Welcome to Gaia! ::

wan't sure what forum/sub forum this should go in. probably not this one but it's about bob dylan which is folk, right?
i'm basically just making this thread for myself because i wanted a place to put all the covers of his songs that i know/like together somewhere. you're welcome to post covers of his that you enjoy too. if this thread gets moved thats ok also because like i said i just wanted to have these all together somewhere so ya i dont rly care lol.
sorry if this page lags a lot because of all the videos

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I usually prefer Bob's original versions MUCH better... but there's a few. George Harrison has a great version of If not for you, and Jimi Hendrix has a cool version of all along the watchtower.And I kind of like the turtles? version of mr. tambourine man
abby_lovely
I usually prefer Bob's original versions MUCH better... but there's a few. George Harrison has a great version of If not for you, and Jimi Hendrix has a cool version of all along the watchtower.And I kind of like the turtles? version of mr. tambourine man
do the turtles have one or are you thinking of the byrds? lol. yeah i don't know why i've never been a big fan of bob dylan. i like him and i definitely like the songs he wrote but i prefer covers to him usually. well depending on who did the cover, like all the ones i posted itt lol.

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
turd dropper
abby_lovely
do the turtles have one or are you thinking of the byrds? lol. yeah i don't know why i've never been a big fan of bob dylan. i like him and i definitely like the songs he wrote but i prefer covers to him usually. well depending on who did the cover, like all the ones i posted itt lol.

I did mean the byrds, I was too lazy to verify and just put a question mark instead sweatdrop . I think your viewpoint on him is actually pretty common. I think I personally know only one other person who likes him, I think most people agree that he has deep and meaningful lyrics but most people can't get past his voice. He personally is one of my favorite all time artists. But I'd say it's better to like a Dylan cover than nothing at all.
abby_lovely
turd dropper
abby_lovely

I did mean the byrds, I was too lazy to verify and just put a question mark instead sweatdrop . I think your viewpoint on him is actually pretty common. I think I personally know only one other person who likes him, I think most people agree that he has deep and meaningful lyrics but most people can't get past his voice. He personally is one of my favorite all time artists. But I'd say it's better to like a Dylan cover than nothing at all.
it's not that i don't like his voice, it's just the overall sound of his songs. i like some of them but i guess they're too slow for me? you know what i mean? but that's cool though

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
turd dropper
abby_lovely
turd dropper
abby_lovely

it's not that i don't like his voice, it's just the overall sound of his songs. i like some of them but i guess they're too slow for me? you know what i mean? but that's cool though

Oh, I see... yeah it takes a certain kind of person to like folk music... he does have some more upbeat songs but anyways, like I said, if you're a fan of cover songs it's better than not being a fan of his material at all. 3nodding
As a folksinger and a Bob Dylan fan, I could admit to you that he is a fake.

It's a known fact that "folkie" Bob Dylan was in a motorcycle accident in 1964, the beginning of his fame and the middle of the 60's folk revival. Supposedly he actually died and stuck him with a replacement;(i.e Paul is dead, Paul was the walrus).
Dylan's look in general had changed from those beginning folkie years from a Woody Guthrie lookalike to some rock n' roller pulled out of a late sixties book on counterculture. I personally (as a folk purist) like to consider Dylan as have been dead since 1964, because of the irreversible damage to folk music by plugging in an electric guitar at the Newport Folk Festival in 1965.

John Martyn had a fabulous version of "Don't Think Twice, it's Alright"
Judy Collins once performed a version of "Momma, you're on my Mind" that's spectacular.
Pete Seeger did an amazing version of "Fare Thee Well", a really old Dylan tune from when he was copying ol' Woody, or possibly Ramblin' Jack Elliott.

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
abby_lovely

I was going to mention Hendrix. biggrin
Satan Tank
Pretty much everything Joan Baez does...
man i actually dont rly like her at all for some reason
Satan Tank
i am rly gay
Satan Tank

still don't like it? emotion_awesome
it's more of for a personal reason. like i don't like her as a person. also i'm not a big fan of her voice. sweatdrop
i do listen to her version of donna donna though
although donovan's version is a thousand times better
Satan Tank
i am rly gay
Satan Tank
i am rly gay
Satan Tank

still don't like it? emotion_awesome
it's more of for a personal reason. like i don't like her as a person. also i'm not a big fan of her voice. sweatdrop
i do listen to her version of donna donna though
although donovan's version is a thousand times better
i see, i see.

i really like her voice for some reason.. ^^'
it kind of reminds me of mary hopkin's a little bit but i think mary hopkin's is nicer

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff