Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fatcat

So I’m trying to go ahead and think about possibilities for cosplay next year at AWA and I would really love to do a humanized Jirachi, but I want to get a body suit for it cause I think that would make it really good.

I don’t want to get a Morphsuit though cause those say “Morphsuit” on the butt and that will not work so I’ve been looking at Zentai suits, but I’m trying to find one without a head cause I want to be able to see and I will be wearing a headpiece for it, BUT I have no experience with body suits so I need to know a few things.

Are they too terribly see through? I’m gonna be getting a white one so… will I be able to wear like, pasties and a nude thong at least? I know it’ll probably be too tight for a full-on bra so…. at least those basic undearwears, right? Lol. Also, should I get like a matte suit or a shiny one?

I’ll probably end up getting it altered if it doesn’t fit well enough but I also plan on really getting into good shape so that I can look really good in it. Woop.

Any bodysuit advice?

Golden Friend

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
ugh ok
So I’m trying to go ahead and think about possibilities for cosplay next year at AWA and I would really love to do a humanized Jirachi, but I want to get a body suit for it cause I think that would make it really good.

I don’t want to get a Morphsuit though cause those say “Morphsuit” on the butt and that will not work so I’ve been looking at Zentai suits, but I’m trying to find one without a head cause I want to be able to see and I will be wearing a headpiece for it, BUT I have no experience with body suits so I need to know a few things.

Are they too terribly see through? I’m gonna be getting a white one so… will I be able to wear like, pasties and a nude thong at least? I know it’ll probably be too tight for a full-on bra so…. at least those basic undearwears, right? Lol. Also, should I get like a matte suit or a shiny one?

I’ll probably end up getting it altered if it doesn’t fit well enough but I also plan on really getting into good shape so that I can look really good in it. Woop.

Any bodysuit advice?

I haven't personally worked with a body suit, but honestly you should be fine with wearing nude or white things underneath. And DEFINITELY go with a thong, unless you want an underwear line haha razz But from what I have seen, they are not see-through at all. I've seen a Slenderman cosplayer with a full white zentai suit, and it was literally pure white. You couldn't see his hair or skin or anything underneath, so I definitely feel you will be safe with nude or white undergarments. As for the head part, honestly you can buy a full zentai suit and just cut the head part off. Of course, leave enough to cover your neck up to the top of it. If you want, you could even cut it a little higher than your neck so you can hem it to look nicer. I don't know what the character looks like, but I'm assuming when you say "headpiece" it is something that will be covering your whole head? Anyway...I'd say go with a matte one unless the character is shiny. Matte, in my opinion, looks better in photos. Shiny things definitely tend to turn out horribly in photos, the only exception I have found is pleather (not vinyl...actual pleather xD). Unless, of course, the character is meant to be shiny (i.e vinyl catsuit Catwoman).

As for a full on bra, now that I think about it, you probably actually COULD wear one. My one friend wore a bra when she put on her morph suit, and it wasn't noticeable at all...but then again her's was black. But, regardless, you couldn't see the straps or anything. I'd just test it out before you completely determine if you can wear a bra or not with it.

Fatcat

Ithlia
ugh ok

Any bodysuit advice?

I haven't personally worked with a body suit, but honestly you should be fine with wearing nude or white things underneath. And DEFINITELY go with a thong, unless you want an underwear line haha razz But from what I have seen, they are not see-through at all. I've seen a Slenderman cosplayer with a full white zentai suit, and it was literally pure white. You couldn't see his hair or skin or anything underneath, so I definitely feel you will be safe with nude or white undergarments. As for the head part, honestly you can buy a full zentai suit and just cut the head part off. Of course, leave enough to cover your neck up to the top of it. If you want, you could even cut it a little higher than your neck so you can hem it to look nicer. I don't know what the character looks like, but I'm assuming when you say "headpiece" it is something that will be covering your whole head? Anyway...I'd say go with a matte one unless the character is shiny. Matte, in my opinion, looks better in photos. Shiny things definitely tend to turn out horribly in photos, the only exception I have found is pleather (not vinyl...actual pleather xD). Unless, of course, the character is meant to be shiny (i.e vinyl catsuit Catwoman).

As for a full on bra, now that I think about it, you probably actually COULD wear one. My one friend wore a bra when she put on her morph suit, and it wasn't noticeable at all...but then again her's was black. But, regardless, you couldn't see the straps or anything. I'd just test it out before you completely determine if you can wear a bra or not with it.

Thank you so much!!

Golden Friend

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
ugh ok
Ithlia
ugh ok

Any bodysuit advice?

Thank you so much!!

No problem ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas