Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Genius

12,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Champion 300
Hey Guys! My first time entering the Crosstitch contest. When I heard the theme Steampunk was the next theme, I just had to enter. I have tons of ideas but I most likely won't submit all of them. I wanted to try making simple clothes that looked steampunkesc, could work for both males and females, and wasn't just littered with gears.

What do you guys think? I am also taking color suggestions.

User Image

User Image

The only female only item

User Image

User Image

User Image

Sarothril's Bae

Feline Shapeshifter

13,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Oh nice, these designs are pretty well done and would be a great addition to the shops.
I'd definitely wear all of these entries if I had the chance to. Even more appealing is the fact that it's perfect for avatar creating. Having just enough of that steampunk fashion while also being able to be used with many other items. We really need more items like that! My only suggestion is that you remember to separate or state on the side that the shoes for the female only item isn't apart of that entry. If you can I'd suggest removing them just to be safe and then making another entry with them alone.

As for colours most of these seem pretty appealing but for safety and for getting a higher chance at actually winning it's good to make sure they all have that traditional steampunk rustic colour scheme. All of the entries besides the hat really have that.
I'm sure you know the colours but I'll put them down anyhow for good measures.
Creams, bronze, gold and browns.

As for any other colour combinations I'd suggest oranges, greens, faded peach. All a bit dull in saturation to suit the other entry colours like your current entries which really makes them stand out yet not overbearing.

Also personally anything with purple and black I just adore. x3

Dangerous Lunatic

7,925 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Most are a bit too simple, I think.

I like the overalls with the wrench and kind of like the hats, though

Friendly Millionaire

8,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I love it :3 I want to get them all

Bashful Noob

DizzieSkizze

Wonderful designs! I particularly like the 3rd pants design so I'm going to focus my suggestions on that smile

As a base, I quite like it but it isn't that "steampunk" (sorry) I suggest having the shorts separate to the shirt, just having it layered above normal tops. Also, adding a lighter coloured cuff- perhaps in the stripes of the shirt- to the shorts as well as a belt would increase its steampunk nature. The buckle could be a steampunk feature and the buttons could be moved down a bit or the cuffs could maybe feature a gear feature.

I recommend a tan, darker brown, black, blue and maybe maroon color scheme for these smile Very good designs.

Amorous Animal

19,425 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Oh man I am really REALLY liking these designs!
They are pretty simple, but thats what really makes them really great and unique. It means that these sorts of items would be especially useful and able to mix and match with other items without much fuss!

I also really like the colors you're going for, again because of how easy these colors are to match with other items!

I'd have to say out of all of these, the first and last designs here are my favorite!

Well I'll be wishing luck to you in the contest, I hope one of your designs win!

Cluttered Gaian

OP, you've got some really lovely, versatile, rad designs I'd be glad to wear in an avatar. Every one.
My only beef is that you totally could have unisexed that "female only" item. Puh-leeze!

Fashionable Husband

9,075 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Popular Thread 100
In love with the hats <3 I would buy~

Interesting Genius

12,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Champion 300
Monako SM
Oh nice, these designs are pretty well done and would be a great addition to the shops.
I'd definitely wear all of these entries if I had the chance to. Even more appealing is the fact that it's perfect for avatar creating. Having just enough of that steampunk fashion while also being able to be used with many other items. We really need more items like that! My only suggestion is that you remember to separate or state on the side that the shoes for the female only item isn't apart of that entry. If you can I'd suggest removing them just to be safe and then making another entry with them alone.

As for colours most of these seem pretty appealing but for safety and for getting a higher chance at actually winning it's good to make sure they all have that traditional steampunk rustic colour scheme. All of the entries besides the hat really have that.
I'm sure you know the colours but I'll put them down anyhow for good measures.
Creams, bronze, gold and browns.

As for any other colour combinations I'd suggest oranges, greens, faded peach. All a bit dull in saturation to suit the other entry colours like your current entries which really makes them stand out yet not overbearing.

Also personally anything with purple and black I just adore. x3

Why Thank you. I may not enter all the items so I only did the front of some of them but when I enter I will definitely make it look presentable. I may not enter the shoes or redesign them to look more steampunk on their own. I'll go back and make color changes to the hats to look more brown for sure and maybe work with other steampunk colors. Faded peach is a color I completely forgot about while making these lol, Thanks for reminding me about that. I'll try some purple and black too, should be interesting to see if it will still look steampunk without the traditional colors.

Thanks for the feedback!

Interesting Genius

12,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Champion 300
Cami the Cursed
Most are a bit too simple, I think.

I like the overalls with the wrench and kind of like the hats, though

Thanks! I'd love to go crazy with detail on these but I want to make sure they can be converted into avatar pixels. Maybe a few things here and there won't hurt my chances.

Interesting Genius

12,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Champion 300
halloweencrazy

4laugh Thank you!

Friendly Millionaire

8,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
DizzieSkizze
halloweencrazy

4laugh Thank you!

yw

Interesting Genius

12,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Champion 300
yeahdotdot
DizzieSkizze

Wonderful designs! I particularly like the 3rd pants design so I'm going to focus my suggestions on that smile

As a base, I quite like it but it isn't that "steampunk" (sorry) I suggest having the shorts separate to the shirt, just having it layered above normal tops. Also, adding a lighter coloured cuff- perhaps in the stripes of the shirt- to the shorts as well as a belt would increase its steampunk nature. The buckle could be a steampunk feature and the buttons could be moved down a bit or the cuffs could maybe feature a gear feature.

I recommend a tan, darker brown, black, blue and maybe maroon color scheme for these smile Very good designs.

Thank you!

I agree they aren't very steampunk looking by themselves (I was inspired from a steampunk model and she had some more steampunk like stuff going on so that's probably how it worked). I like your suggestions though about the belt and colors since it could look nice without going overboard. I'll try that out, thanks!

Interesting Genius

12,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Champion 300
Aeria Quies
Oh man I am really REALLY liking these designs!
They are pretty simple, but thats what really makes them really great and unique. It means that these sorts of items would be especially useful and able to mix and match with other items without much fuss!

I also really like the colors you're going for, again because of how easy these colors are to match with other items!

I'd have to say out of all of these, the first and last designs here are my favorite!

Well I'll be wishing luck to you in the contest, I hope one of your designs win!

Thank you! They are my favorite too along with the hat. The things I wanted to go for were flexibility with other items and genders for sure. Lord knows we need more items like that.

I saw your designs too and I really like them a lot. Best of luck to you as well!

Interesting Genius

12,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Champion 300
Sweatpants Princess
OP, you've got some really lovely, versatile, rad designs I'd be glad to wear in an avatar. Every one.
My only beef is that you totally could have unisexed that "female only" item. Puh-leeze!

Thank you. I probably could! No I totally could! emotion_dowant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces