Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Explorer

Can anyone list good, reliable sites where I can find a pre-made Homura cosplay? I've never bought cosplays online before, but I have heard of scam sites such as Milanoo and their many clone sites, and am trying desperately to avoid them as possible.

Liberal Fatcat

Ebay and Amazon are usually my go-to site for cosplays and I have good experience finding what I need in good quality. But of course, I always shop around at other cosplay sites to compare pricing. And if you're uneasy about a site, just google search for that site's reviews to get a better idea of what kind of service you'll be getting.

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Ebay. You get quite the variety, and you have buyer protection on several levels.
Buy your costumes accordingly though, it can take up to two months to get your cosplays ;;

Dapper Explorer

@ Etomidate: the only thing I've noticed among most of the sellers on Ebay though is that they require payment via Paypal, and I do not have a Paypal account. Is making a Paypal account easy?
Crepe Aux Fraises
@ Etomidate: the only thing I've noticed among most of the sellers on Ebay though is that they require payment via Paypal, and I do not have a Paypal account. Is making a Paypal account easy?

Making a PayPal is super easy and fast. ^-^
Just note that you will have limits on your account (as far as buying and selling) until you verify an existing credit card, debit card or bank account (the latter being used for e-Checks)
There is more information on the site.

Girl-Crazy Capitalist

Crepe Aux Fraises

I agree with ChocoboxDreamer. Paypal accounts are easy to get so long as you have a credit card and account to connect to your Paypal. Paypals are also safe, they keep logs every time anything with your money is done. If I buy something on eBay for instance there are two different data entries, one for taking the money from my bank account, and another for sending the payment to the seller.

As far as finding a good wig for Homura if you don't have one already, I suggest browsing through these sites. Definitely be sure to check out Arda Wigs as well! A good wig is incredibly important for cosplay so I always suggest it's important to invest in a nice wig. Not to mention a long black wig tends to be pretty useful for other cosplays c:
Wig Places:
eBay - Cosplaywig on eBay
I have bought five wigs from them, including the Lightning wig I'm wearing in my signature picture. Their fibers are usually a smooth but not silky soft grade because they have heat resistant wigs. The fibers photograph nicely and do not get brassy and they are comfortable to wear. The interior wig cap is about 22-24inches I'd say.
Arda Wigs
If a wig you like from Arda says out of stock or sold out, just check their restock page frequently to see when it will be coming back in stock.
Arda Wigs is like, a Go-To every cosplayer has heard of them and most cosplayers have bought from them sort of company. They have good customer service, pretty good wig styles to choose from, a gallery full of customer photos wearing their wigs, and they're just pretty much rather fabulous. I have not bought a wig from them YET but I really do want to. Their wigs are all pretty much at least $30 though, but you buy quality, reliability, brand name, and thickness. Arda Wigs are known for great wig fiber thickness and their wig cap sizes can accommodate larger heads or cosplayers who have a lot of hair to cover up.
Gothic Lolita Wigs
I just adore GLW wigs, the quality and colors are lovely and they're for daily use so pretty much everyone adores how soft and pretty they are. I haven't bought any yet because they're pricey and the ones I want are currently out of stock and no note on when they'll be back :s
MatchWigs
Fairly new wig seller, but they have good prices and a somewhat varied selection. They are incredibly friendly and they put up new wigs fairly often so it's good to check back every so often. I'd like to order from them at some time in the future so I can see for myself their quality but they use the same fibers as Arda Wigs so they're quite safe.
eBay - greatarchy09
I bought the Long wave 90cm pink cosplay wig from this seller and the quality is really pretty, I loved the style of the bangs, the wig cap fit very nicely, but the fibers are not silky soft. Comfortable and cute but also heat resistant so a little stiffer.
eBay - kasou06308
Wigs are pricy but the seller is extremely personable and fabulous with communication. You pretty much get the wig as pictured. If you want a style and color you can't quite find elsewhere but she sells one just how you need, the price is pretty much worth it.
Epic Cosplay
US based wig site. They have a wide selection but I've not ordered from them before...Personally I think they're a little too expensive and I don't like the mannequin heads they use or their site layout and stock photos so I just tend to avoid them, but there are a good number of regulars in the cosplay forum that swear by Epic's quality. Not to mention super fast shipping since they're local (sorry if you're not in the US, I tend to just assume people are in the US <xD)

Cutesmasher

I usually buy my stuff from taobao. You could try finding a spree or agent to help you because it is a Chinese website, but you can find some quality stuff out there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games