Welcome to Gaia! ::

Champion

So I have discovered my secret love of country music but it just feels weird because I'm asian and I really haven't heard of any other asians who enjoy country at all so I've sort of kept it a secret. (They prefer J-K-C pop/rock or anime music etc)

I'm from the south so all around me people listen to country music and they are mostly redneck/hick white people but I guess it rubbed off on me. Is it weird that I like country? The funny thing is I can't even sing it/karaoke because I don't have that southern accent to pull it off. sad

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
User ImageUser Image

If you like it, you like it.
Ain't nothing to be ashamed of, and it's nothin' to hide. User Image
Absolutely nothing wrong with that! I'm southern to the bone and I love it when I meet others who like the same music. Don't hide it. smile

Lupine Seeker

6,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Guildmember 100
  • Wall Street 200
it's ok I live in the north and only pick up a southern accent when i'm around my friends from Florida and Tennessee. and when i was younger I didn't like it either but my step-bro made me to listen 2 it in his car and now i love it.

Lupine Seeker

6,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Guildmember 100
  • Wall Street 200
other thing is i now live in a small hick blink-and-u-miss-it town. extremely country town in the north. lol and at my dad's house, country is forbidden and when i start singing country songs, my dad and step-mom start singing these ridiculous made up songs with these ridiculous fake country hick accents... my parents have issues...

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Wow, stereotype much. You don't have to have a southern accent to sing country. look at Shaina Twain she's Canadian. Or John Michael Montgomery who is from Kentucky.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff