Second (Patrick Troughton) 0.035947712418301 3.6% [ 11 ]
Third (Jon Pertwee) 0.081699346405229 8.2% [ 25 ]
Fourth (Tom Baker) 0.38235294117647 38.2% [ 117 ]
Fifth (Peter Davison) 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 36 ]
Sixth (Colin Baker) 0.052287581699346 5.2% [ 16 ]
Seventh (Sylvester McCoy) 0.068627450980392 6.9% [ 21 ]
Eighth (Paul McGann) 0.15686274509804 15.7% [ 48 ]
Total Votes:[ 306 ]

I don't like her because Rose was is alot better, no reasons. Just is.

I haven't liked Martha since the first time I saw her.....hair it looks too futuristic for Doctor Who xd

9,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Can I request that in the future (it's a bit too late for today) there be spoiler tags for 24 hours after an episode. I've been doing read read read fastscandown read read. Here in the US it takes us a few for the episodes to be uploaded so we can download them to watch. smile
Takaho

I think that pretty much sums up my feelings, really. I mean, she's just NOT different enough! Rose is Rose. And Martha, though written very similarly a lot of the time, just... isn't Rose. And Rose PWNS.

Hygienic Guildsman

This latest episode wasn't that bad! Which was good, since the last three, along with the 12th season serial Revenge of the Cybermen, were possibly the WORST episodes in Doctor Who history.

MILD SPOILERS BELOW, FYI

It was very Impossible Planet/Satan Pit, and also very Firefly, which annoyed me because I want them to do something ORIGINAL for once. But the living sun thing was very cool, and Martha getting trapped in the capsule was absolutely hilarious. Oh, and MORE CLINGING! Clinging like it's 1966, W00T~! I mean, between Martha and that one dude. : D
I feel like it would have been better if it'd been a two-parter. It would have taken it out of real-time, but as it was, the characters were getting killed off too quickly so I found myself not caring about ANY of them, and there wasn't enough time to develop the plot.
But it was a cool idea, and it was executed reasonably well, though I thought the Doctor writhing about for fifteen minutes was pretty silly as well, haha.

Hygienic Guildsman

ogs-chan
Takaho

I think that pretty much sums up my feelings, really. I mean, she's just NOT different enough! Rose is Rose. And Martha, though written very similarly a lot of the time, just... isn't Rose. And Rose PWNS.
Ehhhh, I gotta say, I despised Rose for a multitude of reasons. She was okay at first, but by the end of it I just despised absolutely everything about her. The sight of her on the screen made me cringe.

I really wanted to like Martha, but so far she's turning out to be a carbon-copy of Rose. Not cool.

9,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Muskratio
This latest episode wasn't that bad! Which was good, since the last three, along with the 12th season serial Revenge of the Cybermen, were possibly the WORST episodes in Doctor Who history.

MILD SPOILERS BELOW, FYI

It was very Impossible Planet/Satan Pit, and also very Firefly, which annoyed me because I want them to do something ORIGINAL for once. But the living sun thing was very cool, and Martha getting trapped in the capsule was absolutely hilarious. Oh, and MORE CLINGING! Clinging like it's 1966, W00T~! I mean, between Martha and that one dude. : D
I feel like it would have been better if it'd been a two-parter. It would have taken it out of real-time, but as it was, the characters were getting killed off too quickly so I found myself not caring about ANY of them, and there wasn't enough time to develop the plot.
But it was a cool idea, and it was executed reasonably well, though I thought the Doctor writhing about for fifteen minutes was pretty silly as well, haha.

Thanks for the spoiler. smile Now that I've actually gotten to watch the damned thing, I have to agree with you. It felt very rushed, and I didn't really care about anyone. Even when the Doctor got all infected, I had a general feeling of "Meh. He'll get out of it". It seemed to be trying to be Satan Pit-y, but ended up failing miserably.

Magical Duck

Muskratio

MILD SPOILERS BELOW, FYI

i have to agree i felt the same way with that ep
ogs-chan
That really, really annoyed me. I think my exact words were "why does everyone flirt with Martha!? Flirt with him, he's much more handsome" just to be told that "yeah, but... he's a guy" so, what does that make Jack, precisely? Who kissed the Doctor? ninja
I really don't like Martha. And I don't know why. She definitely flirted with Shakespeare though. I wish I knew why it is I don't like her! Except how STUPID she is when she's advertised as "smart"...

Um, bisexual? rolleyes
I don't like Martha because I don't think that Freema is that good an actress, but I think the basic character is a good one.

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
Muskratio
But the living sun thing was very cool, and Martha getting trapped in the capsule was absolutely hilarious.

I thought the "living sun" thing was kinda lame. D: The countdown on the episode was torture, too, because it kept reminding me how much more I had to sit through.

I didn't really like this episode much at all. I am getting more and more frustrated with this season. Ugh. I am cautiously hopeful about the scarecrow one. It looks like it could be very good, but I don't want to raise my hopes too high.

And I still need to finish watching Power of the Daleks, but I'm finding the lack of the First Doctor pretty depressing still, plus the fact that this entire season is almost all recons... eh. Just don't feel as motivated to watch.

*complain complain complain*

Ok sorry for that. xd I'm just not in a great mood today.

Gracious Citizen

I agree with Musk. That episode was very alike to Impossible Planet and Satan Pit. The Doctor is kind of taking Martha to the same type of places as he did with Rose, although they only boarded the ship because of the Distress Call, meaning it is the writers who are being repetitive. Just like Rose went to see Charles Dickens and Martha went to see Shakespeare. Similarities, yes.

Hygienic Guildsman

Raevyn_Angel
Muskratio

MILD SPOILERS BELOW, FYI

Thanks for the spoiler. smile Now that I've actually gotten to watch the damned thing, I have to agree with you. It felt very rushed, and I didn't really care about anyone. Even when the Doctor got all infected, I had a general feeling of "Meh. He'll get out of it". It seemed to be trying to be Satan Pit-y, but ended up failing miserably.
Sorry! I was too lazy to put it in white, but at least I put a warning. XD
That's why I hate any sort of previews, or interviews, or anything. We already KNOW he was going to get out of it, because we've seen him in previews. And we know he's signed on for a third season, so we know he's not gonna die until then, at least. It would be much cooler if we were never sure, cuz the interesting thing is that the Doctor CAN die. D:

Hygienic Guildsman

[Swift]
Muskratio
But the living sun thing was very cool, and Martha getting trapped in the capsule was absolutely hilarious.

I thought the "living sun" thing was kinda lame. D: The countdown on the episode was torture, too, because it kept reminding me how much more I had to sit through.

I didn't really like this episode much at all. I am getting more and more frustrated with this season. Ugh. I am cautiously hopeful about the scarecrow one. It looks like it could be very good, but I don't want to raise my hopes too high.

And I still need to finish watching Power of the Daleks, but I'm finding the lack of the First Doctor pretty depressing still, plus the fact that this entire season is almost all recons... eh. Just don't feel as motivated to watch.

*complain complain complain*

Ok sorry for that. xd I'm just not in a great mood today.
Hmmm... I liked it, because it's a break from the norm of "animal-monsters are coming to get us OMG noooo!" And because it's a reasonably unique idea. I mean, it wasn't something I loved, but compared to the last several episodes... XD At least there was a noticable lack of glaring plot holes!

I'm cautiously hopeful about Blink, cuz it's supposed to be the scary episode of the season, and those are always my favorites. On the other hand, it's the "DOctor-lite" episode, and the last one was utter s**t. XP

Haha, just skip those two seasons, watch season 6, and then go back! XD Or not. I tend not to care at all about watching in order. I watched all of the second Doctor's stuff in a pretty random order. XD
But the second Doctor is awesome!! You'll see. : D

Hygienic Guildsman

woolie
I agree with Musk. That episode was very alike to Impossible Planet and Satan Pit. The Doctor is kind of taking Martha to the same type of places as he did with Rose, although they only boarded the ship because of the Distress Call, meaning it is the writers who are being repetitive. Just like Rose went to see Charles Dickens and Martha went to see Shakespeare. Similarities, yes.
I don't think the Dickens and Shakespeare episodes were very similar. The only REAL similarity was that they both went into the past and met someone who is now famous. But that happens a lot throughout the series. And the Doctor has answered quite a few distress calls in his day. XD
The Doctor did take her to New Earth, though, which was laaaaaaame.

Gracious Citizen

BUT they are similarities! He takes both to see famous writers! Another I did not think of, he takes them both to new Earth. It is not the Doctors fault though! It is the crummy writers faults.
The ninth doctor is the best!
They just started the series of the ninth
doctor over again on WMFE
Thursdays are new episodes they start at 10
Saturdays are recaps of thursday they start at 10
The Ninth doctor is funny and isn't creepy looking
like the others

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash