Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
actually... What i would like to see is the ability to change which layer you want your clothes to be... like a scarf above your t-shirt but underneath another coat... etc =]

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

11,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Yay ~ thanks for the eye updates ~ <3
pirula
This thread is to get your input on Shops & Dress-up page updates, and let you know about the changes we make in response.

Latest Release:
- automatic preview
- single item preview toggle
- change your eyes
- teal tab in Salon
- automatic update to hair/eyes (do not have to save avatar)
- 'wear it' link after you buy an equippable item
- have the sort option stay once you choose it (if you choose 'show newest' then it will always show newest until you change it)

what we are working on now:
- save outfits for your avatar
- Background colors, logo & NPC updates for skin tyte, Barton Flowershoppe, and Sam's Body & Parts
- a couple of new shops..... (some same items, new shops/NPCs....)

previous updates & features delivered:
- Storefronts: The idea for this feature initially came out of some of your feedback about it feel more "shop-ey"
- trash button to get rid of the stuff you can't sell back! user-suggested
- Shop UI update: background colors + NPC art & dialogue user-suggested
- organizing shop items user-suggested
- link to sell on the market from your inventory user-suggested

Top User Sugggestions We are wrapping up the work on shops so that we can move on to forums and other features. Thanks for all your ideas! There are a few things still on the list that we will try to squeeze in when there is time.

- preview skin
- preview back
- try on more than one item at a time
- sort by color
- search
- Make Skin Tyte look more like the manga

other good ideas that are too hard for now
- sell back/trash more than one item at a time
- shopping cart (buy more than one item at a time)
- put cash shop in the same template as other shops (decided not to do this, because some people like cash shop the way it is)
- sell male & female items (do not limit to avatar gender - include strong warnings though)
- some kind of inventory security feature to protect from hacking (export item list?)
- Click a mannequin to see what they are wearing
- make it so that you can chat with friends and shop together.... maybe someday in the distant future.....
- storefronts for bank & marketplace

i like all that.but one thing that shold come to mind is some of the gaias almost explode becuz of the things that they want the cant get becuz 50,000 more gold and its just a little tiny thing. u dont have to but its a good idea to lower prices cuz they dont cheat at all.

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Love the new previews, the teal tab, and how can I express my glee re the buyable eyes? It must feel awesome to have worked on a project that 99.999999% of Gaians love. wink Can't wait for the save outfits thing, that's another one that'll have 'em worshipping you. ninja

Quote:
-have the sort option stay once you choose it (if you choose 'show newest' then it will always show newest until you change it)

There seems to be a tiny bug re this option, though. It works great when you change shops, I love it. But it doesn't work when you switch tabs within a shop, unfortunately. You click a tab, it loads those items in "Price (Ascending)" order, no matter which sort option you have selected. I've tried it with several browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome) so I know it's not just me.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a bug, but the Salon opens by default on green hair now. I know the "All" button is right there, but it might be a trifle confusing to newbies, especially when a Salon update is released.

Thanks, and can't wait for the next updates!

3,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mindset
Love the new previews, the teal tab, and how can I express my glee re the buyable eyes? It must feel awesome to have worked on a project that 99.999999% of Gaians love. wink Can't wait for the save outfits thing, that's another one that'll have 'em worshipping you. ninja

Quote:
-have the sort option stay once you choose it (if you choose 'show newest' then it will always show newest until you change it)

There seems to be a tiny bug re this option, though. It works great when you change shops, I love it. But it doesn't work when you switch tabs within a shop, unfortunately. You click a tab, it loads those items in "Price (Ascending)" order, no matter which sort option you have selected. I've tried it with several browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome) so I know it's not just me.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a bug, but the Salon opens by default on green hair now. I know the "All" button is right there, but it might be a trifle confusing to newbies, especially when a Salon update is released.

Thanks, and can't wait for the next updates!

good catches, i'll see if we can patch those updates out.

and yes, it feels great to work on an update that has made people so happy heart heart

Astral Sage

44,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
This update has made my day.

My only peeve, though, would be that the preview window is a bit small compared to the marketplace's or the Cash Shop's... but I don't know if bigger images would put a bigger strain when it comes to loading...

Sparkly Pants

8,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Thank priula

3,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
AstraSage
This update has made my day.

My only peeve, though, would be that the preview window is a bit small compared to the marketplace's or the Cash Shop's... but I don't know if bigger images would put a bigger strain when it comes to loading...

Yeah, i have seen several people saying that. the preview is 120x150 pixels, the exact same size as your avatar in the header or in the forums. It used to be scaled slightly larger (1.5 times the size) but when you scale an image it becomes more pixeley, plus it was harder to fit a bigger image in the window.

The cash shop and marketplace previews are actually the exact same size as the new shop one! It must be an optical illusion or something that makes the shop one look so small, because even though I have triple-checked all the dimensions the shop one "looks" smaller to me too. It may be something we can fix with a border or something like that.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

11,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
New shops are in the works? *o*
I wonder who the NPCs'll be ~ owo

I'm excited for the save outfits feature ~ >w<

7,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Hi, I was told to come here to point out something that could cause some problems.
It involves the new preview window where you get the option to buy, add to wish list, and close.
It seems that the "Buy with Gold" and the "Buy with Cash" Buttons are right next to each other and look somewhat similar other than their symbol.

Here's more information in a topic I made.

I'm not angry about it, I'm just hoping something would be done so that others won't get confused
and accidentally use cash to buy something.

Some suggestions others and myself have made is that:
1. The button where you buy with cash should say "Buy with Cash" so it looks different than the other.
2. Move the "buy with cash" button somewhere not close to the other.
3. Tint the buttons, possibly yellow for gold, and green for cash (Suggestion by Mindset)

Thanks

Malevolent Sage

14,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Battle: Mage 100
I checked a few pages back, but I know from the Site Feedback forum, there are topics regarding old eye styles in pink and teal. It doesn't seem fair those colors are exempt from the eye update.

I have the bright eyes in blah blue, but would love to change them to teal or pink if that's a feasible option in the near future. Thanks smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff