Welcome to Gaia! ::

No Brad Paisley Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton, Lady Antebellum, Conor Oberst, etc.

Sugarland?

******** Mumford and Sons?

No.

This is corporate pop bullshit that is only there to make you think your walmart purchased confederate shirts are cool, thus giving walmart more money to stock more of those artist's bullshit, thus starting the cycle again.

I'm about to blow your (small) minds:

CeliasHeaven

Older country is definitely good country. I've been hearing too much country with rap, rock and roll, and questionable lyrics in it...
silent_wisdom
Older country is definitely good country. I've been hearing too much country with rap, rock and roll, and questionable lyrics in it...

And yet, you recommended Concrete Angel.
Mind. Blown. surprised

Interesting Genius

14,250 Points
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Someone needs to take a chill pill.
Someone needs to start listening to country/folk.

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
There's nothing wrong with liking the new country, everyone has their own taste. I love country/folk, it's my favourite. I love the old cowboy stories, the damsels in distress, and the old days of herding cattle.

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
Neige ist Krieg

None of that you posted wasn't even country. :/ So why are you even bitching? Go back to the hippie forum instead of whining about our "bad" taste in music.
Psychedelic Trip Out
Neige ist Krieg

None of that you posted wasn't even country. :/ So why are you even bitching? Go back to the hippie forum instead of whining about our "bad" taste in music.

Hank Williams, Hank III, Those Poor Bastards, Nick 13, Jay Munly, Lonesome Wyatt, Gram Parsons and Townes Van Zandt aren't country?

Also this is the folk forum too.

Also a lot of what I posted is from after 2000.

Also your name is hippieish and so is your avi, you ******** poser.

Also,

rofl
Seriously, Parsons was the walking embodiment of Country music

Psychedelic Trip Out
Neige ist Krieg

what the ******** are you talking about there is no hippie forum and what he posted was country

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
dollarbillblues
Psychedelic Trip Out
Neige ist Krieg

what the ******** are you talking about there is no hippie forum and what he posted was country

There were 2 actual country songs. :/ Everything else was just 60's rock stuff. You're either from the East or California if you think that's "country".
Psychedelic Trip Out
dollarbillblues
Psychedelic Trip Out
Neige ist Krieg

There were 2 actual country songs. :/ Everything else was just 60's rock stuff. You're either from the East or California if you think that's "country".

What the hell? lol Where you live has nothing to do with your musical knowledge. Educating yourself and exploring does. Even if it did, name a state between California and Florida. Anything Colorado or further south. I've more than likely either lived in it or been to it multiple times

Plus have you even been to California? Just like any other state you have rural parts.
Also the east is very vague. If you mean the East coast, that runs from Maine down to Florida. Which of course, includes states like: Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.

So I really don't see what you're getting at. I'm assuming you think country=acoustic pop songs with twangy noises.
I'm assuming you don't know what rock actually is either.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff