Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
I am seriously curious about this. I dislike the genre for a variety of reasons but I'll keep those aside since I'm not trying to bash on the genre. What is it that you guys and girls find so appealing about country to admit to listening to it and even liking it?

To give an example I love metal. Nu metal specifically. Not because I'm a bitter douche who wants to punch everyone I see but because I love the tempo, the amount of bass, the dedication needed to perform such a demanding style of music and many songs I do honestly relate too. Also not every song is about being a jerk. Like a song I love by Demon Hunter called Beauty Through the Eyes of a Predator is about being the victim of a false preachers lies and being lead astray. Eventually finding the right way back.
Hey, I like rock and metal too, but country is my favorite. I love the messages of the songs. Ifind that there is a song for every situation (cheating, partying, family), and there is a style for everyone (bluegrass to a more heavy rock/country). I like what they sing about: family, friends, God, drinking, country life. I can relate to it a lot better than rap and their "thug lives". However, it is all a matter of opinion and taste.
Country is my absolute favorite genre, but that's not to say that i don't listen to other genres too. I love it so much because to me it tells a story or relays feelings that i can't really seem to get from other genres. I grew up listening, singing, and writing country music. No matter what i always felt like i could find exactly what i'm feeling in country music. I hope this will help with your understanding smile

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
silent_wisdom
Hey, I like rock and metal too, but country is my favorite. I love the messages of the songs. Ifind that there is a song for every situation (cheating, partying, family), and there is a style for everyone (bluegrass to a more heavy rock/country). I like what they sing about: family, friends, God, drinking, country life. I can relate to it a lot better than rap and their "thug lives". However, it is all a matter of opinion and taste.

True it is all about taste and I see there's not too much of a difference between our reasons as to why I love hard rock and you enjoy country

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
Quilloftheworld24
Country is my absolute favorite genre, but that's not to say that i don't listen to other genres too. I love it so much because to me it tells a story or relays feelings that i can't really seem to get from other genres. I grew up listening, singing, and writing country music. No matter what i always felt like i could find exactly what i'm feeling in country music. I hope this will help with your understanding smile

Even with how little country I've heard myself I admit it does tell stories and themes that are rarely found outside of it smile

Not to say I've only heard a few songs. My mom loves country so whenever we're in the car it's her first choice for the radio. I still remember years ago she would play Dixie chicks every christimas

Prophet

The little country I like, I like for completely unknown reasons. Though, I really enjoy the male country singers voice over the nasaly whiny sound I hear in a lot of indie music. So maybe that's it. the songs are all structured very similar, if not identical. I mean the songs aren't truly unique in the genre itself, but you always know when a country song is on. because it's a very distinct genre.

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
Dead Gals Dont Cry
The little country I like, I like for completely unknown reasons. Though, I really enjoy the male country singers voice over the nasaly whiny sound I hear in a lot of indie music. So maybe that's it. the songs are all structured very similar, if not identical. I mean the songs aren't truly unique in the genre itself, but you always know when a country song is on. because it's a very distinct genre.

Agreed. There are some very noticeable elements and I'll count myself lucky I haven't found any nasally singers.

Prophet

allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry

Agreed. There are some very noticeable elements and I'll count myself lucky I haven't found any nasally singers.
What bands do you like?

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
Dead Gals Dont Cry
allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry

What bands do you like?

Heh let's see... There's Demon Hunter, Destroy The Runner, Chapter 14, Project 86, Falling Up, Since October, Spoken, and Thousand Foot Krutch. All of them have good moral grounds that come through in their music smile despite most of them being on the heavier side of rock

Prophet

allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry
allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry

What bands do you like?

Heh let's see... There's Demon Hunter, Destroy The Runner, Chapter 14, Project 86, Falling Up, Since October, Spoken, and Thousand Foot Krutch. All of them have good moral grounds that come through in their music smile despite most of them being on the heavier side of rock
are they like.. christian rock? o.O

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
Dead Gals Dont Cry
allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry
allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry

What bands do you like?

They're all Christian yes but hard rock, punk rock, Electronica, and metal. Why?

Prophet

allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry
allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry
allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry

What bands do you like?

They're all Christian yes but hard rock, punk rock, Electronica, and metal. Why?
Just asking because you said good moral grounds.

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
Dead Gals Dont Cry
allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry
allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry
What bands do you like?

I see. Well if you're interested in going on what bands do you like?

Prophet

allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry
allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry
allooutrick
Dead Gals Dont Cry
What bands do you like?

I see. Well if you're interested in going on what bands do you like?
Fleet Foxes, the Dodos, Good Old War, The Black Keys.
allooutrick
I am seriously curious about this. I dislike the genre for a variety of reasons but I'll keep those aside since I'm not trying to bash on the genre. What is it that you guys and girls find so appealing about country to admit to listening to it and even liking it?

To give an example I love metal. Nu metal specifically. Not because I'm a bitter douche who wants to punch everyone I see but because I love the tempo, the amount of bass, the dedication needed to perform such a demanding style of music and many songs I do honestly relate too. Also not every song is about being a jerk. Like a song I love by Demon Hunter called Beauty Through the Eyes of a Predator is about being the victim of a false preachers lies and being lead astray. Eventually finding the right way back.
ok to absolutely love country music, you have to know and live the the way of life...when you know how we live and live it...then the music is all just truth. It brings up memories and ideas!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff