Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lunatic

I'm not sure, they don't seem to care for the CrosStitch anymore at all.
Every time the judging and item making takes longer. Firtst it was a month,
then two months and then three months. So are the contests dying since
they don't give a ******** about anything else than CS updates.

Just like regular Gold Shops, they are gonna kill CrosStitch which was fun
for the community and show our talent. But go ahead, you are taking
the fun out of everything anyway Gaia. rolleyes

Zeren the Morph's Comrade

Salty Phantom

I think they did

i made a thread in the SF but it wasnt touched on by any staff member and was quickly covered by other things

i dont know if we should even try PMing a Dev?
or an artist?

would that be an okay thing to do, or is that pushing a line?
Yeah, it's kinda dead here, it seems. Like alchemy, it looks like it's been forgotten about. Not as important as cash shop recolour #564 of some crappy-a** item that's already over-inflated at the mp.

......no-one actually uses the items that get made anyway. I never see avatars wearing them, at all. Feel free to correct me on that, if anyone really finds it necessary to.

Shame, really. The idea of it is great in theory. Oh well.

pxll's Partner

King Wolf

Funky Cocoa
I'm not sure, they don't seem to care for the CrosStitch anymore at all.
Every time the judging and item making takes longer. Firtst it was a month,
then two months and then three months. So are the contests dying since
they don't give a ******** about anything else than CS updates.

Just like regular Gold Shops, they are gonna kill CrosStitch which was fun
for the community and show our talent. But go ahead, you are taking
the fun out of everything anyway Gaia. rolleyes

Ruthless Lunatic

False Maria
Yeah, it's kinda dead here, it seems. Like alchemy, it looks like it's been forgotten about. Not as important as cash shop recolour #564 of some crappy-a** item that's already over-inflated at the mp.

......no-one actually uses the items that get made anyway. I never see avatars wearing them, at all. Feel free to correct me on that, if anyone really finds it necessary to.

Actually, not too long after making this account, I found a lovely grey dress in the CrossStitch shop that worked wonderfully for the look I was going for with what I could afford to spend. While (obviously) I'm not using said item right now, I still like the item and hang on to it. I wish they would focus back on CrosStitch, and not just because I'd love the chance to draw something up for a contest.
the_weeping_dalek
False Maria

Actually, not too long after making this account, I found a lovely grey dress in the CrossStitch shop that worked wonderfully for the look I was going for with what I could afford to spend. While (obviously) I'm not using said item right now, I still like the item and hang on to it. I wish they would focus back on CrosStitch, and not just because I'd love the chance to draw something up for a contest.

I have to admit, I still have some items from that shop too. I think the steampunk items are really nice (and I love those cake dress things). Sorry for being so negative about the whole thing redface

In other news, love the Doctor Who-themed avatar you've got there. I can't wait for the new series in August!

Ruthless Lunatic

False Maria
the_weeping_dalek
False Maria

I have to admit, I still have some items from that shop too. I think the steampunk items are really nice (and I love those cake dress things). Sorry for being so negative about the whole thing redface

In other news, love the Doctor Who-themed avatar you've got there. I can't wait for the new series in August!

It's not being negative, it's a matter of pointing out the fact that if it can't make Gaia money they seem to ignore it, which is a damn shame.

And thank you ^_^ I'm eager for the new series as well.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

6,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
I thought the contests were really cool and I have some items in my inventory.. but they stopped it which was a shame..

Secret Kirari's Princess

Romantic Bard

22,300 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Crosstich actually made high quality affordable items. I was wondering about it myself. I don't know who to contact but I'd really like to voice more opinions about getting more contests started up.

I'm hoping (maybe...) that this is just a lull while they figure out what to do for the next contest and how to integrate animal avatars seamlessly without favoritism. This was one of the best community involvement projects... I'd hate to see it die just like that.

Gaian

They still make user-based items via those Project Custom tickets and what have you. Yes, get the chance of making your own item, but not if you don't spend gaiacash on those rigs and guess what? When you do manage to design an item, those who want to have that item has to spend gaiacash too! It's a win-win situation! Yeah right.

Timid Defender

9,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The contest are fun and it gives us a chance to actually Make stuff we would want and others would want. If they stop it, it would feel like us users really dont have an input on anything that go on in gaia..I come here because there is that freedom. I like the idea of some one enjoying some peace of art, some item I came up with. It is a wonderful feeling...Please Gaia dont take that way from us...

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
It's too bad. I used to love lurking in the forum and looking at everyone's designs.
The creativity and talent of the users on this site made me so happy.

Blessed Millionaire

7,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
False Maria

I have bought many of the crosstitch items however they are really hard to wear with anything else because it looks a bit weird... maybe that's why people don't use them?

Wheezing Member

False Maria

ooooh gurlll.
talk2hand

I love those unicorn masks.
I just had like 2 avatars in a row that used one, so imma back off for a while (that and I got new face items so no covering for now)
but uwughhh they're so perfect
crying heart

Also I love the Captain Warrior coats. I wish they had been made just a tiiiiiiiiiny bit less cartoony. But I have made at least one avatar I loved with one.

I've used the Skull Pincushions several times, you can even place other barrettes and things in the middle of them if you're not into skulls.

The Punk Rompers are flippin cute.
One of my favorite avatars I've made used one with a Sweet Home Cream Coat

No, I don't always use items from there. I don't much care for bulky items.. but the creativity in design/colors really makes up for it.

kudos, creators.
Torse
False Maria

ooooh gurlll.
talk2hand

I love those unicorn masks.
I just had like 2 avatars in a row that used one, so imma back off for a while (that and I got new face items so no covering for now)
but uwughhh they're so perfect
crying heart

Also I love the Captain Warrior coats. I wish they had been made just a tiiiiiiiiiny bit less cartoony. But I have made at least one avatar I loved with one.

I've used the Skull Pincushions several times, you can even place other barrettes and things in the middle of them if you're not into skulls.

The Punk Rompers are flippin cute.
One of my favorite avatars I've made used one with a Sweet Home Cream Coat

No, I don't always use items from there. I don't much care for bulky items.. but the creativity in design/colors really makes up for it.

kudos, creators.

Yes, I know what you mean. The ideas are great, in fact I have one of those unicorn masks, and the Stein-based items were cute. Wow, quoted twice in one topic. I usually don't make such negative comments on the boards redface

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff