Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'll be cosplaying as Rosalia Rossellini from Trauma Team soon. Since this is a very simple cosplay, I decided I want to go all out and work really hard on this to make it look good. The only trouble I'm having is deciding what color wig I should get and how to do the ribbons in her hair.

For the wig, most of the cosplayers I've seen wore a platinum blonde wig. Others, I've seen wearing a pure white wig. I honestly think that her hair is a very light green. The thing I'm having trouble with is finding a wig that isn't too green. I've checked Epic Cosplay, Arda Wigs, CosplayWigsUSA, and eBay and the green wigs the have are either too green or not long enough. The closest I've found are this one from Arda or this one from EpicCosplay Should I just pick one of the two and deal with it or just get a white/platinum blonde wig?

Concerning the hair ribbons, how would it be possible to let the ribbons wrap around the hair without it falling every so often and not having to glue it on? I've tried it with my other wig, but the ribbon would have to end up being tied tightly for it to stay, which doesn't look as accurate.

Thanks in advance.

Playful Kitten

I found a few on e-bay that are slightly closer in color to the reference, and not as much as the ones listed. 1, 2 and 3

There's also a method for dying wigs, so if you do end up going for a white or lighter colored one that's closer in style you can dye it closer to the color you want. There's a tutorial Here.

The ribbons is a good question, it's something I've been thinking of myself since I plan on doing a Zelda cosplay. Have you tried using a bobby pin to kind of twist and pin the ribbon in? It may help somewhat.

Shy Receiver

8,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
Try searching ebay. : )

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Well your wig question has been answered! b(^_^)

I will try to answer your ribbon question.

You could honestly just tie it really tight and it should stay on. Or, you could get those small rubber hairbands that people use and get clear ones to fit over the ribbon, or even try to attach it to the ribbon so it doesn't show on the outside. Kind of like these (only clear):

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Or, as suggested before, you could attach bobbypins to the ribbons and pin them to your hair, which would keep the bobbypins from showing because they would be on the inside.

Currently Questing:
Limit Breaker User Image
76k/195k
Latest Donator: blood_raiin heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas