Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Businesswoman

Hello all~
        I've recently decided that I want to cosplay as Usagi/Serena from Sailor Moon.
        My question is, where can I find a quality wig?
        I found this wig. But I'm very nervous about ordering a wig.
        Can anyone suggest good Sailor Moon wigs?
        D:

Update: I'm putting this cosplay on hold while I work on another.

Girl-Crazy Capitalist

That looks like a nice wig, but I've never heard of that particular site, have you looked up to see if those pictures or the site is reliable? Definitely look for reviews on google and check cosplay.com to see if anyone has ordered from there.

You may want to check eBay or cosplay.com to see if there are any Usagi-ready wigs for sale. There are also a number of tutorials for making your own. I know Antiquity-Dreams on deviantart has taken a Usagi wig commission before and made this one here.

A quick eBay search of Sailor Moon Wig came up with lots of results. I found this one in particular from a seller I really like with 100% feedback even, the wig looks quite cute Sailor Moon Wig

There are lots of other wigs of course, but it's likely they could get pricey because of hair length and the styling detail, so $40-$50 range should be incredibly common, though there are bound to be $25-$30 alternatives somewhere as well.

I really do wish you good luck in getting a wig c:

Shirtless Businesswoman

Thank you so much for the help!

I've read reviews on this site and there are only 3 bad ones out of 100. So I figured that they are pretty good. I will look into ebay and the other site.
Thank you.
be careful with the color of it though.
her hair may be yellow in the anime but yellow hair generally doesnt look good on real people.
I usually to a natural yellow blonde for mine.

Original Ladykiller

My friend has ordered two Sailor Moon wigs off of ebay, and both were a bust. :[ The first one was too small, and the second was very poorly constructed. In the end, she's just making her own.

Hopefully, your quest will go better.

Shirtless Businesswoman

My friend has ordered two Sailor Moon wigs off of ebay, and both were a bust. :[ The first one was too small, and the second was very poorly constructed. In the end, she's just making her own.

Hopefully, your quest will go better.
Thank you for the tip!
I think I'm going to put this cosplay on hold for a little longer.
xD <3
it is a very nice wig

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff