Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,350 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
I'm a student studying orthotics and prosthetics, so my mind automatically jumped to an artificial steampunk leg. Obviously have lots of work to do yet before submitting, but feedback would be nice.

Hydraulic Leg Splint? Gizmologist's Brace

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Gloves [submitted]

Super Cat

that is hawt!!!

Shy Nymph

25,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Cool, but aren't there already an item set for this idea?

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
yuki utahime

We go together...
...or we don't go down at all.

Are you talking about the Automaton set in Barton Boutique?

8,350 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
yuki utahime

What is it? They pump out items so fast these days sweatdrop

Shy Nymph

25,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Rinn Ue
yuki utahime

What is it? They pump out items so fast these days sweatdrop
The automaton legs (which told by another poster in here) from barton boutique

8,350 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
nefret2011
yuki utahime

We go together...

Are you talking about the Automaton set in Barton Boutique?

Didn't know that existed eek already started so Im Going for it - and make it more steampunk than iron leg

Shy Gaian

haha I was going to try the same thing but with pants with it. smile I like it though, you got a clear sketch of what you are doing smile . Hmm are we able to put color variations in the blank space? I think you should do the bronze, then make a rusted version biggrin .

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
Rinn Ue

Didn't know that existed eek already started so Im Going for it - and make it more steampunk than iron leg

We go together...

Actually, I think you're fine. This isn't so much a prosthetic as a...well, the word splint comes to mind. The Barton Boutique legs are like actual prosthetics, as if your avatar lost their leg and had it replaced with machinery. This looks more like something put on top of the leg. Not to mention there's a belt to go with, something the Automaton legs don't have. It should be different enough.

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I like it but with leg mods not being allowed maybe call it a boot instead of prosthetic.

8,350 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
ScifiSOS
haha I was going to try the same thing but with pants with it. smile I like it though, you got a clear sketch of what you are doing smile . Hmm are we able to put color variations in the blank space? I think you should do the bronze, then make a rusted version biggrin .

I'd be interested in seeing what you came up with too :] the more legs the better? razz

I like the rusted idea, but my coloring skills are poor so I'm not sure if I'd be able to translate it onto the screen razz

I think I am going to attempt to make it look like old armor, with the etchings into it

8,350 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Wrenry
I like it but with leg mods not being allowed maybe call it a boot instead of prosthetic.

I'm debating on that, good point. The thing is that it covers the original outline, not changes it, so maybe that'll pass? Hard to say.

Shy Gaian

Rinn Ue
ScifiSOS

I'd be interested in seeing what you came up with too :] the more legs the better? razz

I like the rusted idea, but my coloring skills are poor so I'm not sure if I'd be able to translate it onto the screen razz

I think I am going to attempt to make it look like old armor, with the etchings into it

oooh thats cool. and haha i'm horrible at coloring too, I would have just used a reference online and cut it in then change its opacity. Might have tried to color over that so it just doesn't look like the pics stuck in there lol.

but hmm old armor biggrin that sounds awesome. I tried looking up steampunk fabric design for the um arm piece thats on this other idea i got but its hard to translate it into a small picture

8,350 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
nefret2011
Rinn Ue

We go together...

Actually, I think you're fine. This isn't so much a prosthetic as a...well, the word splint comes to mind. The Barton Boutique legs are like actual prosthetics, as if your avatar lost their leg and had it replaced with machinery. This looks more like something put on top of the leg. Not to mention there's a belt to go with, something the Automaton legs don't have. It should be different enough.

Maybe it'd be like a Victorian-steampunk version of an ironman... Leg haha

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
Rinn Ue

Maybe it'd be like a Victorian-steampunk version of an ironman... Leg haha

We go together...

Essentially yeah. So as long as your item attaches to the leg and doesn't replace it, you should be fine on both counts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff