Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amateur Sleuth

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
User Image

{Is it me or are the Doctors getting younger with each regeneration? The 9th looked like he was about 35-37. The 10th looked like he was about 28-30. And the 11th looks like hes between 23-25.

Please tell me that's not just me.
}

Witty Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Invisibility 100
Haha, good observation! Let's hope that doesn't continue.. imagine him as a toddler. rofl

Dapper Phantom

Tennant was about 38 at the end of his run.
Smith is 29

Witty Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Invisibility 100

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I noticed that too.

Celestial Spirit

I think the earlier series did that too, actually. I can't recall if it was ever explained.
Everto94
Smith is 29

Which is the same age Peter Davison was at the start of his run. So I'm guessing Matt Smith's replacement (when the time comes) will be a relatively older man, but you can never be sure. Though it would be amusing if the Twelfth Doctor was played by someone who'd previously appeared in the series.

Dapper Phantom

Clare_N
Everto94
Smith is 29

Which is the same age Peter Davison was at the start of his run. So I'm guessing Matt Smith's replacement (when the time comes) will be a relatively older man, but you can never be sure. Though it would be amusing if the Twelfth Doctor was played by someone who'd previously appeared in the series.

nah i dont think so. One of my favorite aspects is getting to know a new doctor.

Rainbow Fairy

47,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
In terms of television appeal, the next Doctor is likely to be a relatively or completely unknown mid to late 20s guy with fancy hair (unknown so as to keep production cost down, mid-late 20s to have someone reasonably fit to do all the running, and so that it's not creepy when they have a young companion, plus that age range will appeal to larger target audience, and fancy hair to get the girls interested)

Personally I don't care how old the actor is... the Doctor is hundreds of years old after all.
I would like to see an older Doctor, just so we get something different from the last few doctor... but I'm happy with Matt Smith, so don't really want to put much thought into the next Doctor, until we know that the Doctor is likely to regenerate soon.

Amateur Sleuth

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
I'm not a huge fan of the 11th Doctor...
9 and 10 was believably the same person. I feel like 11 is just too different. Even though 10 said that every time he regenerates he feels like he dies and someone completely new takes his place... its still really hard for me to get my brain to understand that 11 is still the same Doctor. Maybe its a symptom of being a New Whovian. I very much miss Chris Ecclestan and David Tennant. They had so much fun with things going to hell all around them and thought it was great. Matt Smith's character seems to be a bit too serious and distressed about circumstances. I hope the new Doctor, whenever that happens... is more like the 9 and 10 generations.
I really miss 9 as well. I would like to see a slightly older Doctor again. I want the Doctor to be older than me in appearance.

Amateur Sleuth

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Arrim
I really miss 9 as well. I would like to see a slightly older Doctor again. I want the Doctor to be older than me in appearance.

Me too. I'm only 23... so I'd rather the doctor at least look a little older... or have that "older in the eyes" look that they can achieve with certain actors in other movies where the character is hundreds of years older than they look.

Also a little creeped out with River (who looks like she's over 40) kissing the Doctor who looks like he's my age. I kinda went o.O the first time she kissed him.
IX Odysseia IX
I'm not a huge fan of the 11th Doctor...
9 and 10 was believably the same person. I feel like 11 is just too different. Even though 10 said that every time he regenerates he feels like he dies and someone completely new takes his place... its still really hard for me to get my brain to understand that 11 is still the same Doctor. Maybe its a symptom of being a New Whovian. I very much miss Chris Ecclestan and David Tennant. They had so much fun with things going to hell all around them and thought it was great. Matt Smith's character seems to be a bit too serious and distressed about circumstances. I hope the new Doctor, whenever that happens... is more like the 9 and 10 generations.

I so agree with this, but 9 and 10 doctor was written by the same person/people whereas 11 is totally new (I believe) which probably explains it. However, I do agree you should be able to tell it's the same person despite all the changes and I feel like doc11 is just worlds apart from the other two. I understand the doctor has been around for ages and has his highs and his low times but Matt Smith comes across to me like a completely different time lord altogether and not 'The Doctor.' He'll all too readily kill for revenge or not bother to save people which just isn't the doctors way!

Versatile Explorer

7,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hygienic 200
I don't really think much of the age of the Doctor. What I really like is, that it's the same Doctor, but then again...not really. You can not only see it on the features of the face, but his sense of style also changes completely. The 9th had his leather jacket, the 10th his trenchcoat and sneakers and the 11th his bowtie and suspenders.

Besides River got to regenerate in to a toddler and from a young looking woman to an older looking woman. So I guess it could go both ways xD
ShaydeLune
User Image

bahaha this

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out