Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Signature Look 250
Alright. I ended up ditching my last idea for a Halloween costume due to lack of time and lack of sexy.
It also turns out that I've been able to save up enough money to spend about $100 on a costume.
The only thing I'm really short on is time. So I was thinking that Pikachu would be a PERFECT costume.

Why Pikachu? Because I'm 21 years old and Pikachu can be ******** SEXY when done right.
(Before you get on a "OMG UR A SLUT" kick, I don't care. I'm an adult, I can do what I want. We like, we like to party!)
And I'm going to a killer party this year, so this costume is going to have to be freakin' cool.
The only things I really have to worry about are the ears/tail.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
See? Totally hot.

Anyway. Now that I'm done drooling...

Like I said, I don't have a lot of time to completely create my own costume.
I've found a couple costume bases and a pair of shoes, but I'm having trouble finding the ears/tail.
Does anyone have any idea how to make them? Or better yet, have any idea where to BUY them?
I'm not interested in the crappy ones on ebay, I've already looked.
:[

If you have a good how-to or know someplace to get some good quality pieces,
just be sure to post and I'll be sure to tip!

Invisible Player

I suggest foam, Its lights weight and if you buy good foam it shouldnt fall or lean and wiggle all that crap. You would need some kind of stretchy material to go over it so It does not look baggy.

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Signature Look 250
I just got a PM about using cardboard for the tail, but I would be scared that it would crease.

Whattabummer.

Could you buy the right kind of foam at Hobby Lobby?
I'm familiar with sewing, but I've never constructed anything for a cosplay.
u___u;;

Sparkly Conventioneer

12,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
I made my ears / tail with fabric stretched over cardboard. Though mine were very last minute, so I'd sugguest using something like foam or foamcore which is stronger and one solid color. You can sew the shape and then pull over your frame.
Uhm well I advise. that you probably take something soft and shape it into the ears of a pikachu and get something sturdy to put it inside so it'll stand up right when you put the cloth over it. I'm not so sure about the tail; why not put foam and cardboard together. . . I hope this helps!

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Signature Look 250
Thanks for replying, guys!
I'll be headed out tomorrow to shop around for supplies.

And just to keep you updated...

I was going to buy this racer outfit and sew a small
Pokeball design on the front "pocket" area and a larger one on the back.

And then I was going to pair it with simple black heels.

8,700 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
That outfit looks adorable biggrin

although I think you should maybe paint the two brown stripes that Pikachu has on its back on your lower back that is not covered by the shirt.
its totally optional but it would boost accuracy biggrin

and in response to your PM you sent:

My friend's Pikachu ears and tail were the first thing me and her had ever sewn...so it was pretty simple
however I dont really recommend our method because although it was extremely cheap...it was a pain in the a** to do and ended up being really heavy.
our ears and tails started out as frames I made from wire coat hangers that I cut and re-connected together accordingly.
We then glued one sheet of fabric to the frame so it was somewhat of a 2D version of the tail (the fabric stopped the tail from bending really)
we then cut two more pieces in the shape of the frame and sewed them on, leaving openings in places (a lot of places on the Pikachu tail due to its size and shape) so that we could stuff it if regular poly-fil you can buy at walmart (we even bought the fabric at walmart as well)

The hangers as a frame was hard to work with, and made the pikachu tail really heavy.

Fashionable Conventioneer

5,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
I cosplayed as Pikachu my sophmore year, (two years ago) and I made a gothic loli Pikachu. I made the tail out of tough/hardened felt (I can guarantee you can find it in joann's fabric), and used velcro to attach the tail to my skirt, and a small wire to attach it to my shirt. To make the ears, I bought yellow and brown fleece, made each pikachu ear, and stuffed them so much with stuffing that they stood straight up. Then I glued them to a yellow flece covered headband, and thats how I cosplayed for the rest of the year. biggrin

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Signature Look 250
Thank you so much!
I was actually wondering how well coat hangers might work.
You totally saved me.
XP

Fashionable Conventioneer

5,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
oh by the way these are the prices:

Hardened Felt: 98 cents
Fleece: usually $4-6
Hot glue & gun: $3-6, $9-13 (not really necessary, but waaaay easier than sewing, I would suggest it for the tough tail only, it'll have the consistancy of cardboard)
Wire: $2 for a spool of it
Velcro: $2-4 (I suggest black)
Stuffing: $3-5
Headband: $1-2 (I would get it at the dollar store, they have a huge selection, I also suggest a thicker headband, because the stuffed ears would be slightly heavy)

Hope this helps. :3

6,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Signature Look 250
You guys are awesome.
0 30

Thanks!

5,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
I had a similar issue with making ears for my Glaceon cosplay. Ended up with some somewhat thick bendable wire for the form, faux fur for the back of the ears and a felt material for the inside. Wrap the extra wire around a head band, or if the ears are light enough, you can fashion them onto snap clips.

The fail... I honestly have no idea on a standing up one, aside from using the same method, but making a sort of loop and sewing it to the back of your shirt. It may look tacky, though. sweatdrop
For my pikachu ears I took a pair of old bunny ears and just fun felted pikachu design over them. It worked really nicely, and since I was a first time cosplayer

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
You can use EVA Foam to... Its very easy to use and very cheap too ^^

Sparkly Lunatic

6,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Dreadful Epiphany
Alright. I ended up ditching my last idea for a Halloween costume due to lack of time and lack of sexy.
It also turns out that I've been able to save up enough money to spend about $100 on a costume.
The only thing I'm really short on is time. So I was thinking that Pikachu would be a PERFECT costume.

Why Pikachu? Because I'm 21 years old and Pikachu can be ******** SEXY when done right.
(Before you get on a "OMG UR A SLUT" kick, I don't care. I'm an adult, I can do what I want. We like, we like to party!)
And I'm going to a killer party this year, so this costume is going to have to be freakin' cool.
The only things I really have to worry about are the ears/tail.

See? Totally hot.

Anyway. Now that I'm done drooling...

Like I said, I don't have a lot of time to completely create my own costume.
I've found a couple costume bases and a pair of shoes, but I'm having trouble finding the ears/tail.
Does anyone have any idea how to make them? Or better yet, have any idea where to BUY them?
I'm not interested in the crappy ones on ebay, I've already looked.

If you have a good how-to or know someplace to get some good quality pieces,
just be sure to post and I'll be sure to tip!

I saw a pair of pikachu ears and tail on ebay for $11.99 if you wanna just buy them haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff