Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thebi
GoddessEvera
I have no idea about the artist title or any of the lyrics but it was something about this little girl who had an abusive father who shot her mother and killed himself and she went to sunday school saw a picture of Jesus and said i know him i don't know his name but he was there and took care of me or something like that??

i know some of the lryics but am drawing a blank on the title.

her parents never took the young girl to church
never spoke of his name, or read her his word
then her daddy came home in a drunk ragfe one night
used a gun on her momma and then took his life
then some people from the city, took the girl far away
to a new mom, and a new dad, kisses and hugs everyday...
first day of sunday school, the preacher walked in
and a --- little girl say a picture of him....
she said, i know that man up there on that cross, i dont know his name, but i know he got off...
cause he was there in my old house, held me close by his side
while i hid there, behind our couch, the night that my parents died..

"The Little Girl"
by John Michael Montgomery
Francesica
Thebi
GoddessEvera
I have no idea about the artist title or any of the lyrics but it was something about this little girl who had an abusive father who shot her mother and killed himself and she went to sunday school saw a picture of Jesus and said i know him i don't know his name but he was there and took care of me or something like that??

i know some of the lryics but am drawing a blank on the title.

her parents never took the young girl to church
never spoke of his name, or read her his word
then her daddy came home in a drunk ragfe one night
used a gun on her momma and then took his life
then some people from the city, took the girl far away
to a new mom, and a new dad, kisses and hugs everyday...
first day of sunday school, the preacher walked in
and a --- little girl say a picture of him....
she said, i know that man up there on that cross, i dont know his name, but i know he got off...
cause he was there in my old house, held me close by his side
while i hid there, behind our couch, the night that my parents died..

"The Little Girl"
by John Michael Montgomery
*hugs both of you* THANKS!!
Has anyone heard anything more about the movie based on "Christmas Shoes", or am I the only one who cares?
Who sings something called Tryin' to Find Atlantis or something like that?
destroycole
Ok well let me be the first to ask then [because I'm too lazy to look it up on google] ..

Who sings the other version of "I'd Sure Hate To Break Down Here" that Trace Adkins originally did? Yaknow, the chick .. anyone? Thanks in advance heart
I think it is Julie Robert and some one else that I don't know there name.
destroycole
Ok well let me be the first to ask then [because I'm too lazy to look it up on google] ..

Who sings the other version of "I'd Sure Hate To Break Down Here" that Trace Adkins originally did? Yaknow, the chick .. anyone? Thanks in advance heart
I think it is Julie Robert and some one else that I don't know there name.
Elamnito_Dragonsong
Has anyone heard anything more about the movie based on "Christmas Shoes", or am I the only one who cares?
I have watched that movie but it was a few days befor or after christmas.
sourpuss4777
Elamnito_Dragonsong
I have watched that movie but it was a few days befor or after christmas.

Yeah I watched the movie last year or the year before that around Christmas time as well. It was pretty good if my memory serves me correct so if you wanna see it... watch for it. biggrin
Wasnt it new shoes for mamma... god been looking for that song for ever
bout a little boy who was standing in line to buy these shoes for his mother who was dying of cancer, he wanted her to have new shoes to meet Jesus with.. gotta find that song!!
skye-angel
I remember reading a debate about who sang Little Girl, about the little girl who hid behind the couch when her dad killed her mom and himself. John Michael Montgomery sings it. I just watched the music video.

I read a very old story extremely similar to that song.
That is a very touching song and my daughter has won many awards singing it in various contests
Yeah now I feel like such a dummy... again I don't know the title or much of the lyrics.. it's something like I miss back then or something, I remember part of it went like "when screw was a screw and coke was a coke, crack was what you were doin when you were crackin jokes.." could someone help me out?? It just seemed like a great song but I don't know artist or title... thanks..
GoddessEvera
Yeah now I feel like such a dummy... again I don't know the title or much of the lyrics.. it's something like I miss back then or something, I remember part of it went like "when screw was a screw and coke was a coke, crack was what you were doin when you were crackin jokes.." could someone help me out?? It just seemed like a great song but I don't know artist or title... thanks..

Tim McGraw "Back When" on his new CD Live Like You Were Dying
DiegoAndresJAY
GoddessEvera

Tim McGraw "Back When" on his new CD Live Like You Were Dying
Awesome, thanks!
Rosewings wrote:
I've been wondering about these for a while. There's too, and I'm afraid I recall very little of them both.

I don't know the name of the first one. It's about a little girl (or boy, but I think it's a girl ) hiding behind the couch, and something happens to her parents (?). The figure of Jesus on their wall falls behind the couch and she sleeps beside it... or something... @_@ Anyway that should be enough for you to recognize if you know it.

Number two I recall a bit of the lyrics of, and I'm sure the name is "She Said Yes" but I don't know the artist. The chorus (or part of it) goes:

She said 'yes,' I said 'Wow.'
I said 'When?' and she said 'How about right now?'
*something something something*
*perhaps another line, I dunno*
Then I asked if she believed in fate
And she said 'Yes'
that song s called she said yes and the songsinger is chad michal mcgomry i believe

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff