Welcome to Gaia! ::

is it possible to make an Axel (Kingdom Hearts) wig from this wig? the wig i wanted to buy sold out, and im a first time wig stylist

http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16463&cat=2471&page=1

Blessed Fairy

My advise to you is that you should never mess around with a wig becuase if you screw up then you cant fix it. just wait a bit for the store to have the wigs in stock again then go buy yours(=
don't get the XL punky, get the shorter one.
Search tutorials on youtube.
Cosplay.com might have some info in the forums.

Invisible Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
i would get a shoulder-length, thick wig with no bangs, and cut/style it.
the top of the hair on the punky wigs is too short for Axel.

people screw up Axel wigs pretty badly, so be careful.
That would be a fantastic wig for you to work with.

Dangerous Genius

Im my opinion.

Dont buy it .________.
here's something a little more in depth;

There used to be a video tutorial by xdancingflamesx but she took it down.
She has my favorite Axel wig. EVVVER.
http://www.cosplay.com/member/194370/ her Cos.com account
http://xdancingflamesx.deviantart.com/ her dev art account

WIDOW'S PEAK LINK HERE
This is how she made the widow's peak. You can search youtube for 'lacefront wig tutorial'.

WIG COMBINING
She sewed together two wigs to make it more full.

STYLING
She spiked it afterwards.

I have notes that I thankfully took from her video, I can scan them if you need them.
PM me and I'll try to answer questions, you can also ask her if you'd like.
What you've got boy is hard to find
Think about it all about it all the time

I think that it could work pretty well. You can cut off the extra length and weft it in to create more thickness where it is needed. However if you're unsure on your wig styling abilities, you may want to look into a commissioner. Cosplay.com will be able to help with that more than Gaia (since commissioning is against Gaia's ToS).

Another one you may want to look at it is the Jareth by Arda It's thick, easy to spike, heat resistant, and high quality... Drawback is the price ($35 plus shipping) and I'm not sure if it comes in a color that's absolutely right. The one I linked is the closest color, imo, and there are only about four choices. If you have time, and they're going to a con you plan to attend, you might be able to get a discount buying it in person, but there's no promise there.
I'm all strung up my heart is fried
I just cant get you off my mind
Rosemary_Red
My advise to you is that you should never mess around with a wig becuase if you screw up then you cant fix it. just wait a bit for the store to have the wigs in stock again then go buy yours(=

so you are saying that you should only buy wigs that are already pre-cut/styled for you?
what if there is no such wig for sale?
or if you get the wig and it is inaccurate?
Yeah wait the store dear, it's better pirate
Ryuuki the Rocker
here's something a little more in depth;

There used to be a video tutorial by xdancingflamesx but she took it down.
She has my favorite Axel wig. EVVVER.
http://www.cosplay.com/member/194370/ her Cos.com account
http://xdancingflamesx.deviantart.com/ her dev art account

WIDOW'S PEAK LINK HERE
This is how she made the widow's peak. You can search youtube for 'lacefront wig tutorial'.

WIG COMBINING
She sewed together two wigs to make it more full.

STYLING
She spiked it afterwards.

I have notes that I thankfully took from her video, I can scan them if you need them.
PM me and I'll try to answer questions, you can also ask her if you'd like.

wow! her wig looks amazing!! i wish i could do that (since im a first time stylist, im nervous ill mess up)
Nocturnal Melodies__ix

I think that it could work pretty well. You can cut off the extra length and weft it in to create more thickness where it is needed. However if you're unsure on your wig styling abilities, you may want to look into a commissioner. Cosplay.com will be able to help with that more than Gaia (since commissioning is against Gaia's ToS).

Another one you may want to look at it is the Jareth by Arda It's thick, easy to spike, heat resistant, and high quality... Drawback is the price ($35 plus shipping) and I'm not sure if it comes in a color that's absolutely right. The one I linked is the closest color, imo, and there are only about four choices. If you have time, and they're going to a con you plan to attend, you might be able to get a discount buying it in person, but there's no promise there.

even though i am a cosplayer, i dont have a cosplay.com account yet sweatdrop

pathetic, huh?

i could get one though!

Invisible Hunter

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
eek

nonono. that wig is horrible. you could get much better, i assure you. that one looks clumpy and weighed down and plastered with too much gel.

trust me, you can get better.

also, those cosplay pics are very obviously photoshopped.

edit: make that all of her pictures aside from a couple of the wig itself (which is entirely different looking, even in color, than her other pics) are severely photoshopped.
akudem_axel
Nocturnal Melodies__ix

even though i am a cosplayer, i dont have a cosplay.com account yet sweatdrop

pathetic, huh?

i could get one though!
Art by Alice in ZombiiLand

User Image

Haha, I don't have one either, actually.

I'm not sure about the long Punky specifically, but the regular Punky is quite nice. It's a bit matted at the scalp because of the spiking, but not impossible to work with.

♥ Demmy ♥

Blessed Fairy

Mikurama
Rosemary_Red

so you are saying that you should only buy wigs that are already pre-cut/styled for you?
what if there is no such wig for sale?
or if you get the wig and it is inaccurate?

Unless you know what your doing, and I mean you have cut hair/wigs before and you know what to do, then you shouldn't try tampering with it becuase you could really mess it up.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that there are tons of Axel wigs out in the world so there's no need to freak out. Its up to the buyer to look over the wig to see if it is accurate and read over the shipping rules to see if they can return it if its not of they thought it was(=

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff