Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

I want a new multiple Doctor special just so I can see them as a duo. Imagine it.
Tennant had a better sense of humor plus he was more... media knowledgeable he made references so other media all the time.

5,700 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Xiam
Burning Typhoon
I'll say Matt Smith is better. I don't know why i can't decide. . . i got it! Because they're both really good doctors. :/

They are. But I think Matt Smith handles the Doctor's age much better.
Matt Smith acts like a 5-year-old on the show, and the Doctor is 900, so I can't say I like the age portrayal. Tennant will be my favorite forever, but Smith has grown on me since I first saw him...
Aiko_Hun4
He has this type of face that I could so totally not say no too lol.

I know right. rose is so lucky she has her own. heart heart heart heart crying exclaim heart

We should clone him exclaim ninja

Having a doctor traveling with him would be awesome!

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
gazoomeli
Xiam
Burning Typhoon
I'll say Matt Smith is better. I don't know why i can't decide. . . i got it! Because they're both really good doctors. :/

Matt Smith acts like a 5-year-old on the show, and the Doctor is 900, so I can't say I like the age portrayal. Tennant will be my favorite forever, but Smith has grown on me since I first saw him...

The thing is, though... with Tennant, he says he's 903, and you go "Ohoho, that's funny because he doesn't look it!" With Smith, he says he's old, and you think "Ohoho, that's funny because he's - oh wait, there it is." Yeah, when he's excited, he looks completely like a 5-year-old. But when all the darkness comes creeping in, he's believably old.

He goes back and forth. The Doctor has always been childish, that's part of his character. But sometimes Eleven gets worried, or weary, or frustrated, or the weight of the world gets on his shoulders, and you can see it in his expression. You see the age getting to him, and shadows of that cranky old man we met in the junkyard on Totter's Lane.

I will always objectively say that there is no bad Doctor, and I have no favorite. But when I look at it subjectively... yeah, I prefer Smith more than Tennant. But maybe that's because I'm sick of people who keep going "10 is da best 4eva!"

I guess we'll never know.
My heart will always be for David Tennant, but Matt Smith has grown on me.

Their portrayals of the Doctor are completely different. But it works. Every cell in his body changes.

The Doctor will always be a strange guy. The age would do that to anyone.So of course Tennants version of the Doctor would be a strange guy. and i loved how he portrayed The Doctor. but with all he went threw in those seasons messed with him. So Matt Smiths portrayal of the Doctor fits this. Everything that happened in Tennants seasons of the doctor screwed him up in a way, and it manifests itself in an extremely strange personality of the 11th. Like everything that happened made him go crazy and the regeneration into the 11th cemented this.

5,700 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Xiam
gazoomeli
Xiam
Burning Typhoon

The thing is, though... with Tennant, he says he's 903, and you go "Ohoho, that's funny because he doesn't look it!" With Smith, he says he's old, and you think "Ohoho, that's funny because he's - oh wait, there it is." Yeah, when he's excited, he looks completely like a 5-year-old. But when all the darkness comes creeping in, he's believably old.

He goes back and forth. The Doctor has always been childish, that's part of his character. But sometimes Eleven gets worried, or weary, or frustrated, or the weight of the world gets on his shoulders, and you can see it in his expression. You see the age getting to him, and shadows of that cranky old man we met in the junkyard on Totter's Lane.

I will always objectively say that there is no bad Doctor, and I have no favorite. But when I look at it subjectively... yeah, I prefer Smith more than Tennant. But maybe that's because I'm sick of people who keep going "10 is da best 4eva!"

I guess we'll never know.
okay, I did appear like one of the crazy fangirls when I said "Tennant will be my favorite forever," and you are right about the frustration 11 shows, but Smith doesn't look that old. I love how Tennant is all sad at the end of "The Girl In the Fireplace," but when Rose asks him if he's all right, he says he's always all right with a painful smile. Smith is always this nonsensical child who only has his surface scratched under the most intense situations, and isn't often sad, and I love that 3nodding don't get me wrong, he's an amazing actor.
Two things about tennant
1. I heard a rumor of his return.
2. River song says at one point she would look into the eyes of the doctor she knew best but he would have no idea who she was and it would kill her and the first time he met her he was tennant and he had no idea who she was and she died.

Irregular Abductee

I'd say Tennant for THIS Reason!!!

User Image

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
gazoomeli
okay, I did appear like one of the crazy fangirls when I said "Tennant will be my favorite forever," and you are right about the frustration 11 shows, but Smith doesn't look that old. I love how Tennant is all sad at the end of "The Girl In the Fireplace," but when Rose asks him if he's all right, he says he's always all right with a painful smile. Smith is always this nonsensical child who only has his surface scratched under the most intense situations, and isn't often sad, and I love that 3nodding don't get me wrong, he's an amazing actor.

Smith isn't always a nonsensical child. There have been times when he has shown some really good wisdom, and I really wish I had the entirety of Series 5 and 6 laid out in front of me at the moment, so I could show you particular scenes where you can just see the age on his face.

You're right though, many things which Ten brooded over (to, quite frankly, an annoyingly common degree) don't quite bother Eleven. The Time Lords, for example. And Rose, thankfully. Though this is mostly a matter of writing, as even in Nine and Ten's episodes written by Moffat, the Doctor wasn't very mopey.

But then there are times when he is absolutely serious, periods when someone is in trouble, perhaps even someone he cares about, and he will get serious to a fault. Perhaps even dangerously so, if it's the right trigger.

I still say Eleven's first full episode best set up his character thus:

For all his childish excitement, you do not ******** with this guy.

shadowknight607
Two things about tennant
2. River song says at one point she would look into the eyes of the doctor she knew best but he would have no idea who she was and it would kill her and the first time he met her he was tennant and he had no idea who she was and she died.

1. Every anniversary ending with a 0 (except the 40th anniversary in '03, and the 30th anniversary which was very likely not canon, especially as it made no sense) has featured multiple Doctors in a story. Though there were also The Two Doctors and Time Crash which were not anniversary specials, but still featured multiple Doctors. Tennant is a big fan of the show, so yes, he will most likely appear for the 50th Anniversary next year.
2. Um, right, I think we all got that one.

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Lady Nabiki
User Image
I honestly love both of them. heart
both are awsome but I like David anTom Baker slightly better
Xiam
gazoomeli

Smith isn't always a nonsensical child. There have been times when he has shown some really good wisdom, and I really wish I had the entirety of Series 5 and 6 laid out in front of me at the moment, so I could show you particular scenes where you can just see the age on his face.

You're right though, many things which Ten brooded over (to, quite frankly, an annoyingly common degree) don't quite bother Eleven. The Time Lords, for example. And Rose, thankfully. Though this is mostly a matter of writing, as even in Nine and Ten's episodes written by Moffat, the Doctor wasn't very mopey.

But then there are times when he is absolutely serious, periods when someone is in trouble, perhaps even someone he cares about, and he will get serious to a fault. Perhaps even dangerously so, if it's the right trigger.

I still say Eleven's first full episode best set up his character thus:

For all his childish excitement, you do not ******** with this guy.

shadowknight607
Two things about tennant

1. Every anniversary ending with a 0 (except the 40th anniversary in '03, and the 30th anniversary which was very likely not canon, especially as it made no sense) has featured multiple Doctors in a story. Though there were also The Two Doctors and Time Crash which were not anniversary specials, but still featured multiple Doctors. Tennant is a big fan of the show, so yes, he will most likely appear for the 50th Anniversary next year.
2. Um, right, I think we all got that one.

Yes but the way it was stated was that the doctor she knew best was played by tennant that's why it sounds like she's used to the tenth so.... who knows.

Shirtless Ladykiller

8,950 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'd definitely have to say Matt is my favorite out of the two because he's so different from the other Doctors, even the ones from '63 and up. He's so crazy that it's funny and David Tennant will always be the most missed, but he left the show so that he would be loved when he left instead of more of an annoyance. I don't think that left much room for love for Matt Smith.

Friendly Stalker

I miss the 10th. The 11th is cool, but there is just something about him that I don't like.

I'm not saying the actors are bad, they are both equally amazing. But as far as the difference in personality between these regenerations go, I like the 10th better. I honestly can't explain why, though we all have to learn to like each individual regeneration for what they bring, right?
In my opinion, David was definetly my favorite Doctor, Matt Smith's forehead is too big. Did you ever stop to stare at it? WTF!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff