Welcome to Gaia! ::

I wasn't originally a fan of Eccleston. It took a re-watch of the entire series reboot to appreciate him. This probably was because I didn't start from season 1 when I first came to Who.

Eccleston's Doctor certainly has an acquired taste, but well worth it.

Hallowed Healer

17,675 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
MyWeirdNormal
He's my favorite and my first doctor, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only Whovian who's sort of in love with his doctor? Do people just not like Eccleston? Or is it that they like the other Doctor's more?
I just thought the 9th doctor was really sassy and I loved how he's go all serious and you'd get rally worried and then he'd suddenly get really upbeat and happy. I know the other doctor's after him also do the same, but I just like how he does it the most! And I loved his relationship with Rose even though she isn't my absolute favorite companion.
I really wish Eccleston could've had another season. And I really wish he could've had a better experience on the Doctor Who set- because apparently he felt left out. Am I really the only person who feels this way?

I love Eccleston. Tennant is MY doctor, but Eccleston did have that intensity that really, really made me upset that he was not the War Doctor. He'd have been brilliant as the bridge between the old Doctors and the new. I'm not happy with that whole 'War Doctor' insertion. That whole thing was lame, if you ask me. And Eccleston did the fans a disservice by not being part of the 50th. He wasn't my first Doctor - my dad introduced me years before to all the old guys. But he is my second favourite Doctor.

Eccleston's Doctor had the guilt. He played the 'running away from myself' "trying to redeem myself" vibe perfectly. The truly haunted essence of a soldier who had to do horrific things for which he will never forget or forgive himself. I can understand that - I've met real people like that.

Tennant's Doctor says to Rose as he leaves her behind in Journey's End: 'That's me when you first met me, full of blood and anger. You made me better." That's not referring to Tennant's Doctor; that's Eccleston's Doctor he's talking about. There is a recognition of him that I love.

Angelic Hunter

8,650 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Never skip Eccleston's season.
Ever.
He's got to be my favorite doctor because such sass, man heart
Although Smith was my first Doctor and I fawn over Tennant, Eccleston's Doctor will always be my absolute favorite.

Adventuring Newb

18,225 Points
  • 20000 High Score 500
  • Team Josie 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
TranquilAwakening
MyWeirdNormal
I think the reason he didn't do another season was because he didn't like the environment on the Doctor Who set or something. At least I think I remember reading something like that. I think that's also why he wasn't in the 50th Anniversary episode. Which really sucks.

I was sad to see him go.
          I re watched nine a few weeks ago. emotion_bigheart
          he is my fav and Tennant is in a close second
          emotion_dowant

I really missed him in the 50th Anniversary episode too!
Nine doesn't get enough love tbh. He's such a well written Doctor, idk why there aren't more people that like him

Dapper Noob

6,225 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
Eccleston is my favorite heart heart

Thirteenth Bilge rat

29,025 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image
Eccleston was best doctor.

Shirtless Tycoon

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Josie 25
9 was my favorite. But he didn't have very much screen time. Also he didn't have a great relationship with the show runners. I wish he had come back for the 50th anniversary.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He's an okay doctor to me personally but just find a Doctor in a leather jacket and jeans not very Doctor-y imo cat_sweatdrop

Fashionable Capitalist

xSahri

He's an okay doctor to me personally but just find a Doctor in a leather jacket and jeans not very Doctor-y imo cat_sweatdrop

Oh my God, the leather jacket and jeans was the best part. Made him seem so much cooler and less boring. All the others wore suits. And they look nice and all, but the 9th doctor had a much better clothing style.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
MyWeirdNormal
xSahri

Oh my God, the leather jacket and jeans was the best part. Made him seem so much cooler and less boring. All the others wore suits. And they look nice and all, but the 9th doctor had a much better clothing style.

I think it all boils down to the viewer's personal taste of clothing whom they like best :3

Beloved Giver

28,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
MyWeirdNormal

I absolutely love Eccleston. If any person actually were the Doctor, it would definitely be him.
Like, The Doctor played Eccleston playing the Doctor! =)
Wouldn't that be epic?

Dapper WolfMan 's Husbando

Friendly Healer

15,615 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Flatterer 200
TEAM DOCTOR 9
UNITE!

Ruthless Lunatic

Eccleston was my first Doctor, and he is in a three-way tie for my favorite Doctor along with the War Doctor (John Hurt could not have been one bit more absolutely perfect for that role heart ) and the Eighth Doctor. Although honestly, picking a favorite Doctor is about like a mother picking which of their children is their favorite. rofl
Case in point...the more I see of Twelve, the more I love him. But then again, I think Capaldi is an amazing actor, and hot as ******** to boot. I like 'em older; don't judge me dammit. razz
TranquilAwakening

I wish they had let him do another season.
          Dx

its not that they wont let him do another season, he didnt WANT to do another season
from what I hear he was slotted to do at least two then half way through filming season one he was like "oh yeah by the way im not doing another one"
then that was that, he doesnt want to do a second season and quite honeslty I dont blame him even though he is my favorite doctor ever.

you see doctor who is sort of a career killer, yes it will make you big but people tend to forget your other work
for example tom baker did ALOT after doctor who but people usually only remember him as being the doctor, totally discounting his other works all together.

so its not really a bad thing he left pre maturely. but damn if I wish he didn't I LOVED him
the way he pronounced Tardis was amazing

and his synergy with rose was amazing.
also hes the only doctor besides matt smith that made me cry during his two part regen speech, the hologram he left rose when he sent her home, then the one he made to her face, my god i dont cry much and that made me bawl my eyes out

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff