Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
what is you favorite song(s) or theirs? i mean...if you can pick one cause i cant
just have fun discussing the most heartfelt band that i have ever heard heart

this is just what they mainly play...sometimes they exchange instruments
Marcus Mumford: vocals, guitar, drums/percussion
Country Winston: vocals, banjo
Ted Dwane: vocals, double bass
Ben Lovett: vocals, keyboard/piano
Ah! I was looking for a Mumford & Sons forum. I knew I'd find one eventually.
My favorite song of theirs is Dust Bowl Dance. Mainly 'cause it was the first song I listened to. I also LOVE Little Lion Man, Awake My Soul, Winter Winds, and White Blank Page. Well.... Let's just say I love just about all the songs on their album "Sigh No More".

5,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Poetic_Revival
My favorite song of theirs is Dust Bowl Dance. Mainly 'cause it was the first song I listened to. I also LOVE Little Lion Man, Awake My Soul, Winter Winds, and White Blank Page. Well.... Let's just say I love just about all the songs on their album "Sigh No More".

Yea, i made it just earlier today cause i didnt see one and felt the need for one...badly
im just gonna go ahead and say that i love all of their songs...i honestly cant choose one
the first song of theirs that i heard was Little Lion Man and i instantly fell in love with the sound
the most recent song i listened to was Liar...if you havent heard it yet then you should check it out
Ninjasaurs Go -silence-
Poetic_Revival

Yea, i made it just earlier today cause i didnt see one and felt the need for one...badly
im just gonna go ahead and say that i love all of their songs...i honestly cant choose one
the first song of theirs that i heard was Little Lion Man and i instantly fell in love with the sound
the most recent song i listened to was Liar...if you havent heard it yet then you should check it out

I listened to it just now for the first time. It's amazing!

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I love their sound, it's really original compared to artists at the moment.
did you guys see their grammy performance with bob dylan and the avett brothers? good stuff.

5,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Dorian McKinnen
did you guys see their grammy performance with bob dylan and the avett brothers? good stuff.

i didnt watch the grammys =/ i didnt know that they were gonna be on....i shouldve watched
I discovered Mumford & Sons by their performance on the Grammys. I absolutely fell in love with their sound, so I downloaded the whole album of Sigh No More, and I love every song on it! 3nodding

5,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
XPainfulxParadiseX
I discovered Mumford & Sons by their performance on the Grammys. I absolutely fell in love with their sound, so I downloaded the whole album of Sigh No More, and I love every song on it! 3nodding

yay!!! im so glad that more people are discovering them biggrin

Dapper Explorer

Awake my Soul <3

Or
Feel the tide.

LOVE THEM.

I'm pretty psyched that the Grammys opened a bunch of people up to them.
I'd never heard them played on our local radio stations until after the grammy's,
now I hear The Cave pretty often

5,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Petite Hibou
Awake my Soul <3

Or
Feel the tide.

LOVE THEM.

I'm pretty psyched that the Grammys opened a bunch of people up to them.
I'd never heard them played on our local radio stations until after the grammy's,
now I hear The Cave pretty often

I use to hear little lion man on the radio all the time but now I hear the cave just as much
It's makes me happy when i hear about new people finding them, they're getting pretty big but the best part is...they don't see themselves as famous

6,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'm a huge Mumford fan and my favourite song by them is Liar, not on the album though unfortunately!
Stunning live! I was lucky enough to see them last year!

You wanna check out this Youtube performance with Johnny Flynn <3

Check out Johnny Flynn as an artist too. He is awesome.

Some other bands/people you might wanna check out are:

Laura Marling
Noah and The Whale
Frank Turner
Chris T-T
Ben Marwood
Jim Lockey & The Solemn Sun

The good part of the English Music scene.
Well this is certainly a pleasant sight on my eyes! biggrin Fellow Mumford & Sons fans. I first heard Little Lion Man last March and immediately went and downloaded their album afterwards. They have so much passion for their music and it really shows through. Their debut album "Sigh No More" has such tragic moments that it's hard not to be pulled in and feel for the singers heart break. I have a few favorites, "White Blank Page" "I Gave You All" "Thistle and Weeds" "The Cave" and "Roll Away Your Stone"...So like half the album XD

I really wish I'd have the chance to see them play live, after the grammies hit their popularity soared and because of this sudden burst of attention scalpers jumped at the chance to buyout tickets. I had two laptops open with my phone dialing the ticket master number and I wasn't able to get tickets for the Santa Barbara show. They sold out literally within the first 2 minutes and it was luck whether or not you were able to secure a single seat at the very second it went on sale. sad

Enough with that sob story though. biggrin

On a side note: This is the first time I've been on Gaia in nearly 4 years O.O
my favourite's probably "dustbowl dance," because I love history and think it's pretty cool that they have a song about it; reminds me of the decemberists-- that, and the general folk rock, of course. (speaking of, is there a rock forum and I'm just missing it, or...?)
Oh, yay! Another Decemberists fan? biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces