Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profiles

Welcome to the Profile thread, if you wish to stay informed on Profile issues, please subscribe to this thread.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Profile Changes

The recent changes to the profile have broken a number of profiles. I want to apologize for the release of this new code without warning you guys -- I know it's hard, especially on those that offer profile customization services.

Anyway, to remove the new dropdown from your profile, you can go to My Gaia / Account Settings / Profile Theme and add the following piece of code:

.forum_userstatus { display: none; }

Note that positioning might still be wrong on some profiles; to fix this in most cases you can use:

#profile .avatar { position: relative; display: inline; }

Note that there might already be a #profile .avatar override in your customization already; in that case you would just want to add the two new items to it. For example:
#profile .avatar { top: 305px; left: 458px; }

...would change to...
#profile .avatar { position: relative; display: inline; top: 305px; left: 458px;}

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Profile Changes Redux

A little bit late on this, but anyway -- last week we changed the user status display from the old one (bar) to the new one (the dropdown that you see in forums). User reaction was pretty extreme because we broke a lot of profile layouts. In essence, the issues were:

- the positioning mode for the avatar had changed. (On a fair number of layouts, the avatar moved to somewhere else).
- the dropdown bars interfered with the layout that had already been coded.

After looking at this, we've decided to revert back to the old scheme for classic profiles. If you would like the dropdown bar in your classic profile, you can add the code:

.forum_userstatus { display: inline; }

to your customization, and it will display.

Current profiles had changes done, but since the changes did not affect positioning of elements I believe they aren't causing a problem.

In the future, we may make changes or tweaks to the profiles that cause your profiles to break, but as much as possible we'll try to warn you up front and give you some lead time so you can adjust to the new scheme.

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Avatars broken on profiles... fixed!
Avatars (on profiles and other BBCode parts of the site) should work again.
It should be fixed as of yesterday (Monday July 07, 2009). They were broken for over a week.
It was a server-side issue -- we were looking for avatars on the wrong server.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Profiles: General Error

Some of you have been posting in the Bug Reports and Technical Support forum that trying to access your profiles was giving you an error... My bad! sweatdrop

I made some changes to the profile code earlier today and there was a condition I didn't account for that was causing the errors. I've fixed it though so all should be well once again.

As usual if you run into problems continue to post in the Bug Reports & Technical Support forum. Believe it or not we do look at it! smile

Narumi

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
CSS Editor Added to V2 Profile Options

Ever tried to modify the css code on your profile only to be highly annoyed at having to go to a different area of the site to make those changes?

Well no more! I have added the CSS editor that can be found at: http://www.gaiaonline.com/account/theme/ to the Theme panel editor on the profile page. So now you can do all your one stop modifications in one place.

To access the editor first go to your profile and select the Edit Profile link in the upper right of the page.

Next from the editor options panel select Theme and in the window that opens there will be a tab labeled CSS where you may enter in your css code.

Happy editing! biggrin

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Profiles and Comments broken

Some of you may have noticed all your profile comments are gone... I know I did! Other members can't access their profiles at all. We are aware of the problems and looking into it.

Edit

Should now be fixed, as usual if you're having problems please report them in the Bug Reports & Technical Support forum.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff