Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE ENDING OF SEASON 6

In my personal opinion, before "The Wedding of River Song", I though River might have been an older/regenerated version of Jenny.

In my personal opinion, I think this would have been cooler. o.o

Like, the Doctor getting married just kind of defeats the whole basis of the show.

What do you think? Am I just daft?
I personally like how River was Rory's and Amy's baby because it gave them more meaning to the story line, it made them special companions. I think it would've been cool if River was Jenny but I prefer the current story line. But you also have to remember, just because The Doctor is married now doesn't mean something won't happen to River in the future....

Newbie Explorer

I think if River was a regeneration of Jenny then it would have been incest since she is a clone of him and is also considered to be his daughter...

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Jambles-chan
I think if River was a regeneration of Jenny then it would have been incest since she is a clone of him and is also considered to be his daughter...

Note I said before I saw Wedding of River Song.

That's disgusting. e___e

xD
xoxTheQueenxox
Jambles-chan

That's disgusting. e___e

xD
She still kissed him before that, in Day of the Moon and Let's Kill Hittler. And in both her appearances in season 5 she called him "my love", which is a weird thing to call your dad.

I agree, I would have preferred her being Jenny to how they did handle her.

I am not a big fan of her romance with the Doctor. Not because I think The Doctor shouldn't have romance, and not because I dislike her. I just think they handle the development of their romance poorly. They never showed their feelings for eachother grow, we were just told they did.

You shouldn't build a romance through exposition, that is just poor writing. The only time that is acceptable is if you are setting up a pre-existing romance.

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Thats The Question
xoxTheQueenxox
Jambles-chan

That's disgusting. e___e

xD
She still kissed him before that, in Day of the Moon and Let's Kill Hittler. And in both her appearances in season 5 she called him "my love", which is a weird thing to call your dad.

I agree, I would have preferred that to how they did handle her.

I am not a big fan of her romance with the Doctor. Not because I think The Doctor shouldn't have romance, and not because I dislike her. I just think they handle the development of their romance poorly. They never showed their feelings for eachother grow, we were just told they did.

You shouldn't build a romance through exposition, that is just poor writing. The only time that is acceptable is if you are setting up a pre-existing romance.

I feel the same exact way. I had no connection between River and the Doctor. It was really strange.
xoxTheQueenxox
Thats The Question
xoxTheQueenxox
Jambles-chan

That's disgusting. e___e

xD

I feel the same exact way. I had no connection between River and the Doctor. It was really strange.
Her character had great potential in Silence in the Library. But I think they rushed her reveal to much. I would have been fine not knowing who she was for another couple seasons, if they had actually developed her romance with him better through out that.

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Thats The Question
xoxTheQueenxox
Thats The Question
xoxTheQueenxox
Jambles-chan

That's disgusting. e___e

xD

Her character had great potential in Silence in the Library. But I think they rushed her reveal to much. I would have been fine not knowing who she was for another couple seasons, if they had actually developed her romance with him better through out that.

EXACTLY!! gonk
xoxTheQueenxox
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE ENDING OF SEASON 6

In my personal opinion, before "The Wedding of River Song", I though River might have been an older/regenerated version of Jenny.

In my personal opinion, I think this would have been cooler. o.o

Like, the Doctor getting married just kind of defeats the whole basis of the show.

What do you think? Am I just daft?

Umm...yes. O_o

Though I do love both characters. <3

Why does The Doctor getting married "defeat the show's purpose?" After all, when you've lived as long as The Doctor has, you're bound to have many loves in your life. So why not get married?
xoxTheQueenxox
I had no connection between River and the Doctor. It was really strange.

See, that's how I feel about The Doctor and Rose. Or at least Ten/Rose. I didn't sense any romance between them at all, except during the Bad Wolf Bay scenes.
x0_FATIMAGIC
xoxTheQueenxox
I had no connection between River and the Doctor. It was really strange.

See, that's how I feel about The Doctor and Rose. Or at least Ten/Rose. I didn't sense any romance between them at all, except during the Bad Wolf Bay scenes.

LOL I agree with this so much. But so many people defend that the 9's feels for ROse got carried over so it still makes perfect sense for them to be into each other. And I mean, I can feel like they were TRYING but yeah, I personally didn't feel it between 10 & Rose at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff