Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'm trying to make a female Joey Wheeler cosplay for the next anime con which is in November. I'm having a hard time finding a good green coat that matches his in a plus size and for a reasonable price. I'm also thinking of adding knee high boots to the the cosplay (black preferably) and I need to get those in wide calf. Anybody know of some websites where I could start looking for them? Thanks.

Golden Friend

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I would recommend looking at thrift stores first. I can't tell you how many times I have found the PERFECT shirt, pants, jacket, etc.. for a cosplay at Goodwill. They are extremely cheap and work out perfectly, especially since you can try them on in the store and ensure that they fit.

As for the boots...maybe look on eBay? I don't know how many boots are made for wide-calves, and I would assume they would be a bit more expensive because there is more material in them than regular boots. However, you could always buy a pair of like...black Go-Go boots and cut them to where they no longer fit so they fit your calves. Just a suggestion if you want to possibly save some money, but I'm not really an expert on shoe prices to be honest sweatdrop

Currently Questing:
Maleficent Seven User Image
27k/160k+
Latest Donator: Sick Fantasies ~ Black Sheep eek heart

6,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Ithlia
I would recommend looking at thrift stores first. I can't tell you how many times I have found the PERFECT shirt, pants, jacket, etc.. for a cosplay at Goodwill. They are extremely cheap and work out perfectly, especially since you can try them on in the store and ensure that they fit.

As for the boots...maybe look on eBay? I don't know how many boots are made for wide-calves, and I would assume they would be a bit more expensive because there is more material in them than regular boots. However, you could always buy a pair of like...black Go-Go boots and cut them to where they no longer fit so they fit your calves. Just a suggestion if you want to possibly save some money, but I'm not really an expert on shoe prices to be honest sweatdrop

Currently Questing:
27k/160k+

Yeah, I'll definately check Goodwill because it's nearby. But when I add the cost of the boots to the cost of the jacket, shirt, and skirt, it's so pricey that I might as well be buying a cosplay >u<

Golden Friend

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Grace Demonica
Ithlia

Currently Questing:
27k/160k+

Yeah, I'll definately check Goodwill because it's nearby. But when I add the cost of the boots to the cost of the jacket, shirt, and skirt, it's so pricey that I might as well be buying a cosplay >u<
You could probably actually find some pretty cheap boots on eBay. You might want to also look for the skirt and shirt at Goodwill as well, it's really easy to alter clothes and it can save you a ton of money 3nodding You can also look for boots there too if you want? I know Goodwill always has an odd selection of boots XD

Currently Questing:
27k/160k+

6,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I actually just found a pair of boots >u<

3,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
User Image

Woahh.. Oh nvm .3.

Beloved Friend

Have you looked into the possibility making the jacket? It should be quite simple for a pattern, green fabric, and some buttons. That way you can control the sizing and color.

I wouldn't recommend the boots. Joey was very well known for wearing very vibrant sneakers. But, that's just me. (And it's been a while since I watched Yu-Gi-Oh!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games