Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Hey guys,
I was wondering if I could get your opinions. I'm making Cardcaptor Sakuras Star wand for a con this month and I've got everything except the middle star ( finding a 3D Star the right shape is rather difficult.. ) and the wings.
I originally asked around and people said that paper clay worked well for them but both times I attempted making wings out of it I found it difficult and they ended up being too heavy even though it says the product dries to be quite light.
So, I'm stuck. I've heard of craft foam but I dont know if I should go that route if its too expensive or what not. If you have any suggestions it'd be greatly appreciated. That goes for the star too!

Reference of the wand
User Image

Swashbuckling Pirate

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
There is this stuff called EVA foam. It's the stuff you see on floors that locks together. You can buy squares of it for pretty cheap at home depot. You can cut and paint it easily. It should work pretty well.

Blessed Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Netogrof
There is this stuff called EVA foam. It's the stuff you see on floors that locks together. You can buy squares of it for pretty cheap at home depot. You can cut and paint it easily. It should work pretty well.
I will look into it, thanks for the suggestion!

Sparkly Conventioneer

12,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/christmas/3dstar/

that will give you a paper star. You can do that with craft foam (craft foam tends to be about $1.00 a sheet here in canada. One sheet should give you both halves). You could also make it out of cardboard.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff