Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

From any Doctor/era or whatever?

I still can't get over how freakin' adorable 'Sea Devils' is as a story. The Master, and the children's TV, and Jo Grant, and the sword fighting. Ah, cracks me up.

And anything with Jack Harkness. Very good.

Fashionable Cub

12,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Blink. It is my FAVORITE episode.
I also like Steven Moffat's 2 part episodes, i.e. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead. c:
I haven't seen very many Classic Who episodes, but I hope to soon...
Seconding anything with Jack Harkness. <3
I love our Captain.
Blink, and the DoctorDonna arc.
i liked the pandorica episode
I kind of enjoyed Castrovalva. In a weird, hard to follow, mind-bending way. I'd like to see something like that again. (Castrovalva is the 5th Doctor's first episode, fyi). I also loved Utopia/Last of the Time Lords/Sound of Drums. Brilliant stuff.

6,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
the one with the angel statues

Dapper Pants

I go on and on about it: Genesis of the Daleks.

It's just that I love the moral implications that the Doctor is forced to deal with. He's able to change the course of history, the way s of the universe to destroy a species that is the closest to pure evil as there can be. He'd be saving thousands, maybe millions of innocent lives, and saving himself somewhere way down along the line.

But it's destroying a whole species for an act they haven't even had the chance to commit yet. It's genocide. He'd be killing the daleks because they were daleks. He wouldn't be killing them because they've done bad things and it's for the safety of the universe - they hadn't had the chance to kill anyone, even. He did know what a terror they would become. But does that justify genocide?

Finally, he understands the other implications of killing an entire species. Inadvertently, the daleks have influenced some of the universe for the better. Different species and races have bonded together in alliance, out of fear of the daleks. If not for the daleks, they may have been in poverty or at war, or been eliminated by another force. What right does the Doctor have from preventing these relationships from forming? How many would die from lacking that alliance rather than being killed by the daleks?

It makes you think of the recent episodes. Dalek Sec, after evolving to incorporate human DNA, became a better creature, I like to think. He began to understand more, and move beyond killing everything that wasn't the same. He became flexible, as humans are, and was learning to be able to accept things that were different. Daleks were born out of racism, and were never able to understand that different is not always worse. In his evolution, Dalek Sec was almost reborn in a world where change was necessary, and different wasn't bad. And even the Doctor agreed that dalek Sec deserved a chance. That shows that the daleks are capable of changing, even if dalek Sec was unable to succeed because of the other daleks. But the potential is there - one day, in another time, the daleks could learn to accept other races. And if they can learn, they're not pure evil, that is, depending on how you define evil.

Also, the serial gives some insight on how the daleks were created - they aren't just a race that hates everything else because they are bad. They are the results of that mentality. They were created because of racism. Maybe daleks are rigid in their ways and unable to accept others, but they are only that way because they were made to be that way. And they were made to be that way from people that thought that they were better than others.

Sorry about the text wall. To be fair, I did warn you.
TL;DR it's a very interesting serial so go watch it.
Blink- LOVED IT!
Really wanted Sally Sparrow to become a companion!

Fashionable Genius

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
Ishilied
Blink, and the DoctorDonna arc.

Desirable Sex Symbol

Vincent & the Doctor

Rainbow Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pieversity 200
The Curse of Fenric, Survival and Battlefield. Ace was my idol.
I loved Blink. ;D

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Hm... tricky one. My interests always change.

For the moment, though, let's go with The Key to Time. Or the entirety of Series 5.

7,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
I loved "Tooth and Claw" and "Blink."

Star Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Episode(s) : Too many! Blink, Silence in the Library/The Forest of the Dead, Human Nature/Family of Blood, that one where the Tardis is a person...

Series: The one with Doctor/Donna

Story arc: Bad Wolf. Mostly because I wasn't expecting it, I think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff