Welcome to Gaia! ::

florida georgia line is shitty
some of carrie underwood's songs like "good girl" are not remotely country so they need to stop playing them on the country stations
wtf is country about Thomas Rhett if he sounded like he was from NYC or England or something they wouldn't call him country
the song "hey girl" is actually just a really bad rock song

what the ********, country stations
like really accents don't make you country and neither does being from ********, Alabama. Just to elaborate on a couple of those
I think they're cuuuuteee.
I only just recently started secretly getting into country music though..
Country music has changed a lot, that's why it's called "Modern Country" It either sounds more rockish, or more popish..
I don't think Luke Bryan is bad, but he's not my favorite either. My favorite country singer as of now is Easton Corbin. biggrin

OG Gaian

abbey-bell
I don't think Luke Bryan is bad, but he's not my favorite either. My favorite pop artist as of now is Easton Corbin. biggrin
Just thought I'd fix that for you.

Ursine Mystic

10,225 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
I think that most of the stuff played on Modern County stations is just awful pop music, and like Hank III put it "Pop Country really sucks."

However, when people mix rock with Country I don't mind it one bit.
Hell, at one point, Waylon was too "rock n' roll" for the Opry, and now he is considered one of the greatest Country artists ever.
Lawyer Johnny Cocaine
abbey-bell
I don't think Luke Bryan is bad, but he's not my favorite either. My favorite pop artist as of now is Easton Corbin. biggrin
Did I ask for you to "fix" it for me? Did I ask for your opinion? No. Mind your own damn business.
Hrorik
I think that most of the stuff played on Modern County stations is just awful pop music, and like Hank III put it "Pop Country really sucks."

However, when people mix rock with Country I don't mind it one bit.
Hell, at one point, Waylon was too "rock n' roll" for the Opry, and now he is considered one of the greatest Country artists ever.

It's not so much the attempt at mixing the two tbh.
It's just that I hear it done poorly pretty often.

OG Gaian

abbey-bell
Lawyer Johnny Cocaine
abbey-bell
Did I ask for you to "fix" it for me? Did I ask for your opinion? No. Mind your own damn business.
Public thread, friend. I can post when I like, if I like. You needn't ask for my opinion, but, you'll get it regardless.

Friendly Camper

14,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I think luke is cute and he's good at what he does but it's not the old country I personally grew up with.
im a 90's baby and would like my Reba, Shania, Alan, Brooks & Dunn, Lonestar, etc back please.
ya'll can keep Taylor Swift.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces