Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shopper

Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?
User Image

The group that has touched my heart greatly is a Christian Contemporary group with a country sound to them. Their name is Point of Grace and I have been a fan since age 12- I'm 27 now. Their lyrics and sound is so amazing. All of their albums sound completely different from each other. Anyways, it touched my heart so greatly because around age 12 some bad things have happened and their lyrics are so uplifting. It makes me feel like someone finally understood me when no one else could.

I have many favorite songs from Point of Grace. The one that is my current favorite is called Good Enough but I also really enjoy Wash Me Away as well. Really I just listen to all of their albums, lol.
I have been to two of their concerts as a teen- one to their Steady On tour and one on their Free To Fly tour. I wish to see them again someday and meet them again. I just wish they'd come to the Pittsburgh area again!

I still remember the first time I ever heard Point of Grace. I was just 12 years old and was exposed to The Spice Girls during music class in music class during 'show and tell' day. Selected students were to bring in a short video of their favorite artist and some girl bought The Spice Girls documentary insider. I was mesmerized and impressionable, lol. I came home from school raving about my new-found group. My mother was not happy at all about it so while I was in school the next day she went to the Christian Bookstore and bought some Christian cds from the clearance rack. When I got home she handed them to me and told me to listen to them. In that stack was Point of Grace and their cover was of a flower so I decided to try it. I ended up loving them! Of course, her ploy didn't work- I still loved The Spice Girls. However, Point of Grace has been a group (and the only one) that I have loved for many many years.

This is the story behind the song 'Good Enough'

Lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pointofgrace/goodenough.html

Another favorite 'Love and Laundry'

Discuss:
Your favorite song
Your favorite band/group
Why did it speak to you?
Have you ever seen them in concert?

User Image
How can you measure up?

Well, let me tell you the story of a song that means a lot to me and my family. The song "Roll On (18 Wheeler) by Alabama has always meant a lot to my family because my grandfather used to drive tractor trailer to make ends meet for his wife and 10 children. He loved his job and he used to call his family all the time when he was on the road to tell them that he missed them. My grandfather passed away 11 years ago, and I miss him so much, but whenever I hear that song I think of him, and I feel like it's a message from him, letting him know that he's watching over me.

Fashionable Shopper

unstoppable_heart
Well, let me tell you the story of a song that means a lot to me and my family. The song "Roll On (18 Wheeler) by Alabama has always meant a lot to my family because my grandfather used to drive tractor trailer to make ends meet for his wife and 10 children. He loved his job and he used to call his family all the time when he was on the road to tell them that he missed them. My grandfather passed away 11 years ago, and I miss him so much, but whenever I hear that song I think of him, and I feel like it's a message from him, letting him know that he's watching over me.

User Image

That's such a touching story. I'm so sorry about your grandfather. Not long ago I just lost my grandmother (on my father's side) and previously I was very blessed to have both sets of grandparents. I never had a song itself that made me think of either of my grandparents. My grandfather on my mother's side was a mailman so my grandma wrote a poem for him.

User Image
How can you measure up?

LilPinkCandy
unstoppable_heart

User Image

That's such a touching story. I'm so sorry about your grandfather. Not long ago I just lost my grandmother (on my father's side) and previously I was very blessed to have both sets of grandparents. I never had a song itself that made me think of either of my grandparents. My grandfather on my mother's side was a mailman so my grandma wrote a poem for him.

User Image
How can you measure up?

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I will say though that it is so touching that she wrote him a poem. Hey, when you can't find the words to say what you feel, just put pen to paper and do it yourself!

Fashionable Shopper

unstoppable_heart
LilPinkCandy
unstoppable_heart

User Image

User Image
How can you measure up?

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I will say though that it is so touching that she wrote him a poem. Hey, when you can't find the words to say what you feel, just put pen to paper and do it yourself!

User Image

Thanks. Its been really hard for everyone- especially my cousin. He's moved in and out of my grandparents house since he was young. So, my grandmother was more of a mother than his mother was.

Yeah. I used to write song lyrics since I was in 5th grade. I really haven't written regularly for a long time though.

User Image
How can you measure up?

LilPinkCandy
unstoppable_heart
LilPinkCandy
unstoppable_heart

User Image

User Image
How can you measure up?

User Image

Thanks. Its been really hard for everyone- especially my cousin. He's moved in and out of my grandparents house since he was young. So, my grandmother was more of a mother than his mother was.

Yeah. I used to write song lyrics since I was in 5th grade. I really haven't written regularly for a long time though.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Eh, that's ok. Everybody's entitled to a break or some writer's block. I used to write a lot of poetry when I was younger, but I don't as much anymore. However, every once in a while, something will inspire me and the words will just come flooding out!

Fashionable Shopper

unstoppable_heart
LilPinkCandy
unstoppable_heart
LilPinkCandy
unstoppable_heart

User Image

User Image
How can you measure up?

User Image

User Image
How can you measure up?

Eh, that's ok. Everybody's entitled to a break or some writer's block. I used to write a lot of poetry when I was younger, but I don't as much anymore. However, every once in a while, something will inspire me and the words will just come flooding out!

User Image

Yeah its not often that I write anymore. Only when I have the words do I write.

User Image
How can you measure up?

4,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Member 100
  • Profitable 100
As far as I can remember for the songs that made me feel a lot was a few Silvana Armenulic songs...She's was a SUPER famous Bosnian folk singer in the 1900s..She died at the age of 30 in a car accident she sang a lot of sad love songs, some of the songs that I just love of hers is as follows
Silvana Armenulic-Grli Me Ljubi Me(Hug Me, Kiss Me)
Silvana Armenulic-Sta Ce Mi Zivot(What Shall I do With My Life)
Silvana Armenulic-Kiso Kiso Tiho Padaj(Rain Rain Falls Silently)
Silvana Armenulic-Tesko Meni Jadnoj u Sarajvu(Alas Poor Sarajvo)
Another singer is Meho Puzic. He's another Bosnian folk singer. Some of his songs sound very grim, and very old. Which in my opinion was the beauty of it all. Almost every time I listen to his music its just...Wow.
Meho Puzic-Daruj Mu Tren, Daruj Mi Noc(Give me a Momment, Give me a Night)
Meho Puzic-Budila Majika Mehmeda(Mother Woke)
Meho Puzic(Il Me Zeni, Il Tamburu Kupi(My Wife Baught a Tamburica)
Meho Puzic-Moj Brate u Tudjni(My Brother in a Foreign Land)
I honestly do hope you guys will like these songs, though I think you might like Silvana more.

Rainbow Unicorn

sadly it seems to only be in the film but damn her version is amazing.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Travelling Soldier by Dixie Chicks is really sad =(

Fashionable Shopper

Call Me Apple

User Image

Aw that is a really sad song. /align]

User Image
How can you measure up?

Sparkly Shapeshifter

LilPinkCandy
Call Me Apple

User Image

User Image
How can you measure up?

PS: Do you know of a forum or guild on Gaia for Christian Contemporary Music??

Fashionable Shopper

Call Me Apple
LilPinkCandy
Call Me Apple

User Image

User Image
How can you measure up?

PS: Do you know of a forum or guild on Gaia for Christian Contemporary Music??

User Image

The closest forum I found was country/bluegrass. I haven't searched for a guild although there may be one.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Rainbow Unicorn

I remember a long time ago a friend of mine(whom I don't have much contact with nowadays, sadly) listened to her, and earlier this year I watched 'Dont Look Back' and some awesome pieces sung by her went straight into my heart.

This song I heard only yesterday when we saw a clip from 'Germany in Autumn' and I had to resist myself for not crying in class on the lecture.

She's such an awesome musician.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces