Welcome to Gaia! ::

I recently did a Lost Planet cosplay, ( as it is one of my favorite games), and i've decided that i need to do another. However, for this one, there is a helmet that is worn that is actually fairly large. It is this one in particular: http://images.wikia.com/lostplanet/images/6/60/NEVEC_Soldier.jpg

Can someone give me some tips on how to go about this? smile

Golden Friend

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Honestly...I would just buy any dirt bike or motorcyle helmet and alter it. It might not be 100% accurate, but that's fine. If you got a helmet and altered it, you could still have the glass flap in the front to open and close in case you need some fresh air or need to cool off quickly, rather than take the whole helmet off.

Now, when it comes to altering it, there are a few ways you can go about doing this:

-Model Magic (You would have to perfectly measure it so it will fit the helmet, harden it, then glue it to the helmet)

-Fiberglass (Kind of dangerous, you have to use it in a very ventilated area so you don't inhale the fibers of glass. You would basically make a paper mache model of whatever it is you are going to make, stir the resin of fiberglass, then apply it quickly, let it dry, then apply more layers. There are tutorials online if you are interested in this)

-WonderFlex (it is a very easy to use material...again there are tutorials online).

Currently Questing:
Happy Melody User Image
112k/675k+
Latest Donator: Anonymous Benefactor ~ Henri the Poodle eek heart
->My Quest Thread<-

I was thinking of using a motorcycle helmet, but what is this Model Magic stuff? sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff