Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Lionheart

10,225 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Overall it's pretty good. The shop icons are too tiny though and there's too much white background. It'll take some getting used to, but all changes do.
I love the fact that you asked for feedback first and did not just slap it on us heart

Invisible Consumer

9,000 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
      I... I think I'm in love o///o

It's so clean and organized.
      I like how the prices are listed outright so I don't have to click each item to know the price.
      I like how it's organized by price [lowest to highest].

The only thing that could make this better is adding the option to try on more then one item at a time.
      As for Phin Phang, it would be nice if we could move decorations around, possibly try them in our aquarium, and have the option to try more then one item out at a time.

I know, I know, pipe dreams. But you asked for suggestions and I'm giving them!

EDIT : Oh, and add a 'Newest to Oldest' option too?

x.Cypher, The Cake Pirate

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Pilotslover
It's too white ...

I wouldn't be inclined to 'window shop' if I had to sit through so many white pages to get there.

The icons look too small right now but that could just be because this is in a preview.

Unfortunately, when initiated, everything will be even smaller than they appear in this preview. They will be tiny. That and all the white creates a lot of eye-strain and migraines even for a short period of time.

And I do agree that the exchanges should remain IN the shops.

Friendly Member

11,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Dark_Lady_Jade
I DO NOT like what will happen with the 'sell item' feature. I'd much prefer if there was a button that read 'sell item(s)' and when the button was clicked, multiple items couls be sold at one time.
Gods, I hope not. gonk Think what happens if you get your account compromised. It happens. What are you going to do if said hacker goes through and does "sell multiple" items, and flushes out your inventory? And then spends the gold on gold sink stuff, like changing towns names, or converting all your gold to tokens? Then nobody can get your items back. neutral

Golden Guildswoman

17,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pie For All! 300
Dino
Dark_Lady_Jade
I DO NOT like what will happen with the 'sell item' feature. I'd much prefer if there was a button that read 'sell item(s)' and when the button was clicked, multiple items couls be sold at one time.
Gods, I hope not. gonk Think what happens if you get your account compromised. It happens. What are you going to do if said hacker goes through and does "sell multiple" items, and flushes out your inventory? And then spends the gold on gold sink stuff, like changing towns names, or converting all your gold to tokens? Then nobody can get your items back. neutral
And that happens how often?
I'd rather be able to sell multiple items, as I tend to by below-sellback items in the market and sell 'em all at a profit

Formal Elocutionist

That's alot of white. eek
I can see where it's going for a sophisticated look, but in honesty, it looks a bit bland.

I'd just like to mention I really want the sell-back feature that lets you sell more than one item to the shop at a time.
Something else I'd request is a shopping cart. Letting you get every item you want at one time, instead of having to go through the procedure everytime you want something.
Oh, and this would be a good time to put the Back Alley Bargain items back in BAB. razz

Formal Elocutionist

Dino
Dark_Lady_Jade

It happens, but only to naive users whom probably don't have much to sell to shops anyway, seeing as how the stereotypical newer users seem more interested in Cash Items.
moresugarthanspice
Why do you have to change everything? It's too open, too much white space, and the logos are too tiny to me. The only thing I like is that the items appear to be larger. That's it.

Agree.
There is too much white, as others have said, make the icons bigger. I do like the price being shown, and I agree with the idea of being able to preview from behind and with everything unequipped.
I do want selling back from shops put back in though, it's how I do most of my selling personally.

Tiny Shapeshifter

I assume all items will be ordered by price, no matter what tab you're looking at. There should be a "New" tab for those who are looking for latest store updates.

I could see why we must have that spacing between item icons (items price can go up to 6 digits), but do we have to have the same spacing vertically? Maybe, that extra vertical space is there for listing Gold prices in regular goldshops (you better have it so, or else, it's just unnecessary white space). I know regular goldshops have items that can be bought for both GC or Gold.

The shop navigation is rather out of place. Increase the width of the bar all the way to... just above the "All" tab? I believe doing so would also let all NPC shops be fit into one bar, and there's no need for scrolling/arrows when you're looking for specific NPC shops.

I really really really want to keep the sellback feature in the shops. I have a long list of items, and new items I want to sell usually be put on the bottom of the list. We will have to wait for the whole inventory to load (even items house/storage), and scroll all the way down to sell a single item in the inventory (that may not work for some people in all the process). >_>;

Like many people had said, too much white. I wish you could've used Durem Depot as a preview example, since there's bound to be more item tabs (top/bottom/handheld/hat/etc), there's the bug exchange link, and there's also two currencies to view (gc and g).

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
I prefer to sellback through the stores, since the arranger is pretty much useless if you have a large inventory like mine. I really hope that I can sell back from my inventory instead of my arranger. This is my biggest concern, to be honest.

I do think there's too much white space in between items. You could probably fit even more items on a page if you reduced the white space.

Kawaii Shoujo

18,400 Points
  • Hero 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I like how you can see more items!

One thing I don't like is how it's looking less & less like like a shop ^^;; Back in the day it used to look like everything was really on a shelf. That's what made it cool, imo

7,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Friendly 100

Everything is much more spaced out and I don't like it. Don't repeat the inbox mistake you guys made--I like the proximity of the icons to one another like they are at the moment in shops.

TOO MUCH WHITE.

Sparkly Pants

8,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Could we have a 'back to town' button like in the old days (a link back to the maps). Pleeeeeeeease? -makes huge cute eyes-

Hilarious Millionaire

9,375 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Looks interesting and matches the new avatar pages in a way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff