Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Last year was my very first con, but I remember this the most.
CON FUNK!!! scream scream scream scream
I freaking HATED it when I would go to the dealers room and had to stand between two funky ppl I was like DUDE!!! I even bought a cute little button that said "no con funk"

5,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hoshi no Miko
ii-Crazy Sunshine
I hate when cosplay groups all walk around with huge props. I have a personal grudge against Hetalia cosplayers for this one. All those stupid flags. >:C The halls are only so wide, guys.
I'd also prefer if you ask me for a hug than be like "OMG I LOVE YOUR COSPLAY HUG ME~!", and if you see me wearing something complex and delicate, don't hug me with all your strength. Be gentle. ;c

I'm kind of getting sick of the Hetalia flags too... but not so much because they're a large prop. I rather dislike it when Hetalia cosplayers have a flag and DISRESPECT it. This can be anything from tearing it, to sitting on it, even just dragging it on the ground. That is just not cool in any sense of the word to me and can be seen as really disrespectful to the country of that flag. I've been seeing it more and more with this fandom lately and it makes me insane. I cosplay from Hetalia, but I never intend to bring a flag with me, ever.

^THIS. SO MUCH THIS.
I've witnessed hetalia cosplayers getting people to SIGN their flags.
And for the dragging on the ground thing, there are RULES about proper flag etiquette. And one of the most important thing is that NO FLAG SHOULD EVER TOUCH THE GROUND. It doesn't matter if you bought it for 20 bucks somewhere, it is the symbol of a country and should be treated as one.
It really irks me. :/

Girl-Crazy Capitalist

Kissing shots at cons.
I don't give two red fish about who wants a pairing photo of this or that, but I just think mackin' photos are tacky. I don't ask for couple poses personally even if I like them, but I much prefer to see more sensual ones like forehead or cheek kisses or lips to the hand or something cutesy like that so long as the cosplay is displayed nicely as well. Or a funny dramatic pose, either or, I just want a nice photo.

A con I went to in Januarary '11, there were an Axel and Roxas cosplayer I quite liked so I asked for a photo and without a moment's hesitation they clung to each like like magnets and macked. I felt sort of blind sided and took a half assed picture anyway since I didn't want to seem rude.

However, I get super annoyed when I hear bitching from cosplayers about pairing shots and whatnot. "Ew they shouldn't be doing that" "Ugh that's so gross, aren't they dressed as two guys/girls?" What the ******** ever people, if they're just posing for a photo and not molesting your personal space why should you care? And then as long as people are polite about asking, if you don't want a pairing photo you just politely decline and let that be it if you don't like it. I dunno, I guess I'm just used to not caring much about what others are doing so long as I'm not being directly bothered by it.

The only thing more annoying than that one impromptu Axel Roxas sloppy makeout were the people in direct view of it who complained. It's a con, you know what happens at those, it's not like the couple was asking the other people to join in. Grow up, you know?
gaatar
Hoshi no Miko
ii-Crazy Sunshine
I hate when cosplay groups all walk around with huge props. I have a personal grudge against Hetalia cosplayers for this one. All those stupid flags. >:C The halls are only so wide, guys.
I'd also prefer if you ask me for a hug than be like "OMG I LOVE YOUR COSPLAY HUG ME~!", and if you see me wearing something complex and delicate, don't hug me with all your strength. Be gentle. ;c

I'm kind of getting sick of the Hetalia flags too... but not so much because they're a large prop. I rather dislike it when Hetalia cosplayers have a flag and DISRESPECT it. This can be anything from tearing it, to sitting on it, even just dragging it on the ground. That is just not cool in any sense of the word to me and can be seen as really disrespectful to the country of that flag. I've been seeing it more and more with this fandom lately and it makes me insane. I cosplay from Hetalia, but I never intend to bring a flag with me, ever.

^THIS. SO MUCH THIS.
And for the dragging on the ground thing, there are RULES about proper flag etiquette. And one of the most important thing is that NO FLAG SHOULD EVER TOUCH THE GROUND. It doesn't matter if you bought it for 20 bucks somewhere, it is the symbol of a country and should be treated as one.

Actually, in most other countries, they don't take their flags as seriously as we do.
It's a huge deal about flags touching the ground in America,
but in Germany they use theirs as blankets or places to sit.
And not just flag-pattered things.
Actual flags.

While I still think Hetalia cosplayers need to show some respect,
I just thought this was pretty interesting 4laugh
When people get pissed because you don't recognize their character.
NOT USING A WIG - might be my biggest pet peeve
Wearing a cosplay from a series they haven't seen.

5,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
sierrachu
gaatar
Hoshi no Miko
ii-Crazy Sunshine

^THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

Actually, in most other countries, they don't take their flags as seriously as we do.
It's a huge deal about flags touching the ground in America,
but in Germany they use theirs as blankets or places to sit.
And not just flag-pattered things.
Actual flags.

While I still think Hetalia cosplayers need to show some respect,
I just thought this was pretty interesting 4laugh

Not just america, canada too (I'm canadian)
In germany it's pretty much frowned upon to have too much national pride, because of what happened from that in the past. But with other countries not so much. I don't think any country would really take kindly to having their flag sewn on or written on.
Thanks for the tidbit though, that is interesting^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces