Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
C'mon, she's just a nice kid. She didn't come up with the lyrics to this song, which are pretty catchy anyways. Methinks it's due to jealousy because you didn't get famous at 13. wink

4,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
They hate her because she's an easy target. It's really that simple.

Tipsy Smoker

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

5,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
ConTRoL ALTernate DELETE
troll!
Nope. I actually took the time to check the music video to see what the whole thing was about. I like it, although it's not my preferred type of music.
I have to admit I'd like to hear a song sung by her that wasn't abused by auto-tune. She sounds like she might be a good singer but with auto-tune it's hard to tell.

Inquisitive Romantic

33,025 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Of course, it's automatic hating just because some people are able to express an opinion over something they don't like. You can't speak for everyone. I don't "hate" her. I just think the song is a disaster. I don't care who wrote it. It's an awful, limp song to begin with content-wise. Tripe like that sells for millions with viral page view hits and iTunes sales, though. So yes it's her moment in the Sun and I hope she does have a good time with it.

It's no different than some of the bad acts that came through in my day. Looking back on my teen years and pre-teen years, there were a LOT of them. The only difference is now we've all got Youtube and heavier media coverage when "hot" tickets catch fire. Not everyone is wishing her the worst or saying ugly things about her. She's still a young girl and still somebody's child. I wouldn't have known about her period if people hadn't posted her videos to death and she wasn't on the Today Show (or wherever she was.) It's just flat out honesty--the song makes my ears bleed. If you like it, that's fine. It doesn't mean everyone else who doesn't is a hater.

It's just different music taste.

TenraiSaga's Wife

Fatcat

the squeaky voice sucks...its better if she just used her normal voice since I heard her sing without auto tune....and the lyrics of her song was full of crap, i would not wonder why x3

Noob

She has a freakin' nasal problem!

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I don't. I'm not going to hate someone I don't know just because she sings bad. Not to mention, I've never watched the Friday video before.

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Profitable 100
The song's actually no more repetitive than many others that shall not be named.
It's the tsundere form of worship for many mrgreen

15,450 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Survivor 150
I don't hate her, I hate her singing. 3nodding

Quotable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
I don't hate her, but the lyrics to the song coupled with the way she sings it...it frankly boarders on unlistenable.

Lonely Ladykiller

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Rebecca Black didnt write song!

maybe you should read this... i dont know who rebecca black is NOR do i even know the song... but i hear alot of complaining.. and if you think about why it's pretty STUPID... everyone has their panties in a twist over some stupid little song, and some little girl. You'd think people would be more upset and talking about what is going on in Japan or over in afghanistan... wow... its nice to see how shallow humankind has become... O_o

So we are saying that it is okay to be hateful and nasty people because someone was a "target" to quote something i just read previously? Dont we have better s**t to do with our lives? Who cares if she or the song sucks. shut up and dont listen to it then. lol

Newbie Nerd

23,440 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
To release their inner snake-like tendencies. ^^

Time-traveling Senshi

It's not her I hate it's the so called record company ARK Music Factory. It's not even a year old and from what I heard their only goal is to make money off people who believe they have the talent to be a major record label artist. Some might have it but just can't get that foot in the door and some are probably better off sticking with the school choir. What they do is make these casting calls for teens that meet certain criteria so they can find the next big Miley Cyrus, Asheley Tisdale, Salena Gomez, Miranda Cosgrove, Victoria Justice, and Justin Bieber. For the tune of two thousand dollars you buy from them a song to record and a video to go with it. That's it one song and one video. I don't even know if they'll record a second song from the person without an additional two thousand dollars from the teen and their parent. ARK considers themselves an indie label but what it is is a vanity label where so called wealthy choir kids who think they're on par with someone like Miley Cyrus or Selena Gomez in singing talent can record a song and make a video and call themselves recording artists and celebrities.

The problem is the people ARK employs don't really have what it takes to produce that next great hit. Sure they have a good camera crew in their video department but that's about it. They have to rely on auto-tuning to get kids who sound very pitchy and nasally with their natural singing voices to sound like Miley, Selena, and Fergie and the songwriters they hired appear to reuse a lot of the same rehashed themes for their songs. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a catalogue of prewritten songs that these girls (so far all of their talent is female) point to and pick from with the music already written and the video concept already worked out. It's an entire package that they work out before the song is ever recorded I'm guessing. The sad thing is in the end ARK is more than likely using Rebecca Black going viral to gain more customers for them. She's not going to be famous for her singing or her song but as the first ARK artist to go viral and get them a ton of new young impressionable teens with their parents' okay to blow their entire life savings of two grand just on the off chance they'll become famous enough to be in the same room as Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff