Welcome to Gaia! ::

II love country music. People need to wise up and join the club

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
People just have different tastes. I, personally, can't understand why most people love songs that have absolutely no reality whatsoever besides what's featured on "reality" television shows, but that's my own taste, and my own opinion on it as well. I love country music because it's facing reality, and for the overall has an attitude that says, "Alright, listen, we realize that most of you people don't give a flying s**t on fire of what we have to say, but frankly we don't care. So if you don't like it, turn the damn station over or just plug your ears."

Sparkly Lover

I duno but I love country music and I dont see anything wrong with it. Im not sure if its the accent or the way they say things like what words they use. Or even if its just the meanings of the song which are not bad at all. But honestly I duno
I love country music! i agree, what is so wrong with it? people need to grow up and leave us country lovers alone! please cheese_whine

Desirable Nerd

I love country music. not the old slow ones but the pop rock ones. I think it depends on how you're raised to like wat music. I don't why people like punk rock. theres just people screaming. Not even screaming to the music, just screaming words. how is that likable?

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I mean there is quite a bit of it I enjoy like Dock Boggs, Johnny Cash, John Doe, there's still quite a bit I don't like.

Rainbow Nerd

12,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Why does Bad Moon Rising always sound awful when people cover it?

There are only a few country singers I can stand now. I stopped listening to it when the radio station decided Miley Cyrus was a thing to play. I found what I consider better music after that, so it was okay.

6,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
So some people don't like country, so what? What they like is what they like. Just the same way people look at me like I'm a freaking disease when I order a salad and don't use any salad dressing. That's just how I like it. Personally I like all kinds of music. So yeah! =]

4,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I find it funny when people complain that country music is repetitive with every song the same (dog leaving, girl breaking up with them, etc) but that same person listens to, say, rap music-which can be labelled equally repetitive by 'haters' saying every rap song is about 'gangs, guns, and hookers'.

Personally, I don't like any type of music more or less then any other type, nor do I have favourite bands. I judge every song by its own merit to me at any given time. Sometimes I need a sad song about dogs dying, or a techno beat to dance to, or something to rock out to. Why must we create labels for ourselves, and segregate ourselves by what kind of music we do or don't like? Don't people have enough things to fight over?

Liberal Gawker

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I think it's because the people who tend to listen to it are stuck up. And because most of the songs tend to be about the same stuff. Plus, it can be very preachy/religious, and some people aren't down with that. The fans can be total assholes. I got yelled at for not taking my hat off or putting my hand over my heart for the Pledge/National Anthem...Or the people I've run into have been all right wing conservative, and that's annoying when you're a left wing, lesbian, liberal.

Personally, I have a huge soft spot for country because I grew up on it. I'm going absolutely nuts over the fact that Clay Walker is going to be doing the National Anthem at opening day for baseball here in Houston. Love me some Clay Walker.

Liberal Gawker

6,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
hpfan1215
I love country music. not the old slow ones but the pop rock ones. I think it depends on how you're raised to like wat music. I don't why people like punk rock. theres just people screaming. Not even screaming to the music, just screaming words. how is that likable?

Err. Most punk isn't screaming into the microphone. What kind of punk are you listening to? Emo bullshit that ISN'T punk?
Different opinions, I suppose. But I never understood why people "hate" different genres of music. They all build off of one another, if you think about it.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I think this phenomenon is easy to explain since it's generally the people who like The same pseudo-alternative crap who seem they need to let people know they hate country and rap in order to be invited back to all the cool kids parties.
I think it's more the stereotypical idea people have of country fans. Usually when people find out someone likes country music, people assume they're stupid and close-minded. I dunno, man.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff