Total Votes:[ 101 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
OpaniFare
I'm hoping they'll have a theme that fits the dark/elegant/ethereal/royal style. Mostly because that would be fun for me but would probably minimize the kawaii wins.... hopefully.

An icy wind may flush the cheeks....

Ice and snow may chill the skin...

But a cruel word will freeze the heart.

I had such high hopes for the first contest. It was gothic, I think the idea was to make something Stein himself would wear. And I saw so many gorgeous long corset dresses perfect for walking along cathedral corridors in the midst of a thunderstorm, and they end up with an ultra short, ultra poofy contraption. I was disappointed.

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
FURlKAKE
lol, i was just saying what i thought. and i was kinda being sarcastic.

i understand the point that is being made completely. i would love to make something that makes others happy too, but no one is really throwing out any ideas. from what i see.

'Like a dress style to represent rainfall, without the clouds and the little blue lines' - i get what you mean. but the way i see this particular theme, they want an item that is equipped for a rainy day and not a piece of clothing/item with a rain theme.

I saw that and I'm pretty sure they intend for jackets and galoshes, but they usually take one of multiple clothing types (unless the theme is a certain piece of clothing) so they might end up accepting one of the dresses.

On a side note: I have seen some people making those items and doing it in a none-cutesy style, the umbrellas especially.

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
Materi Rossii

Yes, this.

I did see this, which is much more figurative than literal.

MrShizmo's Wife

Slayer

nefret2011
i wasn't saying it is limited to jackets, galoshes, etc. a dress is completely possible, but from a lot of the dresses i've seen so far.. to me, don't look like dresses i would wear on a rainy day.

to your side note: if that is true, then you can't really conclude that a majority of crosstitch items are cutesy if there is a possibility of having the items gaians have created in a non-cutesy style. also, it's not only your style that matters.

Perfect Sex Symbol

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
nefret2011
Malacrai Nazo

It literally just means "Cute".

I know that's the denotative meaning, but connotative seems to have tweaked it.

On a side note: what does "desu" mean?

"Desu" is "Is".

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
FURlKAKE
i wasn't saying it is limited to jackets, galoshes, etc. a dress is completely possible, but from a lot of the dresses i've seen so far.. to me, don't look like dresses i would wear on a rainy day.

to your side note: if that is true, then you can't really conclude that a majority of crosstitch items are cutesy if there is a possibility of having the items gaians have created in a non-cutesy style. also, it's not only your style that matters.

There's a possibility, doesn't mean it's going to happen. The choice is ultimately done by the Gaian mods. And yes, I realize it's not only my style that matters. I never said that and I never demanded otherwise. But I'm not the only one that thinks this way, as evidenced by the other people that have stated similar things.

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
Malacrai Nazo

"Desu" is "Is".

So when someone says "it's desu kawaii!" they're repeating themselves, essentially.
nefret2011

Yeah, that one was the closest to a dark/elegant theme, but it was pretty vague. If they had an actual just-gothic-style theme, that might end up with more dark and classy looks. Then again, I'm not much of a "kawaii" thinker, so I couldn't imagine how someone could make a cute gothic style item unless they were like "this is pastel goth."
Maybe a masquerade theme? They'll probably still find a way. emo
I'm pretty sure they select items in an attempt to balance out the personalities. Some punk stuff, some cutesy stuff, and silly things. Although cute does seem to stand out the most, like with the last two themes.

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
OpaniFare

Yeah, that one was the closest to a dark/elegant theme, but it was pretty vague. If they had an actual just-gothic-style theme, that might end up with more dark and classy looks. Then again, I'm not much of a "kawaii" thinker, so I couldn't imagine how someone could make a cute gothic style item unless they were like "this is pastel goth."
Maybe a masquerade theme? They'll probably still find a way. emo
I'm pretty sure they select items in an attempt to balance out the personalities. Some punk stuff, some cutesy stuff, and silly things. Although cute does seem to stand out the most, like with the last two themes.

Ooh. I would love a theme that is only masks.

Zimochka's Bestie

Invisible Faun

nefret2011
Materi Rossii

Yes, this.

I did see this, which is much more figurative than literal.

Yah, I saw those and was pretty impressed.
I also saw a cute little caplet that was pretty good too, but must of the submissions so far are kinda... the have a limited market to which they could be incorporated into an avii, I suppose is the right way to say it.

MrShizmo's Wife

Slayer

nefret2011
i know what a possibility means. it ALSO means that it doesn't mean it's NOT going to happen either. i don't think being pessimistic changes the situation in your favor.. sure the choice is made by the gaian mods, but i wouldn't doubt they look through the forum at feedback. many of the popular choices of gaians based on feedback or forum voting end up being chosen. so if you want to see a change, act don't just say. throw out actual ideas/concepts you would like to see, something gaians can work with. or draw out something, anything. you really don't have to be a great artist to get an idea out there. also, it may just be the themes that push end results to be cutesy.
you said 'that CrossStitch isn't as much my style as I was hoping it would be'. i'm just making a point of how even though items don't match your style, they DO match another gaian's style. and i realize you're not the only one who thinks that way, which is why i am always trying to look to giving gaians what they want. example, for the sweets, a gaian said they wanted to see something that wasn't the usual dessert like cake, cupcakes, candy.. so i made a fortune cookie.

look, i'm not trying to prove anything or say you're wrong. i just disagree with 'complaining'. items are chosen, it's done. you can't get rid of them and make people come up with new things. if you're unhappy with something. then DO something about it.

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
FURlKAKE
i know what a possibility means. it ALSO means that it doesn't mean it's NOT going to happen either. i don't think being pessimistic changes the situation in your favor.. sure the choice is made by the gaian mods, but i wouldn't doubt they look through the forum at feedback. many of the popular choices of gaians based on feedback or forum voting end up being chosen. so if you want to see a change, act don't just say. throw out actual ideas/concepts you would like to see, something gaians can work with. or draw out something, anything. you really don't have to be a great artist to get an idea out there. also, it may just be the themes that push end results to be cutesy.
you said 'that CrossStitch isn't as much my style as I was hoping it would be'. i'm just making a point of how even though items don't match your style, they DO match another gaian's style. and i realize you're not the only one who thinks that way, which is why i am always trying to look to giving gaians what they want. example, for the sweets, a gaian said they wanted to see something that wasn't the usual dessert like cake, cupcakes, candy.. so i made a fortune cookie.

look, i'm not trying to prove anything or say you're wrong. i just disagree with 'complaining'. items are chosen, it's done. you can't get rid of them and make people come up with new things. if you're unhappy with something. then DO something about it.

I have no artistic talent and I've made suggestions before, like when I suggested cloches and/or Dark-Ages inspired entries for the hats theme. I also give feedback on various threads. That's the extent of what I can do and I do it. Past experiences have made me cynical of future entries, but if I was totally pessimistic I wouldn't post in this forum at all.

MrShizmo's Wife

Slayer

nefret2011
like i said, you don't need to have an artistic talent. even though i was not around to witness what happened for the dark-age or hats or other previous themes, i apologize your input was not taken into account when items were chosen. however, maybe instead of being negative of what is already done and can't be changed, be positive about future ideas, etc. threads like these, just from my point of view, make me feel like some people are very unappreciative when i am just trying my best to give 'the people' what they want. then again, just a thought..

Fashionable Smoker

Half of gaia and a little mor elove cutsey items, in return these are most likely to be picked.
I would actually like that less cutsey stuff got into the store.

Perfect Sex Symbol

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
nefret2011
Malacrai Nazo

"Desu" is "Is".

So when someone says "it's desu kawaii!" they're repeating themselves, essentially.

Well you have to remember that it's in japanese, and it has a different use in Japanese. Plus, the ones who usually say things like that, are the Otaku's, who use broken Japanese.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff