Welcome to Gaia! ::

are you excited for pokémon x & y coming out?

yes! 0.8125 81.2% [ 13 ]
eh. 0.125 12.5% [ 2 ]
no! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
what? 0.0625 6.2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 >
so i'm working on a sylveon cosplay, and i'm handsewing everything hopefully in time for this weekend. it's my second cosplay ever and i'm a rookie in every way when it comes to sewing (i have never, ever, ever used a template in my life), but it's getting along pretty well.

anyone interested in pictures?
anyone have thoughts on my super-chaotic procedures here?

Friendly Friend

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
upload aaaaaaaall the pics (and maybe some progress when you can because i really like watching your progress)
r-r-rivers
upload aaaaaaaall the pics (and maybe some progress when you can because i really like watching your progress)
i had to take some pictures just now so there's no real progress pics besides the fact that these are wips, really /u but ok here we go!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

the cloak is supposed to connect at the front while it can open and close, but i haven't gotten to that yet, the ears can perk up if you pull those silly strings at the front (but i still need to fix the mechanism as well, to make sure they don't fall forwards)

then i still need to put the meat ribbons on it, which i am making right now (it's very time consuming!) and then hopefully i'll have time left to make a skirt and bracelets/anklets to finish off the cosplay (but in the worst case scenario, the cloak itself is hopefully obviously enough sylveon)

(i hope these image links work, i've been having trouble with tumblr and photobucket. you can also view the pictures here!)

Bashful Sweetheart

8,900 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100

That's so lovely & you are soo cute !!!
The cloak also looks really good for handsewing, have you tried using a sewing machine? It's a lot faster if you know how to work it !

Are you goin to a con or something?

tomocha

That's so lovely & you are soo cute !!!
The cloak also looks really good for handsewing, have you tried using a sewing machine? It's a lot faster if you know how to work it !

Are you goin to a con or something?

i do happen to know how to work a sewing machine (my experience is limited due to not having one, but it is indeed much faster!), but i don't have one at home. i want to buy one, but the con is this weekend so i both don't really have the time or money to get one now.

and yes, i am going to a con! i'm going to dorofest in the netherlands, it's my second con ever. ;u; the first con i went to was in belgium and only had like 30 people or something, it was more like a hangout with ddr machines really.
it's morning here!

ii'm definitely getting somewhere with the ribbons now (it helps i'm not dead tired anymore either) but i still need to finish them up. i've got all the colours in now, though!

the progress of the skirt (i'm still in the process of cutting it out properly shh), as you can see, not much ;u;

my adorable little sister who is going as umbreon to the con! her desk space is much, much neater than mine, but that really says more about my desk space than hers. you should check out the hella sweet ears she made over here! i'm really, really proud (baby's first time sewing omfg)

the cloak is done!! i've still got a lot to go and only one day left, but the most important part is done!

the ribbons are a teeny bit wonky but hey i can deal with this

i can pull up the ears by pulling on the strings coming out of the cloak, but they don't go down as easily as they should. i'm quite happy they're doing this at all though, getting standing up ears on a cloak would definitely not have been easy at this size, and a headband would look wonky because of my mohawk!

also i just realized there's a seperate forum for cosplays, whoops!

Perfect Kitten

my kawaii face is so kawaii here
(though you cant even see it laughs)

i'm also getting my hair dyed pink for the con, so i got it bleached this morning! by far the most expensive part of the cosplay (as all the materials, not including pre-owned stuff, have been less than 30 euros so far, including a birthday present for a friend and a sheep heart, while the bleach alone cost 40 euros!)

i'll get in the pink in a bit!

while i waited for the bleach to do the bleaching thing i also worked some on the bracelets/anklets, so those are getting *somewhere* as well!

ok time to get in the pink dye and work on the bracelets/anklets some more!

i can't see...

ok it's pink (this has been an important intermission brought to you by bobby and while it has nothing to do with textiles or crafts you got it anyway)

Versatile Lunatic

Omgosh you are going to look SO adorable!

I'm totally digging the cloak
Luxavior
Omgosh you are going to look SO adorable!

I'm totally digging the cloak
thank you! >w<

also another small update: the skirt turned out too small because i indeed didn't have enough fabric for it, so i'm going to improvise that with a piece of clothing i already have (we'll see)

and on that note, i'm close to finishing the cosplay! just the bracelets/anklets now...

a fullbody picture of my finished cosplay! bonus: i made a shitload of mess, pictured as well

friends!! ac went in her umbreon cosplay on the first day!! and we sang the hamtaro themesong (i sang loTS of karaoke there weren't many other people participating so they didn't really mind)

i entered in a drawing competition with this drawing
it's an eevee at a garbage dump and there's lots of pokémon hidden in the background!! the camera flare kinda ruined it though but ya know

ok that's all i'm outtie thanks for all the mental support ac

Friendly Friend

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Boblitt Lovelace

i'm also getting my hair dyed pink for the con, so i got it bleached this morning! by far the most expensive part of the cosplay (as all the materials, not including pre-owned stuff, have been less than 30 euros so far, including a birthday present for a friend and a sheep heart, while the bleach alone cost 40 euros!)

i'll get in the pink in a bit!

while i waited for the bleach to do the bleaching thing i also worked some on the bracelets/anklets, so those are getting *somewhere* as well!

ok time to get in the pink dye and work on the bracelets/anklets some more!

omfg bleach buddies (except not because it's pink now)
User Image

oh my god
while browsing the dorofest forums i found this gem, someone took this of us and was asking around who we were
because apparently there's photos and video footage (probably of us singing karaoke) on facebook

rolls over and sobs deeply

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games