Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Can restoring Meredith to more that a faded out avatar be somewhere on the list? I don't expect updating the Bank of Gambino to be in this update, but somewhere down the line it'd be nice to make that store something more like it used to be back in '04 or '05. Honestly, I can't see how this layout is supposed to be so much better than it originally was.
The only benefit of this is to see the list of past trades on the main page instead of having to look up the log and taking up a whole extra three seconds to click the link to do it.

I bring this up because so many people have said they miss seeing the stores have a store-like atmosphere- that function has been brought at the sacrifice of aesthetics and the feel of the shop. I miss the bank when Meredith was actually treated like a valid NPC and actually had an image.

8,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Looks good! It would be great if you could try on different poses of the same item. I agree with the NPC dialogue change. It would make it less confusing for new users. I know I was confused when I first joined!

Familiar Phantom

17,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Conventioneer 300
Twice II

Can restoring Meredith to more that a faded out avatar be somewhere on the list? I don't expect updating the Bank of Gambino to be in this update, but somewhere down the line it'd be nice to make that store something more like it used to be back in '04 or '05. Honestly, I can't see how this layout is supposed to be so much better than it originally was.
The only benefit of this is to see the list of past trades on the main page instead of having to look up the log and taking up a whole extra three seconds to click the link to do it.

I bring this up because so many people have said they miss seeing the stores have a store-like atmosphere- that function has been brought at the sacrifice of aesthetics and the feel of the shop. I miss the bank when Meredith was actually treated like a valid NPC and actually had an image.

QFT. I miss the lovely Meredith being there to greet me whenever I went in to the Bank to do a trade. I also miss having to actually navigate the map to get from store to store, but eh...I'm nostalgic.

Coming from the standpoint of an '04 member, the new shop setup just bothers me. It doesn't feel like a store at all. It feel's more like a catalogue that I'm ordering something out of. That and the fact that the site is just becoming more and more sterile just is a total turn-off. More color, because color is a lot more friendly and inviting than White Walls, White Floor, White Ceiling. And while we're at it, could we possibly return our beloved Gaia Wing Logo to the shops, either as a corner piece of the header or something to actually click on? That would be a nice change that (I'd hope) I'm not alone in saying would be a welcomed addition.
Why not "count" how many people are shopping in the store along with you?

The idea goes along with the "add avatar into the shop" idea on the front page. To increase the feel that you;re in a shop, there can be a counter of just how many people are on that same shop page as you. If the avatar idea passes, then we can show the avatars of all the people who were in the shop for the past 5 minutes (with their permission, of course).
Then this just leads to the NPC VERBALLY recommending items for purchase. I buy some Kachina Wings, recommend the matching skirt after I buy. It could be like how online shops do it now: "people who have bought Kachina Wings have also bought ___." Or, it could be "People who bought Kachina Wings also own ___."

Firebreathing Kitten

11,675 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
User Image

User Image

Before anything else:
PLEASE! Do these previews with every site update!!

Now that THAT is out of the way...
Suggestions:
I would like to be able to preview all the poses of the items before I buy them, to make sure that it all works with the items I already have equipped.

User Image

Sparkly Hoarder

12,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Megathread 100
User Image

I think I'll like this update a *lot*!

Read the bit under the Top Suggestions, I don't think I would like my avatar right in the corner of the shop. It's already up on the top of the page! Def. want the different preview items, like for tattoos, and cannot wait for the re-sorting of items!

800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
you reskinned the avi dress up page thats it! the shops should look different then our dressing room

Friendly Vampire

Quote:
for preview: unequip other items, preview skin, preview different poses, reverse view, kneel, try on more than one item at a time

I'm not sure if this is saying, choose what other items you're currently wearing that you want to unequip for the preview, or if it's to automatically unequip every item for preview.

I'd really rather not have the preview automatically unequip all your items! gonk Please make it an option (Or just let people know that all they have to do is go to their avi dress up page and unequip all their items. You don't have to save your avatar, the preview will be whatever your avatar is on your dress up page.)

I sometimes like to see how items look together before I buy them (If an item doesn't layer how I'd like it to with another item, I may not want it. Or I just want to see how items look together. Or a single new item with an outfit) So, always automatically unequiping everything would be kind of awful. After all, tektek doesn't always have Gaia's layering, so you can't rely on it all the time.

But, if it meant choosing items to unequip, then I really like that idea.
~

I most definitely want the shops to go back to their old shop-y feel. It was completely lost when the shops changed to what they are now. I was kind of upset about that at the time, but, most people were in love with the new look.

I don't like the shop scroll bar's move or look in that preview. I prefer where it is now. Also, I would actually prefer to sell back in the shops. Moving that would once again lessen the real shop feel. You won't really feel like you're selling anything back to the NPCs.
YamiOmega
Twice II

QFT. I miss the lovely Meredith being there to greet me whenever I went in to the Bank to do a trade. I also miss having to actually navigate the map to get from store to store, but eh...I'm nostalgic.

Coming from the standpoint of an '04 member, the new shop setup just bothers me. It doesn't feel like a store at all. It feel's more like a catalogue that I'm ordering something out of. That and the fact that the site is just becoming more and more sterile just is a total turn-off. More color, because color is a lot more friendly and inviting than White Walls, White Floor, White Ceiling. And while we're at it, could we possibly return our beloved Gaia Wing Logo to the shops, either as a corner piece of the header or something to actually click on? That would be a nice change that (I'd hope) I'm not alone in saying would be a welcomed addition.

QFT.

I think those ideas would actually help bring back a bit of community atmosphere.
YamiOmega
Twice II

QFT.

I think those ideas would actually help bring back a bit of community atmosphere.

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
User Image

I don't know if it's been suggested, but it applies to the dressup option in shops and the MP. I would love it if there was a choice to unequip all of your clothing in the dressup menu so you can actually see what you're wearing. Sure I can always tektek that, but this would be an option for people that don't want multiple windows going.

6,450 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
wow...I love this idea. i hardly go into the shops anymore because it's not organized in the least, but this sounds like a great improvement! I can't wait to see it.

800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
if you kill off juile ill be a happy gaian bout this update
s**t, that's really ugly and really bland.

At least it matches the rest of the layout.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

I really like the way it looks. It is a bit plain, however I would prefer simplicity and being easy to use than fancy and difficult. =)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff