BBC and apparently they have decided to continue...the Doctor is still stuck with us...and this is good. It will give me new and varied ways and excuses to mess with my Typist's head...

Peter's Doctor is already TWO regenerations past the cutoff life here, so, he begun a new round of 12 bodies and this is actual Second, not First. Sneaky old b*****d, no wonder Matt played his regeneration the way he did. Soft, loving eyes, and a very gentle smile full of patience for people who just weren't getting it.

This is actually posted at Lectures There a bit more and as you can see it reads like a fan fic...that's because it is. The remainder is a bit more dialog between me and my muse, is all. If you want to know why he had me screaming, go read the posted version.

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
dramallama

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Really three bumps? If someone was interested in your theory you probably wouldn't need three bumps.

Second, the Doctor himself has said Twelve Regenerations, not lives. Thing is back in "Twin Dilemma" it's shown that Time Lords can regenerate beyond that number but it usually results in death. Given the Master's look in "Deadly Assassin", it was possibly the result of a Thirteenth Regeneration so it is possible to survive a Thirteenth regeneration maybe not fully.

Still if your twelve lives thing is right, it might have been what the Doctor took from Rose gave him that extra little help to regenerate one last time full unlike the Master's "Deadly Assassin" Regeneration. If this hold's true the Doctor knew this was how he beat the limit and he knew he wouldn't survive another attempt at a regeneration. Still he still had the energy within him to try, that's why he was able to heal River's wrist.

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
Recca Hino
Really three bumps? If someone was interested in your theory you probably wouldn't need three bumps.

Second, the Doctor himself has said Twelve Regenerations, not lives. Thing is back in "Twin Dilemma" it's shown that Time Lords can regenerate beyond that number but it usually results in death. Given the Master's look in "Deadly Assassin", it was possibly the result of a Thirteenth Regeneration so it is possible to survive a Thirteenth regeneration maybe not fully.

Still if your twelve lives thing is right, it might have been what the Doctor took from Rose gave him that extra little help to regenerate one last time full unlike the Master's "Deadly Assassin" Regeneration. If this hold's true the Doctor knew this was how he beat the limit and he knew he wouldn't survive another attempt at a regeneration. Still he still had the energy within him to try, that's why he was able to heal River's wrist.
Doesn't matter what the Doctor says, what matters is what the BBC says. That's the thing. I don't really care if you're offended by the idea you were wrong, canon nazis generally are.

Also, can the attitude, kiddo. I'm not impressed.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Good old fashion eye for an eye. Attitude for attitude. It might not be your intent but your post seems to have an attitude too. Especially the Cannon Nazi comment.

I'm not trying to impress anyone, what I'm trying to do is state points that could be revelant to the conversation. Back on topic, what the BBC says changes, and changes constantly:
- In The Brain of Morbius we see what were supposed to be The Doctor before he was The Doctor, nothing ever came of that.
-During the Seventh Doctor's time hints were laid that the Doctor was previously known as the Other, the books build on that, but aren't considered cannon to the show.
- Davis said the woman how kept appearing to Mott was the Doctor's mother. When Moffet took over it seems the Doctor lived in a orphanage.

Moffat said Smith was the last and Capaldi(sp) was the first of a new line. He's the show runner, AKA; "God". I don't agree with what Moffat has done, but I'm just a fan, the only thing I can control in my opinion.

Blessed Survivor

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Actually, The Tenth Doctor took the 11th regen as in "respawning" but the Metacrisis Doctor (aka 2P!Doctor as I would like to call him) is a "copy-paste" due to his hand.
TBH, I've not seen Season 3 or 4 at all, but I can judge it as it was.
And The War Doctor isn't numbered due to the fact that he isn't "The Doctor", but yes, I count him as a regeneration.

My summary: The Doctor is currently in his 13th life, thus I answered 13 in the poll.

Vermillion Hunter

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Restorative Spirit 250
Technically we don't know what life he's on, because we're not completely sure the first Doctor is really the first Doctor. They were toying with the idea of connecting the Doctor to Omega during Seven's run as well.

For all we know he's what resulted after Omega got more regeneration energy. Or maybe he's the reason there's a mandatory cap on regeneration numbers. We don't really know.

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
You're still avoiding the point and the point on the metacrisis is that once the energy is expended, it's gone, THAT is why it counts. If he'd picked up the hand himself, the new body would have been the next body, it's all semantics. It counts because the energy was expended.

The other thing is that you have to determine if he's referring to the regeneration number or the body number...the body number is always one number higher than the regeneration one.

As Peter said in the 50th, 'No sir, all THIRTEEN.' When the Doctor refers to himself he always counts using the regeneration number. Every time. Ten calls himself Ten even though the body is the 11th one. He only counts regenerations.

This is a constant, newbies. It's one of the ways he has always used to hide who he is to people...and it marks him to experienced Whovians as being on the FOURTEENTH life.

Lovely try at diverting attention, but...no dice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff