Welcome to Gaia! ::

idk like
okay literally all of my friends who are into doctor who are like "omg ally!! you should totally watch it it'll rip your heart out and set it on fire while constantly making you question the universe"
its like
do i want that??? do i want my heart ripped out? do i want to question the universe? i mean im in a ton of other fandoms that make me do that so
watch it boo

Dedicated Hunter

All other fandoms quiver at the feet of the doctor who fandom! So yeah watch it

Ice-Cold Pyromaniac

This is the board where we all say "Go and watch it!" so you might as well hop the bandwagon and go watch it.

Space Werewolf

Sure, watch it.

As for the "it'll rip your heart out, etc." claims: your results may vary.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Sooner or later your curiosity will grab you and torture you. So you may as well... watch it.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Nyadriel
Sooner or later your curiosity will grab you and torture you. So you may as well... watch it.

I am with this person.

I didn't really think much of it, just watched a clip or two when someone linked me to them or I ended up somehow in the Doctor Who side of You Tube and ended up watching the different Doctor who clips that in the end my curiosity basically just told me to stuff it and go watch the full thing, after watching many a clip of David's run as the Doctor so I did and I liked it.

Which was a far cry to when I was a child, couldn't find anything more boring. XD

You should watch it but it never made me question the universe. Like, at all. That's just me though.

Kin Bibliophile

Find the bandwagon and jump on it. You definitely won't regret it. ... Maybe. :3

Fandom Melodies's Husband

Hopeless Romantic

In the words of the 11th Doctor, Mat Smith "The way I see it, every life is a pile of good and bad things. The good don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
In my opinion, definitely worth the heartache

Wild Bibliophile

17,650 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
do you want to experience all there is to life?
if the answer is yes, watch doctor who.
you can't experience it all through doctor who obviously, but there are a lot of messages, emotional context. you know how there are classic books everyone should read once in their life? doctor who is that, but television. i highly recommend it.

Kin Bibliophile

Dragon Scorch 08
In the words of the 11th Doctor, Mat Smith "The way I see it, every life is a pile of good and bad things. The good don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
In my opinion, definitely worth the heartache

User Image

Loyal Loiterer

10,425 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Medalist 100
its a good show to get into but you may want to start from 2005 to see if you can get into the show

Liberal Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
I think this is something you don't need to put too much thought into. Just do it, because let's face it, you know you want to. Asking on Doctor Who forums, everyone is automatically going to say yes, so you might as well just decide for yourself.

But it's a great show, what are you waiting for?! (-;

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
As someone who has only recently gotten into Doctor Who, I can say that you should definitely watch it if your friends think it's something you would like.

I suggest starting with the 9th Doctor, and then after you've watched the new stuff, you can go back and watch the classic stuff if you want.

Also, give it a few episodes before you decide if you like it or not. I watched the first episode with the 9th, and had no idea what all the hub-bub was about. It wasn't bad, exactly, but it wasn't great. But friends told me to give it a few more episodes, so I did, and it was so totally worth it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff