Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Capitalist

He's my favorite and my first doctor, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only Whovian who's sort of in love with his doctor? Do people just not like Eccleston? Or is it that they like the other Doctor's more?
I just thought the 9th doctor was really sassy and I loved how he's go all serious and you'd get rally worried and then he'd suddenly get really upbeat and happy. I know the other doctor's after him also do the same, but I just like how he does it the most! And I loved his relationship with Rose even though she isn't my absolute favorite companion.
I really wish Eccleston could've had another season. And I really wish he could've had a better experience on the Doctor Who set- because apparently he felt left out. Am I really the only person who feels this way?

Lonely Fatcat

7,750 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Generous 100
  • Bookworm 100

I LOVE CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON HE'S MY FAVE.

emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

Blessed Survivor

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
You're not alone about loving Eccleston, I'm in that team

Fashionable Explorer

10,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • That One Hero 500
i also liked him, and yea i also agree with da OP dat he could've at least had more seasons b4 he regenerated it D: like David and Matt they both had 3 seasons each, and Chris only had 1 season neutral

Invisible Genius

9,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Junior 100

I wish they had let him do another season.
          Dx

Fashionable Capitalist

I think the reason he didn't do another season was because he didn't like the environment on the Doctor Who set or something. At least I think I remember reading something like that. I think that's also why he wasn't in the 50th Anniversary episode. Which really sucks.

Quotes:

TranquilAwakening

Dark Midnight Whisperer

agirlandherbluebox

emmysailorstar

People prefer Tennant and Smith because they're ~pretty~.

Fashionable Capitalist

But Eccleston is pretty too....

Quotes:

Hearts_Are_Cold

Excaliber002's Queen

Sparkly Hoarder

I LOVED Eccleston, I have a very tender place in my hear for 9. In fact, it's probably one of the seasons that I rewatch the most. He was also my first doctor so there's that too! It truly was a shame that he declined to do more then one season and to be further associated with it, however I have heard that every time a fan approaches him he is always extremely kind to them and happy to discuss the show.
Strangely, I do feel like a lot of his "haters" (I don't think anyone really HATES any one Doctor, but we all do rank them!) are those who started with Smith and couldn't quite get behind Eccleston because of the drastic difference in character. (Also, I do not exactly blame them for not wanting to watch his season merely on the grounds of the low-budget effects, lol. Ooooh were they fantastic!)
While Tennant will always be "my doctor" (because HELLO, have you SEEN him!?!?) 9 is always my second favorite doctor. Who doesn't love that sass??

Fashionable Capitalist

I don't know about Tennant, I thought he pretty cool but then I was also sort of disappointed with him during that one episode where he thought he could try to rewrite history and saved that space woman. I mean, I totally love him as an actor it's just his character that I didn't really love. I like Smith more than Tennant, I just loved how cute and excitable he was, but I've always loved Eccleston the most. I think it's just the sass.

Quotes:

Koneko Tsukino

MyWeirdNormal

He's not a hip young twenty-something looking actor, so the girlies aren't wetting themselves over him.

I agree, I find him attractive myself.

But the majority of the teenage girls watching the show don't care if he's not pretty like the other two.

Hesitant Mystic

Eccleston really personified the doctor. Whilst he isn't my favorite (which is the War doctor if you can believe it) I felt that he summed up the tempest that is the doctor beautifully. He would go from calm, cheeky explorer to defiant, raging avenger the next.

Excaliber002's Queen

Sparkly Hoarder

Jenko The Red
Eccleston really personified the doctor. Whilst he isn't my favorite (which is the War doctor if you can believe it) I felt that he summed up the tempest that is the doctor beautifully. He would go from calm, cheeky explorer to defiant, raging avenger the next.
I love that description of him!!! It's so true!

Invisible Genius

9,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Junior 100
MyWeirdNormal
I think the reason he didn't do another season was because he didn't like the environment on the Doctor Who set or something. At least I think I remember reading something like that. I think that's also why he wasn't in the 50th Anniversary episode. Which really sucks.

I was sad to see him go.
          I re watched nine a few weeks ago. emotion_bigheart
          he is my fav and Tennant is in a close second
          emotion_dowant

Noble Traveler

Man, if you think you're alone, you need to get on Tumblr.
Honestly, I loved Eccleston when I started, but I think that's mostly because I didn't have much of a point of reference. It took me like 3 episodes to decide that I liked Tennant better. But I think more than anything, I liked Nine as a Doctor, I just didn't like Eccleston. He didn't want to play the role very much and after that season he left of his own accord, despite them wanting to keep him. And I think that really shows through in his portrayal of the character- which is quite sad. With Tennant and Smith, you could tell that they really loved playing the Doctor and were super sad to leave, which made watching them leave heartbreaking, as well as watching them play the character very entrancing.
But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces