Eighth (Paul McGann) 0.15686274509804 15.7% [ 48 ]
Total Votes:[ 306 ]

Blessed Soldier

14,225 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Caerthakatha
Welp, Points of View was depressing. The BBC appeared to be flooded with people demanding that Doctor Who be axed based on recent episodes.

Never biggrin

Dangerous Loiterer

Alexander Faust
Caerthakatha
Welp, Points of View was depressing. The BBC appeared to be flooded with people demanding that Doctor Who be axed based on recent episodes.

Never biggrin
It happened once before...

Blessed Soldier

14,225 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Caerthakatha
Alexander Faust
Caerthakatha

Never biggrin

I know rolleyes

I meant just because a few people whining aren't going to have it taken off the air, the ratings for every episode so far have been through the roof on both sides of the pond so yea...not going to happen, there WILL be a next season, and no one that for some reason didn't like these last few episodes (all great btw) isn't going to change that. biggrin

High-functioning Detective

20,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Alexander Faust
Caerthakatha

I know rolleyes

I meant just because a few people whining aren't going to have it taken off the air, the ratings for every episode so far have been through the roof on both sides of the pond so yea...not going to happen, there WILL be a next season, and no one that for some reason didn't like these last few episodes (all great btw) isn't going to change that. biggrin

Honestly, I did not enjoy series 7 overall. Some parts were good, and the majority of the season finale was amazing, but it's definitely gone a bit down hill for me.

That does not mean I want it off the air. It can get better again, right? RIGHT?! Tell me it will get better! Please!

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I'm finally able to get my Dr. Who fix via netflix. But my question is the episode 'The Aztecs' is it the very first episode or not
Darth Acheron
I'm finally able to get my Dr. Who fix via netflix. But my question is the episode 'The Aztecs' is it the very first episode or not

An Unearthly Child is the episode that started it all.

Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't have a lot of the classic serials available.

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
RoseTyler05
Darth Acheron

Well that sucks. This one is pretty good though. I hate that I've missed all of season 7 emotion_bigvein
Darth Acheron
RoseTyler05
Darth Acheron

Well that sucks. This one is pretty good though. I hate that I've missed all of season 7 emotion_bigvein

The Aztecs is a great serial. One of my favorites.

Inf1d3L0Mn1a's Significant Otter

Sparkly Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ars gratia artis.
User Image

Yeah, the 1963 series and up, I think until the fourth Doctor, is a bit dicey to find. I was able to watch the entire first season on 1channel, but after that, it's luck of the draw which ones of the real episodes you can find. A lot of them are just sound files with still photos strung together. sad

I hope they keep it going. And that the 12th Doctor is a woman, just because it would be hilarious to see the Doctor's initial reaction to coming back female.. "I have... breasts. That's new!"

All things in time are made equal.
Nyxsirisa
Ars gratia artis.
User Image

Yeah, the 1963 series and up, I think until the fourth Doctor, is a bit dicey to find. I was able to watch the entire first season on 1channel, but after that, it's luck of the draw which ones of the real episodes you can find. A lot of them are just sound files with still photos strung together. sad

I hope they keep it going. And that the 12th Doctor is a woman, just because it would be hilarious to see the Doctor's initial reaction to coming back female.. "I have... breasts. That's new!"

All things in time are made equal.

The Doctor as a woman? That's what the Curse of the Fatal Death is for.

Dangerous Loiterer

Is it just me who really doesn't want to see a female Doctor?
Caerthakatha

Nope. I really don't want to see one either. The way it is is just fine.

Dangerous Loiterer

RoseTyler05
Caerthakatha

Nope. I really don't want to see one either. The way it is is just fine.
The idea of Time Lords being at constant risk of changing genders raises more questions about Gallifreyan society than it answers. People've tended to run with the idea that, for whatever reason – the curse of the Pythia, bad luck et cetera – that female Time Lords were far less numerous than the males; we've only seen a handful of Gallifreyan women in the programme, novels and radio plays, and the imbalance is extremely clear: there appears to be a 4:1 ratio at least for males to females. How many of the females used to be males? Is the ratio of born females to born males even more unequal? Do most females eventually become males? It doesn't add up that all but one or two Time Lords should be male when now it's come out that they can change genders. This kind of revisionism is the reason Moffat is beginning to ruin the programme for me. It's kind of pandering to the people who are quick to brand it 'sexist' if there isn't a female Doctor, and in some cases it just goes against what was already established in the1970s.
Guys! OMG, guys! I got to hold a BFG at the last con I went to. rofl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff