Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Shapeshifter

10,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
it probably would have been sadder if i hadnt known it was coming. seriously why do they tell us this stuff before hand? it totally ruins it
JediKitteh
it probably would have been sadder if i hadnt known it was coming.

Something like that happened with the Fifth Doctor story "Earthshock". From what I've read, viewers didn't know in advance that Adric would be leaving, much less that he was going to be killed off. That, plus the fact that no regular character had been killed off before, was what gave the final scenes with the exploding freighter so much impact.
Absolutely true! Not an inkling had been given that Adric was going to die, and I still remember thinking "he's going to get out of this, surely". Until the ship blew up and you realised that no, he wasn't going to be ok. Complete game changer in the whoniverse.

Timid Shapeshifter

10,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Clare_N

Something like that happened with the Fifth Doctor story "Earthshock". From what I've read, viewers didn't know in advance that Adric would be leaving, much less that he was going to be killed off. That, plus the fact that no regular character had been killed off before, was what gave the final scenes with the exploding freighter so much impact.

exactly...i dont know why they leaked so much plot. it kind of ruined it

Celestial Spirit

Dread Phrank
Absolutely true! Not an inkling had been given that Adric was going to die, and I still remember thinking "he's going to get out of this, surely". Until the ship blew up and you realised that no, he wasn't going to be ok. Complete game changer in the whoniverse.

Same here. Of course, the internet wasn't around to spoil things back then...
Damn, I sound old. sweatdrop

Beloved Lunatic

14,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Loiterer 100
I think this is close to how i am still feeling from that ep
User Image

Invisible Hunter

Was extremely excited to see yet another Weeping Angel episode...
Didn't cry about the Ponds leaving either... More like severely devastated. I'm still trying to get over that shock.
I was devastated! T___T The Ponds were the best companions. <3
But oh my god, the Statue of Liberty as a Weeping Angel! XD I laughed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas