Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Friend

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
So I plan on making my Nurse Joy cosplay, hopefully soon once I actually set time aside to vigorously finish re-making my Yoko cosplay. The question I have is how to go about measuring. I know how to do measurements but the question I really have is:

Should I wear my push-up bra while doing my measurements?

They are really nice push-up bras from Victoria's Secret and really the only bras I wear, so of course I am going to wear one while cosplaying as Nurse Joy. They make my breasts look larger (yay!) so I'm assuming that my chest measurements would be different while wearing them. So should I just take my measurements with the bra on to be more accurate with them so it fits perfectly?

Currently Questing:
Dark Halo User Image
46k/222k+
Latest Donator: Anonymous Benefactor ~ Henri the Poodle eek heart
->My Quest Thread<-

Interesting Junior

6,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I always look like a devil....User Image
User Image

use the push up bra on when you're doing the measurement because you're using it too for your cosplay right? so, its better to measure it together.. smile User Image

..But i do have a heart of an angelUser Image

Golden Friend

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Catsz
User Image

use the push up bra on when you're doing the measurement because you're using it too for your cosplay right? so, its better to measure it together.. smile User Image

Alright, that's what I thought. I just wanted to be 100% sure before I went ahead and did it haha. Thanks ^_^

Currently Questing:
Dark Halo User Image
46k/222k+
->My Quest Thread<-

Interesting Junior

6,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Ithlia
Catsz
User Image

Alright, that's what I thought. I just wanted to be 100% sure before I went ahead and did it haha. Thanks ^_^

Currently Questing:
Dark Halo User Image
46k/222k+
->My Quest Thread<-

User Image

haha.. sure.. you're welcome.. smile User Image

Sparkly Conventioneer

12,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
Just to clarify: when measuring for your costume you will want to measure with what you will be wearing with the costume. So yes you will want to be wearing the type of bra you will be wearing with your cosplay, and if you are binding you should do measurements with the binder, and if you are measuring for pants you should wear the shoes you plan to wear. Etc. Otherwise the outfit might not fit as well 3nodding

Golden Friend

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
A Purple Duckie
Just to clarify: when measuring for your costume you will want to measure with what you will be wearing with the costume. So yes you will want to be wearing the type of bra you will be wearing with your cosplay, and if you are binding you should do measurements with the binder, and if you are measuring for pants you should wear the shoes you plan to wear. Etc. Otherwise the outfit might not fit as well 3nodding
I figured, it's just always good to make sure what I'm thinking in my head is actually correct. Thank you biggrin heart:

Currently Questing:
Dark Halo User Image
68k/222k+
->My Quest Thread<-

Eloquent Elocutionist

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, indeed. (Wouldn't want to tailor it to your regular chest and then, come convention day, put it on with your push-up and it doesn't fit!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games