Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I need to order a Wig for Anime North at the end of May.

I want to use Cosplay.com's wig shop, as I have used them back when they were known as Cosworx, and everything was delivered on time and everything was in good condition.

Does anyone know how fast they deliver? I think it took them about four weeks the last time I used them, but they were under a different name then. And that was international shipping to Canada. I have about 2 months until the con.

I know this is kinda last minute, but I just made the decision to cosplay yesterday.

Thanks in advance!! biggrin

Girl-Crazy Capitalist

Generally 3 to 4 weeks or 20 to 25 days is the usual standard when ordering from most cosplay shops since their product stock is based in China.

Arda Wigs has a steady business so you could ask people from there or even email Arda and ask what their usual shipping time estimate is, and a lot of sellers on eBay with high feedback can get really close to 24 day shipping, so if you're going to order anything order it this week before Friday or really really soon to get as many business days for shipping and processing as possible.

I bought a wig just last night from kasou06308 and the prices are pretty high but for 100% feedback, tracking number, and a lot of good business, I was also guaranteed I'll have my wig before the 20th of May, likely I'll get it within 25 days since shipping to the US is a little faster than other countries. I think with a good number of eBay sellers you could contact the seller and ask for an estimate on how long their shipping could take.

I have never used cosplay.com so I don't have any advice to give there, sorry :c
Thanks for the response!

I've never used ebay so I'm always wary to use them.

I know that cosplay.com is based in Las Vegas, so there's no overseas shipping.

I may just contact them and see what they say.

Thanks again!
Don't order from Cosplay.com. They can't even get their site to work properly, let alone run a business that ships nation wide. Not to mention, there were so many horror stories from them in the past (not getting orders, not shipping, forgetting orders, forgetting to ship, etc, you get the picture) and just recently, I know someone who ordered over a month ago and still hasn't gotten their wig yet.
Try Arda. They might seem a bit picey, but they're top-notch.
Also, There's CosplayWig and Fantasy Sheep on eBay, and Epic Cosplay on its own site.
their wig shop is based here in america..las vegas....or cali..i forget.
but they take FOREVER to ship. it took like 3 or 4 weeks for my wig is just ordered to get to me and i live in colorado.
Thanks for all the help everyone!

Wow, I didn't know that about cosplay.com. I used them back when they were cosworx and everything was fine. I thought they may have even improved seeing as their website looks better.

I guess a pretty website a good shop does not make.

EDIT: I like what I see on Arda. At least that site actually tells me how long it will take to ship to Canada. Now I can get the wig I originally wanted as they actually have it cheaper. Yay! blaugh

Thanks so much again!

Sparkly Conventioneer

12,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
I haven't used them since they were under "cosworx" but I live in the GTA and it took about a month to get here, maybe a bit more? If you order now it should come in time for AN 3nodding
So, I decided to go with Arda. I orderd today, and should receive my order in 7-10 days, maybe longer. I wanted to order while the Canadian dollar was good. I'm still so new at this, so I'm a little nervous!!

Thanks again to all who helped out! I'm cosplaying Princess Euphemia in the Ashford Academy uniform. They even had clip on buns which I also ordered.

Interesting Nerd

I can say that I will NEVER be purchasing from this site again. I placed an order almost a month ago for the Monica wig in dark brown, and I chose standard shipping (4-7 days.) They charged my debit card, but never sent my purchase. For the past two weeks I have called and sent emails trying to get a tracking number or some kind of update on my order. Both numbers listed on the website result in a busy signal and no one has responded to my emails.

I posted on the Cosplay.com Facebook wall, but it was ignored. I also scrolled through the comments, and found that this has happened to other people.

I posted on the message boards here and I got this as my first answer from a user:
"Welcome to the club - they've been having MANY shipping issues for quite a few months now."

I left a message on Kyle Johnsen's Facebook page, (Admin of Cosplay.com) and I left a new comment on Cosplay.com's Facebook page. I posted about how dissapointed I was in the company, and that I would NEVER purchase from them again. One of my emails was returned right after this. However at 3:30pm yesterday Kyle Johnsen said that he would find out about my order and he never did. I have already emailed him this morning asking for the information.

I have been using this shop for years, but now I will NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN. This is unacceptable behavior, and now how a business should be run.
Miss Esa
I can say that I will NEVER be purchasing from this site again. I placed an order almost a month ago for the Monica wig in dark brown, and I chose standard shipping (4-7 days.) They charged my debit card, but never sent my purchase. For the past two weeks I have called and sent emails trying to get a tracking number or some kind of update on my order. Both numbers listed on the website result in a busy signal and no one has responded to my emails.

I posted on the Cosplay.com Facebook wall, but it was ignored. I also scrolled through the comments, and found that this has happened to other people.

I posted on the message boards here and I got this as my first answer from a user:
"Welcome to the club - they've been having MANY shipping issues for quite a few months now."

I left a message on Kyle Johnsen's Facebook page, (Admin of Cosplay.com) and I left a new comment on Cosplay.com's Facebook page. I posted about how dissapointed I was in the company, and that I would NEVER purchase from them again. One of my emails was returned right after this. However at 3:30pm yesterday Kyle Johnsen said that he would find out about my order and he never did. I have already emailed him this morning asking for the information.

I have been using this shop for years, but now I will NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN. This is unacceptable behavior, and now how a business should be run.

Wow, that's awful! I hope you found another solution. I agree, that's a terrible business practice. They should, at the very least, get back to you and let you know what's going on.

I ended up ordering from Arda Wigs. I ordered about a week and half ago, and the wig arrived today. If you haven't found a wig yet, maybe try them. They responded to all my emails and the wig shipped about three days after ordering it.

You'd think a store called cosplay.com would know how to operate better.

Interesting Nerd

Sora_Starrkiller
Miss Esa

Wow, that's awful! I hope you found another solution. I agree, that's a terrible business practice. They should, at the very least, get back to you and let you know what's going on.

I ended up ordering from Arda Wigs. I ordered about a week and half ago, and the wig arrived today. If you haven't found a wig yet, maybe try them. They responded to all my emails and the wig shipped about three days after ordering it.

Then ended up refunding my purchase, and sending me a new wig after a 2 hour phone call. But of course they sent me the wrong color wig. >.<

Arda has been suggested to me a few times now, and I am going to give them a shot with my next costume.
I would definitely suggest Arda wigs.
They're great quality and mine shipped within the week.

Good luck! heart
CosplayFU is great. They're fast with shipping. They are located in China, but they have free shipping for everything (A few dollars if you want it in a faster time frame). I've ordered from them many times and I was always satisfied.

I just got a new wig today that I got from Ebay which I've never done before, but I couldn't be happier with it. I got it from Jennifer cosplay. It was really cheap (only about $30 including shipping) and it's made with the kankelon fibers. I'm glad my judgement came through for me because I was a little nervous buying from Ebay sweatdrop

That really sucks about Cosplay.com though. I'm glad I didn't order from them because I really considered it one time. Shame.
Miss Esa
Sora_Starrkiller
Miss Esa

Then ended up refunding my purchase, and sending me a new wig after a 2 hour phone call. But of course they sent me the wrong color wig. >.<

Arda has been suggested to me a few times now, and I am going to give them a shot with my next costume.

Aww that's just frustrating. I do recommend Arda. I've only used them the once, but everything came in the right colour and undamaged. Their wigs are beautiful too! I ordered a pink one, and it has strands of different shades and a little bit of white thrown in so it looks highlighted like real hair. It's also very soft and doesn't have that shine that some other wigs do.

Good luck with your cosplay! I hope you can find a solution! Can you dye the wig they sent you?
Sorry for the double post! Not sure how to quote multiple people. xp

Anyway @sierrachu: I did use Arda, and they were fabulous!

@ChibiHanyou: I was looking at cosplayfu and I've heard good things about them too. Free shipping is always nice as well. I wanted to order a full costume from them, but I'm worried about sizing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff