Welcome to Gaia! ::

Party Member

User Image

oooh this was a creepy episode eek
butomgtidyTARDISeeeee User Image

we never found out what the Boneless' intent was.... were they good or bad?

Party Member

User Image

i wish we could have heard the tiny!TARDIS materialize

veeeeep! weeeep!

Kin Bibliophile

So I wasn't the only one who thought of Flatlands, haha. Also, Addams Family.

Tiny TARDIS sounds...that would have been absolutely adorable. XD

Here's to hoping the whole Boneless ordeal was still somehow a misunderstanding?
Kinny Fear
User Image

oooh this was a creepy episode eek
butomgtidyTARDISeeeee User Image

we never found out what the Boneless' intent was.... were they good or bad?

From the Doctor's speech before he banished them back to their own dimension, he indicated very strongly that they were bad. . .

It was a very interesting episode.

Party Member

Kizu-Ato

From the Doctor's speech before he banished them back to their own dimension, he indicated very strongly that they were bad. . .

User Image

but the theme this year is the ambiguity of whether the doctor is a "good" man....

Anxious Vampire

Kinny Fear
Kizu-Ato

User Image

but the theme this year is the ambiguity of whether the doctor is a "good" man....

you could even consider the theme's question of him being a good man based on what species' moral principles.
        is he a good man based on humanity's principles? a time lord's principles? the boneless' principles?
        the idea of what is good and bad depends entirely on what side of the equation you're on, and for all we know, the boneless could possibly have had relatively decent intentions in their own eyes.
        but since the episode ended without us really establishing a clear form of communication with them that allowed us to understand entirely what the heck they even wanted, we're sort of left in the dark about that in a way. we pretty much have to rely on the doctor's judgement that they were up to no good, because despite being an alien with a heinously long life span, a lot of his basic moral principles line up with ours ( humans ) and he speaks in a language we can understand.

tl;dr: i'm glad this episode was a lot more interesting than the last few we've had, because good lord almighty.

Space Werewolf

Best special-effects-as-monsters in a while, even though (possibly because) the first appearances of the Boneless were basically the "smudge" tool in Photoshop.

The writer's posted a few follow-ups on his two episodes.

Party Member

Wildervast
Best special-effects-as-monsters in a while, even though (possibly because) the first appearances of the Boneless were basically the "smudge" tool in Photoshop.

The writer's posted a few follow-ups on his two episodes.
User Image

agreed. it was both horrifying and beautiful. surprised

Eternal Demigod

I say bad, they sure as hell didn't seem friendly!! scream

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
It seems they reached a conclusion by the end of the episode that the Boneless were indeed malevolent.

This was my favorite episode this season so far. This writer is great, and I hope he contributes a lot more, but he said even writing these two episodes was difficult on him.

Blessed Survivor

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
In my perspective, the Boneless are creepy and ruthless.

Fluffy Star

I really liked this episode, even though it was yet again a rather creepy one. Not that I don't like creepy episodes (it's spooky October after all) but it seems that this season we're getting a lot of them and it's starting to annoy me a tiny bit. I miss those episodes where in the beginning everything seems happy and dandy and then the scary stuff comes creeping up somewhere out of the blue. I watched one of the 9th doctor episodes two days ago and in comparison to it, the new episodes are too apparent with their spooky stuff (so many of the major plot points in this episode were way obvious in my taste).

Still, I really liked this episode, especially the design of the flat beings. It is a simple but really effective effect and I really liked how they manifested the victims in wall murals.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff