Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Wolf

8,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Signature Look 250
Appreciating the fix. ;3 I don't smoke myself, or approve much of others smoking, but I certainly think the decision should be the choice of the individual to make.

Not to mention, the Silver Kiseru made mah avatars look pretty spiffeh, and you nearly destroyed several dream avatars of mine when you soulbound it. ;o;

Conservative Hoarder

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I freaked because I could no longer get the Kiserus. XD And I'm very happy that the items came back.

4,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I really dont get the big deal. Its not like you took them away from people you just quit letting them be sold. I actually thought the 1000 gold to sell the cig off was very fair.

It seems like of all the things that Gaia has done lately this was the least radical or invasive.

So let people who have them keep them. Just take them out of the shops and market, or sell them off to the shop thru inventory.

Angelic Blob

Danke
Though I don't smoke, I was VERY shocked that a long time store item was removed, without explanation.

If some Gaia Team is having a problem with an item, at least gather up the courage to talk to Gaians about it. Not just sweep things under a giant rug.

Beloved Fairy

7,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
well that explains why my black Kiseru was soul-bonded to me. *shrugs* no skin off my hide

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bunai
Danke
Though I don't smoke, I was VERY shocked that a long time store item was removed, without explanation.

If some Gaia Team is having a problem with an item, at least gather up the courage to talk to Gaians about it. Not just sweep things under a giant rug.

I agree completely with this. Before removing an item that's been around for so long, I think it would have been better (at least, P.R.-wise) to have led a discussion on the forums over it. After all, that is what this site is for... discussion and/or debate!

"A thin cigarette imported from a far away land. They are addictive and bad for your health but make you incredibly sexy."
- Item Description

In my opinion, if you removed the (ironic to this whole new stand against tobacco) statement "but make you incredibly sexy," this whole issue could be neutralized. People in this virtual world would be reminded of the unhealthiness, like every time they look at a cigarette pack in real life, but they still have their own choice to make. Also, there would be no positive claim towards the product.

The Cig was one of the first items I saved up my Gaia gold for a long, long time ago... heart
thanks for the fix, even though it doesn't really apply to me
= ]

4,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100
underlying
does that mean i should start smoking

smoking is bad for you

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
Onii Raptor
I really dont get the big deal. Its not like you took them away from people you just quit letting them be sold. I actually thought the 1000 gold to sell the cig off was very fair.

It seems like of all the things that Gaia has done lately this was the least radical or invasive.

So let people who have them keep them. Just take them out of the shops and market, or sell them off to the shop thru inventory.

If you start smoking because of a dress up pixel website, you deserve lung cancer.

Millionaire

Millionaire

Smenkhkare
Appreciating the fix. ;3 I don't smoke myself, or approve much of others smoking, but I certainly think the decision should be the choice of the individual to make.

Not to mention, the Silver Kiseru made mah avatars look pretty spiffeh, and you nearly destroyed several dream avatars of mine when you soulbound it. ;o;

yeah
ahhhhhhhhhhhh here comes second hand smoke

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas