Welcome to Gaia! ::

Looking around at the entries that people have posted, I'm happy to see some of the people in this forum are making full use of the contest theme to produce concept art that truly touches on the theme. I mean it. Really. I feel like people see the contest theme as strictly "Halloween" and not "Halloween Costumes"; and limit themselves; forgetting all the creativity for all the potential cool costumes that could be done, and instead make their designs with pumpkins, which is all too easy, and predictable to base a Halloween Costume off of.

so discuss if you think people are limiting their designs and potential with their own tunnel vision and misinterpreting the themes, if you're guilty of it, some items you'd like to see designed for this Halloween Costume Contest, and what you intend on bringing to the table in your own design.

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
People can do what they want, if they make pumpkin dress number 207, fine, it just means I won't have to worry about them winning over me or someone elses original design.

Inquisitive Shapeshifter

21,375 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
I like Ninja's theory. I'll admit with two of my possible entries I did keep it basic Halloweenish design, but the third one I've received a surprising amount of praise for: crescent moon masks. I think that one has done decently well on originality or at least unusualness

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff