Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Just click the picture it is a link to the site!
So for those who have not heard, or those who just want to talk about it, there is a new mmorpg that has been released by Three Rings, the same studio that brought us Spiral Knights. It is a flash based mmorgp that has some elements of their previous work, but also has some unique new features. The game revolves more around puzzles and using your head than most other mmo's do. It could be a very interesting game, and with Three Rings track record from Spiral Knights I am sure it will be a good game.

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
It's far too laggy for me to play it effectively.

But I did make two accounts, one Silurian and one human. I do love that you get to choose what species you want your character to be. Sadly though it's hard to find a head accessory the fits properly on a Silurian avatar OTL

Dapper Lunatic

Well it is flash based, and that can be a bit heavy on a computer. I am sure with time though they will get it running better. It could be worse though, it could be done in java...To this day minecraft causes me so many problems, which is sad when I can run Skyrim on ultra no problem... If any conclusions can be drawn from their previous work, Spiral Knights, I am sure they will add some more gear that fits the other species. Since it has just started up not to long ago though it may take some time.

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Statustician 100
i dont watch doctor who never heard of it maybe ill watch it someday.

Dapper Lunatic

pumpkin302
i dont watch doctor who never heard of it maybe ill watch it someday.

Why are you posting here then...Watch some Doctor Who, it ain't gonna hurt ya. Heck, it just might make you smarter. Also this is about the game Doctor Who: Worlds in Time...Have you played that, if not go try it out; it is free to play...

Newbie Noob

7,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
thoraxethegamer
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
So for those who have not heard, or those who just want to talk about it, there is a new mmorpg that has been released by Three Rings, the same studio that brought us Spiral Knights. It is a flash based mmorgp that has some elements of their previous work, but also has some unique new features. The game revolves more around puzzles and using your head than most other mmo's do. It could be a very interesting game, and with Three Rings track record from Spiral Knights I am sure it will be a good game.
Whoa

Trash Model

16,325 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Black Friday Ruler 25
thoraxethegamer
Well it is flash based, and that can be a bit heavy on a computer. I am sure with time though they will get it running better. It could be worse though, it could be done in java..

From my personal experience, Javascript and HTML5 based stuff runs faster than Flash-based things. Flash was never designed to handle that many layers and objects at once...I learned that from personal experience working in Flash, and it was just animation but it was lagging because of the sheer number of objects I needed for what I was doing (which was making a ghost bear dissolve into snow).

But I am hoping that they can find a way to make the game run faster, because it really is impossible for me to play as it is.

Fashionable Seeker

3,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
I have an account but boy is it laggy, Flash isn't a good medium for such a game but it is fun once it gets going. Hopefully the bugs will get worked out in due time!

Nimble Explorer

It lags a bit for me but for the most part it's playable. It's kind of fun to play around with (but I have four of those black nurse hats from catkind shards that I have absolutely nothing to do with. It's kind of annoying. xD )
I've got a Silurian to Mars, and a human still dicking around on Earth.

Sparkly Prophet

I haven't played it a whole lot yet, but I like it. Super cute. One of my friends works for Three Rings (they have an office just a few blocks away from me), and he designed the hacking puzzles. (he did other stuff too, but that's the one in particular that I remember him mentioning once I started beta testing) I'm soooo proud of him!! mrgreen

Dapper Lunatic

I have not had much time to play either, but what I have played so far has been fun. I like the puzzles, it is a refreshing break from all the other mmo's I have played. Plus puzzles just seem to fit Doctor Who in my opinion. If you see that friend again soon complement him on his work, he and the rest of his team did a great job!

High-functioning Lunatic

gaia_angelleft gaia_crown gaia_angelright
*Hyperventilates*
I. Did. Not. Know. Of. This.
Is it online, or do I have to kill some game store manager to get it?

Dapper Lunatic

It is online, and free to play. No download necessary! Just click the picture in the original post, it is a link to the site!

6,675 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
WHAAAAAAAAT?! cat_gonk

I DID NOT KNOW OF THIS! cat_scream

*Goes to open game in new tab.* cat_whee

6,675 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
So far the story line reminds me of Inuyasha.

Shards that need collecting, creatures and other villains willing to fight us for them, there's probably one person behind the entire thing, time traveling. (Well time travelling is Doctor Who's original story line. cat_3nodding )

But this seems infinitely more interesting than Inuyasha so eh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff